Prospect Info: 149th - Jarret Tyszka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
That concussion and neck injury was alarming. I am not sure this kid should continue playing.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Really sucks that it cost him 3 months, hope he can get back and stay healthy. I fully expect the Habs to sign him before the June deadline, someone on the prospect board was suggesting that Kelowna trade for him in hopes that he'll be sent back there next year as an overager and would be a good addition for their Memorial Cup run if he were sent back which missing half the season it would make sense.

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Also now that the cat's out of the bag, I can also add that Tyszka has been feeling pretty good for a while, but Montreal just wanted to be 100% safe before clearing him for play. He probably could have returned in late Oct. / early Nov. if he wanted to (when he was skating in Brossard) but when a 19-year-old is recovering from a concussion you don't want to take any unnecessary risks. At this point I'm not really worried about the effects on his health, but rather the lost development time.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Is Tyszka actually exciting as a prospect? How does one pronounce his name?

yes, good size, skating, speed, mobility, he can move the puck and has some offensive skills. Needs work on his defensive game though. He's one of those guys that likely plays several years in the AHL and you hope he can work on his weaknesses while progressing as well.

Tis-ka

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
Is Tyszka actually exciting as a prospect? How does one pronounce his name?
68_en~v~tzatziki.jpg

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Also now that the cat's out of the bag, I can also add that Tyszka has been feeling pretty good for a while, but Montreal just wanted to be 100% safe before clearing him for play. He probably could have returned in late Oct. / early Nov. if he wanted to (when he was skating in Brossard) but when a 19-year-old is recovering from a concussion you don't want to take any unnecessary risks. At this point I'm not really worried about the effects on his health, but rather the lost development time.

yes, good size, skating, speed, mobility, he can move the puck and has some offensive skills. Needs work on his defensive game though. He's one of those guys that likely plays several years in the AHL and you hope he can work on his weaknesses while progressing as well.

Tis-ka

How would you guys compare him to Fleury style wise and upside/skills wise?

GSP2018

Nov 20, 2018
Am I the only one that think it is freaking dumb to have an unpaid/amateur 19 y old kid exchange punches in his first game back after missing more than 2 months rehabing post-commotional symptoms?

Man, poor kid... Poor parents.

This sport is so dumb sometimes.

Im sure there is some figure skating you could watch? My son plays, and would be worried for him . But it is his choice and its what he trained so hard for.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
How would you guys compare him to Fleury style wise and upside/skills wise?

I'd say he compares to Fleury but a notch below. Both have the frame, skating, speed, mobility that you want to see. Fleury has a better physical game and a bigger shot. Both need to sure up their defensive game, it's been hard to say this year since I haven't seen Tyszka in a real game since last year and Fleury while looking good in Laval hasn't played a lot of games in a row. I'll have a better feel for Fleury by the end of the year since I watch every laval game, I hope to see a few games of Tyszka at some point.

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
I get that he's been injured a lot the last two years, but how has he looked so far this year? I see he has 8 points in 9 games playing for a weaker team, but has he improved his game aside from more easily exploiting his underrated offensive skillset?

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018
Still racking up points. How is he looking? I've always liked the pick abd I hope that injury didn't set him back too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->