Injury Report: '15-16 Injuries: Bogosian, Ennis, Franson, Kane, Lehner, McCormick out

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Well, duh.
HWuJZUy.png

(It's been one of my favorites because the two "it hurts a little bit..." and "it hurts a little more..." smiles seem to be enjoying themselves quite a bit.)

Safe word?

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

Jake McCabe avoids serious injury after leaving Tuesday's loss to Edmonton - Jay Skurski - Buffalo News - Wednesday, March 2 - BuffaloNews.com

Jake McCabe looked worse than he felt Wednesday.
The Buffalo Sabres' defenseman sported a shiner on his left eye and cuts both below and above it – the result of a hit that McCabe actually delivered Tuesday night.
McCabe laid out Oilers forward Nail Yakupov in the third period, but took the worst of the collision when Yakupov's helmet came up and hit McCabe in the face.
"He tried to cut to the middle and I hit him and as you can see on my face, his helmet went right in my head and just kind of shocked me a little bit," McCabe said.
"But I came back in here and passed all my concussion tests and no symptoms since, so all is well."

@JaySkurski - With Jake McCabe available, the Sabres have six healthy defensemen practicing. Cody Franson remains out, as do Ryan O'Reilly and Tyler Ennis.

Last edited:

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Ennis read to a group of kindergartners yesterday, so at least he's out and about. Making public appearances probably wasn't on his schedule a few weeks ago.

I liked one person's tweet that if he didn't get a headache after spending 20 minutes with a class of screaming five-year-olds, he should be deemed to have passed NHL concussion protocol. So true. :laugh:

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I mean, with only 12 games remaining, it doesn't exactly seem likely that Ennis will make a return.

Maybe RoR will get a game or two.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad