Injury Report: '15-16 Injuries: Bogosian, Ennis, Franson, Kane, Lehner, McCormick out

Ness

New Age Retro Hippie
Dec 5, 2008
Denver
The ROR injury sucks, but silver lining - he's getting an extended break from all of that extra ice time Bylsma was giving him. Knowing ROR's work ethic, I can see him being fully rejuvenated when he comes back from injury and is fully healthy.

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
Probably his third one of the season. "Just" when they tend to compound one another, is too many.

Third? He's only been out twice, right? Even so, concussions are a serious matter and I'm getting worried about Enzo. Also, I'm wondering if he got back too soon after his first injury. He looked really good in pre-season, and pretty bad in between injuries. I hope that the injuries are not related, but I worry that they are.

This is just speculation and reaching on my part, but I feel like many of our players have looked pretty bad coming back from injury. Girgensons, Bogosian, Kane, Ennis... And Lehner, the first time. I hope it's coincidental and mostly rust from not playing for a while, but if it's not, it's an indication that the staff rushes guys back who aren't 100% ready. And that would be really bad in the long run.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Third? He's only been out twice, right? Even so, concussions are a serious matter and I'm getting worried about Enzo. Also, I'm wondering if he got back too soon after his first injury. He looked really good in pre-season, and pretty bad in between injuries. I hope that the injuries are not related, but I worry that they are.

This is just speculation and reaching on my part, but I feel like many of our players have looked pretty bad coming back from injury. Girgensons, Bogosian, Kane, Ennis... And Lehner, the first time. I hope it's coincidental and mostly rust from not playing for a while, but if it's not, it's an indication that the staff rushes guys back who aren't 100% ready. And that would be really bad in the long run.

Preseason plus two in-season. Plus the other ones he's had in his career so far.

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
Preseason plus two in-season. Plus the other ones he's had in his career so far.

Ouch. Missed that there was one in preseason. That's bad. Maybe just let the guy rest for the rest of this year. No point in taking any chances with his health with this season already down the drain.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
19 games left and the last we heard is Ennis can't even tie his skates without feeling dizzy. The lack of updates on him is concerning.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Any news on McCormick? Obviously I can't imagine he's anywhere close to coming back this year, but one has to wonder if his career is shot too.

OcAirlines

Jul 18, 2009
Any news on McCormick? Obviously I can't imagine he's anywhere close to coming back this year, but one has to wonder if his career is shot too.

I've been wondering about him as well, have there been any updates recently? I remember there being this report a few months back where he said that he still doesn't know how much risk there would be involved if he started playing again and that he obviously has to think about his family first. I don't want to speculate too much but to me he sounded like a guy who deep inside knew that coming back wouldn't be a good idea, but who couldn't admit that to himself just yet. So I would assume that his playing days are over but that there hasn't been an official announcement yet either for personal or financial reasons.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Amazing Buffalo reporting. Seems Ennis has been skating... but why find that out earlier and report it?

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Not so good news in that he was having issues with bright lights though.

Yeah. It's positive only in that the situation is so bad we all had serious doubts he would return this season. If Murray's optimistic he will, that's our good news. Doesn't say much about what kind of player he will be when he does return or if he's not a hard hit away from retirement.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Not so good news in that he was having issues with bright lights though.

I thought Murray said he wasn't having issues with bright lights and also joked he wasn't going blind. The issues now are heart rate related. He can only push himself so far then fatigue sets in.

Tyler Durden

Sep 18, 2009
So when do you guys expect ROR to be back? According to the timetable the earliest I say is March 16 vs Montreal, thoughts?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I thought Murray said he wasn't having issues with bright lights and also joked he wasn't going blind. The issues now are heart rate related. He can only push himself so far then fatigue sets in.

I'll have to re-listen, but I took his comments to mean that Ennis was over the bright lights thing causing him problems but was one of his symptoms.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+

That's how I heard it, too. That he was not having trouble with bright lights.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
I'll have to re-listen, but I took his comments to mean that Ennis was over the bright lights thing causing him problems but was one of his symptoms.

Yeah, he said he wasn't having those issues now. Which would mean he was having them. As least that's how I read it.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Taking these last two updates together, we can deduce that Ennis is with 100% certainty not a mogwai, but if he were he'd be Gizmo, not Spike.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
@BuffNewsVogl -
Jake McCabe gets the crowd riled up with big hit on Nail Yakupov but took the worst of it and is headed to the trainers' room.

@BNHarrington -
McCabe looking woozy after hard collision with Yakupov. Still down on one knee. #Sabres
McCabe goes to the room. There is 3:05 left. Still tied 1-1. #Sabres

@kevinoDandC -
Considering the concussion suffered by Jake McCabe with #Amerks in March 2015, the face-to-face hit with Yakupov may be a cause for concern.

@BNHarrington -
Bylsma had no report on McCabe. "He went down pretty hard and looked pretty woozy going off the ice." #Sabres

Last edited:

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
Well, it's good to know that smiles can be used to track injury progress! :sarcasm:
Well, duh.
HWuJZUy.png

(It's been one of my favorites because the two "it hurts a little bit..." and "it hurts a little more..." smiles seem to be enjoying themselves quite a bit.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad