Prospect Info: 149th - Jarret Tyszka

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
You know, that's still my lingering impression of this draft. In a year when the Finnish and American talent pools seem deeper and stronger than ever and the Canadian pool weaker than ever, we pulled heavily from one CHL league. And, surprise, the one guy that we don't feel like we have to cross our fingers about is the Finnish guy.

I made the comment after the Fleury pick that our draft was getting a little imbalanced. Not only 3 defencemen, but 3 defencemen from the same league, while some pretty strong forwards were still on the board. Some of whom played big roles for their respective national teams. And then we drafted Tyszka on top of it.

Our prospect pool is a little wonky right now. A whole pile of CHL defencemen, 5 goaltenders with realistic prospects, and then you look at our forwards.

Hopefully we can catch the tail end of the finnish gold rush and get one of Kupari/Ylönen/Kotkaniemi.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Well the way Timmins was throwing around the word "asset" before the draft, their hope is one or two of these defenders pan out then they can ask for a ransom for them. The price of good defenders is just second to centres.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I've only seen him once but started to get interested to know more about him. He's got 10 pts in the last 10 games, I liked his skating, mobility and speed.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I've only seen him once but started to get interested to know more about him. He's got 10 pts in the last 10 games, I liked his skating, mobility and speed.

Going by production, Tyszka in the 5th Round looks to be a better pick than Walford in the 3rd.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I made the comment after the Fleury pick that our draft was getting a little imbalanced. Not only 3 defencemen, but 3 defencemen from the same league, while some pretty strong forwards were still on the board. Some of whom played big roles for their respective national teams. And then we drafted Tyszka on top of it.

Our prospect pool is a little wonky right now. A whole pile of CHL defencemen, 5 goaltenders with realistic prospects, and then you look at our forwards.

Hopefully we can catch the tail end of the finnish gold rush and get one of Kupari/Ylönen/Kotkaniemi.

Good job speaking it into existence.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Tyszka on the ice this morning in Brossard.

He was with his junior team not long ago. Not playing but around the team. I thought that even though he wasn't officially sent back to Junior, he was sent back to his team. I guess he's back in town to continue his recovery from concussion.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL

Tyszka on the ice this morning in Brossard.

He was with his junior team not long ago. Not playing but around the team. I thought that even though he wasn't officially sent back to Junior, he was sent back to his team. I guess he's back in town to continue his recovery from concussion.

Great news.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
wow this really sucks, I know he's had some injury issues but to see him miss so much time. Hope he can get healthy and get things going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad