NFL: 15 female employees report sexual harassment by several Washington executives

Sep 19, 2008
From The GM's Eye: Dan Snyder must recognize, implement...

I don't need a citation. It's common sense and bare minimum empathy to understand that someone who is complicit in allowing their employees to be sexually harassed shouldn't HAVE employees.

I -know- Washington isn't the only hostile workplace. That's still a flimsy excuse.. "well, other places have sexual harassment there.. so we can't do anything about this situation." How do you ever get out from under it? That's just being complicit from a NFL perspective.

Either make an example of Snyder or they should frankly be co-defendant on any lawsuits that arise from shit like this.

The BARE minimum they should be doing right now is levying heavy fines on Snyder and ensuring anyone implicated and found guilty are fired. They should then release a very public statement to all owners and teams saying that ANY owner caught being active or complicit in sexual harassment, discrimination, etc. will be forced to sell the team and will no longer be affiliated with the NFL in any capacity.

There's an opportunity to take a stand here and not allow it to continue, but you seem to be content to throw up your hands and say "well, no one else has been forced to sell over this before and they aren't likely the only ones, so.. oh well." How does anything ever change with this attitude?
You obviously didn't read the Aldridge article I posted. Do yourself a favor and read that. Yeah it's behind a paywall but it'll educate you deeply on why the NFL isn't gonna do shit on Snyder. And Aldridge like every reporter in this city hates the man but realizes the fact that he's not going nowhere. This is a blip on the radar. Fine at most.

Unless T'Challa is real, Washington's fans should prep for...

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
I don't need a citation. It's common sense and bare minimum empathy to understand that someone who is complicit in allowing their employees to be sexually harassed shouldn't HAVE employees.

I -know- Washington isn't the only hostile workplace. That's still a flimsy excuse.. "well, other places have sexual harassment there.. so we can't do anything about this situation." How do you ever get out from under it? That's just being complicit from a NFL perspective.

Either make an example of Snyder or they should frankly be co-defendant on any lawsuits that arise from shit like this.

The BARE minimum they should be doing right now is levying heavy fines on Snyder and ensuring anyone implicated and found guilty are fired. They should then release a very public statement to all owners and teams saying that ANY owner caught being active or complicit in sexual harassment, discrimination, etc. will be forced to sell the team and will no longer be affiliated with the NFL in any capacity.

There's an opportunity to take a stand here and not allow it to continue, but you seem to be content to throw up your hands and say "well, no one else has been forced to sell over this before and they aren't likely the only ones, so.. oh well." How does anything ever change with this attitude?

You're either incredibly naive or hoping the woman of your dreams is reading this post. None of this is even remotely in consideration.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
You're either incredibly naive or hoping the woman of your dreams is reading this post. None of this is even remotely in consideration.

I'm good, I'm in a healthy long term relationship.

What you and Roman Fell continue to miss the point on is.. I'm not being naive, I know what the NFL will do which is absolutely nothing. All I am saying is what SHOULD BE DONE. Which everyone should be unanimously in agreement with unless they are misogynists.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
I'm good, I'm in a healthy long term relationship.

What you and Roman Fell continue to miss the point on is.. I'm not being naive, I know what the NFL will do which is absolutely nothing. All I am saying is what SHOULD BE DONE. Which everyone should be unanimously in agreement with unless they are misogynists.

"Everyone who disagrees with me is a sexist!" :laugh: Okay, go back to your woke bubble.

Such outrage might be more understandable if those like you were just as outraged when Kraft was busted receiving sexual favors at a spa that extorts women for prostitution and was involved in human trafficking and got off only due to a legal technicality. But considering how quickly that was swept under the rug, forgive me if I see this as just another example of faux outrage.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
"Everyone who disagrees with me is a sexist!" :laugh: Okay, go back to your woke bubble.

Such outrage might be more understandable if those like you were just as outraged when Kraft was busted receiving sexual favors at a spa that extorts women for prostitution and was involved in human trafficking and got off only due to a legal technicality. But considering how quickly that was swept under the rug, forgive me if I see this as just another example of faux outrage.

Well, if you don't want people held accountable for being complicit in sexual harassment and are against drawing a line, sending a message and letting every team know that there will severe consequences for such behavior going forward.. what would you be? 'Cause it certainly isn't an ally. It certainly isn't someone who is offended by sexual harassment. It certainly isn't someone who cares that this is happening and wants it to stop.

I'm not here to talk about what about this, and what about that. If we want to have that discussion, bring that thread up and let's talk. The trap you and Roman keep falling into is pointing at something else that happened and saying, well, nothing was really done here, so we can't do anything about this. If we continue with that line of thinking then nothing will ever happen to dissolve this.

As I've said multiple times, I don't expect the NFL to do the right thing. They haven't in the past as you've pointed out. All I am asking for is that, this being the newest issue, and the only one left undecided for punishment, that we SHOULD step up now and say, enough is enough. If you don't want to be a part of an inclusive culture that is free from discrimination and harassment, then we will remove you from any association with the league.

So, put your finger away.. stop saying what about this and look when they didn't do anything about that. Take a stance now and say, enough is enough. No more of this garbage. If you are complicit or if you are involved, you aren't welcome.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Well, if you don't want people held accountable for being complicit in sexual harassment and are against drawing a line, sending a message and letting every team know that there will severe consequences for such behavior going forward.. what would you be? 'Cause it certainly isn't an ally. It certainly isn't someone who is offended by sexual harassment. It certainly isn't someone who cares that this is happening and wants it to stop.

I'm not here to talk about what about this, and what about that. If we want to have that discussion, bring that thread up and let's talk. The trap you and Roman keep falling into is pointing at something else that happened and saying, well, nothing was really done here, so we can't do anything about this. If we continue with that line of thinking then nothing will ever happen to dissolve this.

As I've said multiple times, I don't expect the NFL to do the right thing. They haven't in the past as you've pointed out. All I am asking for is that, this being the newest issue, and the only one left undecided for punishment, that we SHOULD step up now and say, enough is enough. If you don't want to be a part of an inclusive culture that is free from discrimination and harassment, then we will remove you from any association with the league.

So, put your finger away.. stop saying what about this and look when they didn't do anything about that. Take a stance now and say, enough is enough. No more of this garbage. If you are complicit or if you are involved, you aren't welcome.

If you're expecting that owners should be removed even if they did nothing criminal, you're going to spend the rest of your life triggered and hyperventilating. Focus your outrage on the people who actually committed the harassment.

Reactions: Roman Fell

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
If you're expecting that owners should be removed even if they did nothing criminal, you're going to spend the rest of your life triggered and hyperventilating. Focus your outrage on the people who actually committed the harassment.

Owners should be removed for knowing their employees are sexually harassing other employees and doing nothing about it. I'm not triggered or hyperventilating. I am asking for accountability from those at a level in the organization which should be creating safe environments for their employees, not allowing people to sexually harass others with impunity.

You don't get to be aware of these things and do nothing about it. Not at Snyder's level.

Sep 19, 2008
Owners should be removed for knowing their employees are sexually harassing other employees and doing nothing about it. I'm not triggered or hyperventilating. I am asking for accountability from those at a level in the organization which should be creating safe environments for their employees, not allowing people to sexually harass others with impunity.

You don't get to be aware of these things and do nothing about it. Not at Snyder's level.
New member of the Washington football radio booth? Julie Donaldson expected to be hired

Sounds like the culture is changing.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Which would be beyond hypocritical if they did. You seem to be implying the NFL should use a wheel of justice to determine which owners they should force to sell.
The NFL is the biggest hypocritical organization around. Since when do they care about looking like hypocrites. Bottom line is Washington, which was a marquee franchise for years, every single headline out of Washington in the last 20 years has been negative under Snyder outside of RGIII for a hot sec, which they managed to screw up as well. This should be the last straw if I was the NFL and I would use this opportunity to get rid of Synder. He is costing the NFL money and that alone should be enough reason for the NFL to want to remove him, let alone the long history of sexual misconduct in the organization.

Last edited:
Reactions: WeThreeKings

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
The NFL is the biggest hypocritical organization around. Since when do they care about looking like hypocrites. Bottom line is Washington, which was a marquee franchise for years, every single headline out of Washington in the last 20 years has been negative under Snyder outside of RGIII for a hot sec, which they managed to screw up as well. This should be the last straw if I was the NFL and I would use this opportunity to get rid of Synder.

:laugh:

So now "negative headlines" should be enough for the NFL for force sales of teams? If that were to be the case, the majority of owners would have been forced to sell their teams at some point. :laugh:

Reactions: Roman Fell

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
:laugh:

So now "negative headlines" should be enough for the NFL for force sales of teams? If that were to be the case, the majority of owners would have been forced to sell their teams at some point. :laugh:

Nope, the long history of sexual misconduct within his organization should be the reason. All the other things like incompetence, costing the league money, refusing to change the team name, running a once great franchise into the ground, are all just added reasons for him to go.

Reactions: WeThreeKings
Sep 19, 2008
Nope, the long history of sexual misconduct within his organization should be the reason. All the other things like incompetence, costing the league money, running a once great franchise into the ground, are all just added reasons for him to go.
They don't force owners to sell because of sexual harassment (which all the people involved have been fired for, btw)

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
They don't force owners to sell because of sexual harassment (which all the people involved have been fired for, btw)

They haven't because Snyder is still there.

Hey Roman, someone is sexually harassing me.

"Ok."

As the highest ranking person in the organization.. to do nothing about that means you are involved.

Sep 19, 2008
They haven't because Snyder is still there.

Hey Roman, someone is sexually harassing me.

"Ok."

As the highest ranking person in the organization.. to do nothing about that means you are involved.
And they would fire him for this why?

People think I'm trying to excuse sexual misconduct, I am not. I nevah said I was an advocate of sexual harassment. But this isn't really something to force Snyder to sell for. It's very sad, but this behavior is commonplace. I mean, a few days ago a story broke about sexual harassment at Fox News. Like, this isn't even the FIRST time that misconduct has been alleged at Fox News.

Snyder is a shithead and everyone agrees on that. But this isn't really something to force him to sell. I don't see why people are so adamant that he must sell based on this. In the whole scheme of things, this isn't even close to forcing him to sell.

Sep 19, 2008
When you have a history of sexual harassment, you don't get to play "I didn't know" card.
Again this isn't something you typicall yhave to sell for in the NFL. The only case remotely close was Jerry Richardson and it was because he sold of his own volition because he asked girls to show they ass for "Casual Friday"

Directly speaking about the NFL, this conduct is not enough to get an owner to sell. Period.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
It hasn't been but it should be. That is the point.

If another athlete punches a girl out cold on video, do you want them to give them only a 4 game suspension because that's what Ray Rice got? Or would you admit that it wasnt nearly enough and we need to set a bigger disciplinary standard for similar conduct.

Reactions: DangleCity

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Again this isn't something you typicall yhave to sell for in the NFL. The only case remotely close was Jerry Richardson and it was because he sold of his own volition because he asked girls to show they ass for "Casual Friday"

Directly speaking about the NFL, this conduct is not enough to get an owner to sell. Period.

With the sensitive climate we are living in now, all of the things surrounding Synder should be enough to get him removed. If I was a owner in the NFL, I would want this guy out. Unfortunately though it appears like the NFL is going to sweep this under the rug by allowing Synder to hire his own counsel do the probe into the issues.

Sep 19, 2008
Sep 19, 2008
It hasn't been but it should be. That is the point.

If another athlete punches a girl out cold on video, do you want them to give them only a 4 game suspension because that's what Ray Rice got? Or would you admit that it wasnt nearly enough and we need to set a bigger disciplinary standard for similar conduct.
I'm still waiting for anything other than a fine directed towards Snyder. You've yet to provide any compelling evidence that something he didn't directly take part in should lead to his having to sell the team. I get it, Snyder is an unpopular owner. We understand that. But make him sell based on things he did. Not this.

Reactions: Voight

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I'm still waiting for anything other than a fine directed towards Snyder. You've yet to provide any compelling evidence that something he didn't directly take part in should lead to his having to sell the team. I get it, Snyder is an unpopular owner. We understand that. But make him sell based on things he did. Not this.

What compelling evidence do I need?

As an owner of a team, when you are made aware of sexual harassment taking place by your employees and you do NOTHING about it. You are complicit and therefore INVOLVED.

If you don't think that letting people be sexually harassed in your organization without lifting a finger isn't enough to not be removed as an owner, I don't know what to tell you. Clearly I think that sexual harassment is a far bigger deal than you do.

I would never work for an organization that didn't care about that. Apparently, you'd shrug it off and say it's no big deal. I guess that's where we differ. I think sexual harassment is serious conduct that should never take place and you think it is okay to just fine someone for it, even though they had the power to investigate and stop it, but only did something when they were found out.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
The NFL should care more about how an owner treats employees of an NFL team than what an owner does or says outside of their NFL role. Snyder is running an organization that has twice been caught mistreating women it employs. Snyder did nothing to clean up the organization the first time they were exposed.

You're going to great lengths to defend yourself, Dan. Pointing to another owner's misdeeds doesn't get you off the hook.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
The NFL is the biggest hypocritical organization around. Since when do they care about looking like hypocrites. Bottom line is Washington, which was a marquee franchise for years, every single headline out of Washington in the last 20 years has been negative under Snyder outside of RGIII for a hot sec, which they managed to screw up as well. This should be the last straw if I was the NFL and I would use this opportunity to get rid of Synder. He is costing the NFL money and that alone should be enough reason for the NFL to want to remove him, let alone the long history of sexual misconduct in the organization.

I'm curious, approximately how much money is Snyder costing the league?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad