NFL: 15 female employees report sexual harassment by several Washington executives

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Disgusting. It's so sad how many of these stories are coming out in every public industry.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Cliffs:

-a ton of Redskins personnel sexually harrassed women
- The Redskins have no HR department (lol)
- Snyder and Bruce Allen didn't partake but likely knew

I don't know if it's the end, story seems similar to the Mavs and Cuban survived, but Snyder is already so hated...

Sep 19, 2008
Also, the hype about this being gigantic is grossly exaggerated. It's nothing that would cost Snyder his job. Just typical incompetence which is the norm at Redskins Park.

someone said Cuban survived a harassment crisis too. :

Sep 19, 2008
Cliffs:

-a ton of Redskins personnel sexually harrassed women
- The Redskins have no HR department (lol)
- Snyder and Bruce Allen didn't partake but likely knew

I don't know if it's the end, story seems similar to the Mavs and Cuban survived, but Snyder is already so hated...
There are a lot of owners who are hated. They aren't going to do shit to snyder based on this article.

Reactions: Voight
Sep 19, 2008
Mark Cuban survived this kind of story by claiming some distance from what the business office did. Snyder is probably done.
How is he done? He didn't harass anyone sexually. He's just a demeaning jackass. And if you look at the business world or the "dog eat dog" world this kind of attitude is not really atypical among firms. There are firms that treat people well and there are rough firms where the leader demeans and bullies you to get you to do better (see current Presidential Administration for an example)

The NFL isn't going to just strip people of ownership just because they're grossly incompetent. You gotta really f*** up to lose ownership. Something like Jerry Richardson. And he directly harassed employees. Snyder did no such thing.

Reactions: Voight

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
How is he done? He didn't harass anyone sexually. He's just a demeaning jackass. And if you look at the business world or the "dog eat dog" world this kind of attitude is not really atypical among firms. There are firms that treat people well and there are rough firms where the leader demeans and bullies you to get you to do better (see current Presidential Administration for an example)

The NFL isn't going to just strip people of ownership just because they're grossly incompetent. You gotta really f*** up to lose ownership. Something like Jerry Richardson. And he directly harassed employees. Snyder did no such thing.
I'm not surprised to see you downplay this.

Sep 19, 2008
I'm not surprised to see you downplay this.
If you read the article there's nothing you COULD do but downplay it. Because the LAME STREAM MEDIA had hyped this as "a devastating bombshell" and "reprehensible actions"

While they were bad and everyone feels bad about the women harassed this is nothing Mr. Snyder would lose his ownership over.

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Also, the hype about this being gigantic is grossly exaggerated. It's nothing that would cost Snyder his job. Just typical incompetence which is the norm at Redskins Park.

someone said Cuban survived a harassment crisis too. :
Cuban barely survived because he was able to say all of their sexual harassment was taking place in the business office across the street where Cuban claimed he never went and did not at all take place in the basketball operations side of things. With Snyder, this is apparently a bigger problem coming from people closer to Snyder.

The other issue Snyder faces is this comes out after the Dallas Mavericks story. A couple of years after, meaning Snyder had two years to try to clean up his team.

Sep 19, 2008
This has not been a good month of July for the Washington football team.
It's been a tumultuous offseason but this really isn't much. Come on.

Plus if this is as "bad" as it gets I'm fine with it. Been a rocky offseason but nothing they can't recuperate from. All that was in the past and it's time to move on to the new era.

Sep 19, 2008
Cuban barely survived because he was able to say all of their sexual harassment was taking place in the business office across the street where Cuban claimed he never went and did not at all take place in the basketball operations side of things. With Snyder, this is apparently a bigger problem coming from people closer to Snyder.

The other issue Snyder faces is this comes out after the Dallas Mavericks story. A couple of years after, meaning Snyder had two years to try to clean up his team.
What in the article suggested that Snyder may be forced to sell by other owners? They aren't going to get rid of him unless he DIRECTLY does something improper. Heck, Jerry Jones has harassed and flirted at women for years and they won't touch him.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
My initial reaction to this story is that it’s awful but this probably won’t cause him to sell

I wonder how much the NFL lawyers got them to edit this though

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
If you read the article there's nothing you COULD do but downplay it. Because the LAME STREAM MEDIA had hyped this as "a devastating bombshell" and "reprehensible actions"

While they were bad and everyone feels bad about the women harassed this is nothing Mr. Snyder would lose his ownership over.
You don't view sexual harassment to be "reprehensible actions," huh? My God. You're a terrible person.

Reactions: MXD

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Looks like the Jay Gruden stuff is a separate rumour on its own, although given all the smoke there, he's probably not the role model for ideal human being.

The ESPN reporter thing seems like it's just piggybacking off a bad (and unproven) "story" from years ago.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's more to come.

Sep 19, 2008
Looks like the Jay Gruden stuff is a separate rumour on its own, although given all the smoke there, he's probably not the role model for ideal human being.

The ESPN reporter thing seems like it's just piggybacking off a bad (and unproven) "story" from years ago.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's more to come.
Jay was just a loose cannon. He was very lax and cavalier and a player's coach who didn't really impose any discipline.

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Wouldn’t you want Snyder fired?
I'm starting to think we found Snyder's HF account.

Another thing to think about is how a few people were fired yesterday for this stuff, but all of this comes out a couple of years after the team learned they had a problem with cheerleaders. This tells you they discovered they had a toxic culture yet did nothing to address it until the Washington Post started digging.

Snyder knowing there was a problem and doing nothing is itself a big problem.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Jay was just a loose cannon. He was very lax and cavalier and a player's coach who didn't really impose any discipline.

I mean there are actually multiple stories and videos out there about his questionable behaviour. Some of these are made up, some of them are probably at least somewhat grounded in truth.

Sep 19, 2008
I mean there are actually multiple stories and videos out there about his questionable behaviour. Some of these are made up, some of them are probably at least somewhat grounded in truth.
someone on the caps forum reminded me of his pics of him smoking or hanging with coeds :laugh:

Sep 19, 2008
How to fire Dan Snyder.

On December 17, 2017, Sports Illustrated reported that "at least four former Panthers employees have received ‘significant’ monetary settlements due to inappropriate workplace comments and conduct by owner Jerry Richardson, including sexually suggestive language and behavior, and on at least one occasion directing a racial slur at an African-American Panthers scout." According to the anonymous sources which were the basis for the article, Richardson asked women in the team offices to "turn around so he could admire their backsides" on Casual Friday, among other "disturbing" office behavior.[15]

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad