Post-Game Talk: #14: FLYERS 3 at Sharks 4 (OT), Saturday, Nov. 3, 2018, 10:30 p.m. ET

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
G, Couts and Ghost have been really off this year. These 3 along with Konecny have to start producing. Sharks look so fast compared to us. Pickard played well but that 3rd goal he needs to have a better angle on.
He tried to catch it, should have chest block it with a better angle. But Gudas should have covered Thorton better

CerpinTaxt

Apr 1, 2009
KY
I said a 1 goal game would be a victory for the Flyers, but after watching this game it definitely isnt.

The fact that the goals the Flyers scored were on the rush, giving up the GT goal cause the fore-check disappeared, benching players who were having a positive impact on the game, and then losing in OT just sums up Hextall hockey. Yea, its Hextall hockey until he fires Hak. Pickard was the only reason this wasnt a blow out.

Flyers1928

Jan 26, 2018
Canada
What did you want him to do there?
um step the f*** up, had all day im thinking do we only have 2 guys on the ice. Thats the whole f***ing problem with the Pk you got cement feet f***ing 22 and 15 killing penalties and wonder why ur 30th in the league for 5 years in a f***ING ROW. I HATE toronto and look who they got killing penalties. WORST COACHING STAFF IN THE HSTORY OF THE LEAGUE. f*** YOU RON

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
People are acting surprised. Idk why. We had a 3-2 lead going into the 3rd. It took close to 10 min to get a shot on goal an about 15min to get a contested shot on goal.

Play for OT, you stay in that competent mindset. Worst coach I’ve ever seen.

F496381B-1964-44BB-899D-5613CBCF4E25.gif

Dakota402

Jul 12, 2011
Philadelphia
I made a few bets tonight and watched some other NHL games besides the Flyers during intermissions. The difference is night and day. We consistently let the Sharks enter the zone without even challenging them at the line. Our breakouts are an adventure every single time. You would think this team has never played together with how hard it is for them to complete simple passes. I have no faith in Hextall doing anything meaningful but this team is going nowhere without serious changes to the coaching staff and philosophy as a whole.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
um step the **** up, had all day im thinking do we only have 2 guys on the ice. Thats the whole ****ing problem with the Pk you got cement feet ****ing 22 and 15 killing penalties and wonder why ur 30th in the league for 5 years in a ****ING ROW. I HATE toronto and look who they got killing penalties. WORST COACHING STAFF IN THE HSTORY OF THE LEAGUE. **** YOU RON

What on earth are you talking. Ghost even tipped the puck slightly on that OT goal.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It's all Hak's fault, should have started OT with Provorov, Patrick and Lindblom.

It was a good point, San Jose at home, they're a more talented team, but Flyers were a TK choke away from victory.
Flyers actually had more scoring chances and HD scoring changes than San Jose, though they lost the Corsi battle.

Who was the guy impersonating a NHL goalie in the Flyers net?

Weise - Weal - Simmonds was our best line and earned their minutes, the 1st line got outplayed again, I'm thinking at some point down the road TK moves to the Lindblom - Patrick line and they will eventually be our first line, they're quicker and more athletic, just need some seasoning. There's something to be said for young legs. Then let Giroux - Couts feast against 2nd lines.

Reactions: DaphneLion

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Great road game! Way to get the point! Translation: played the Hak way with little emphasis on creation and speed.

Provorov
: The feet and hands are back boys. It was only a matter of time
  • Drifting backwards out of the Ozone, puck dribbles in front of him towards the blue line which he just crossed. Stopped on a dime, moved his feet quickly and bolted forward to keep the puck in. Didn't lead to anything, but it's a good sign he's getting his sea legs back
  • Stoned Jumbo Joe cold on the entry. Poked it away, and gathered it for the easy outlet.
  • Jumping up on the play again for the 3rd goal, which enough strength to power through obstruction via a hook.
Hagg: another solid showing by our top pair defender. Did a great job defending on that first goal. I counted 3 panic plays so far
  • Rushed a pass up the middle which bounced off a Shark skate > time for more defense
  • One was that boneheaded icing which resulted in an extended Sharks foray
  • Panic shot from the point (patent pending). Pressure over.
Lindblom: pass after pass from him is on the money. I counted 3 times in the second only where I mumbled "nice" on little outlet passes for easy outs, and the 4th one was that centering pass to Jake, who, by the way, needs to be traded for Nylander.

Sanheim: more of the same from our #6 dman
  • Another great keep, coming from the middle of the blue to the boards on the PP. Seems to have 2 or 3 of them each game. Caused Simmonds' chance in the second down low on his patented move
  • He came in down below the circles to grab an area pass the Jake threw down there as he was pressured with his back to the sharks' net, and had a great look to Patrick in the slot. Just tipped away.
Folin: Add another solid showing to the pile for our #4 defenseman. Decided to chill in no man's land- shocking, I know- then drifted towards the puck carrier already marked by Ghost instead of helping in the middle. Left Konecny having to defend a bigger Meier with a head of speed to the net, forcing him to take a slashing penalty. Nice

NAK: I can just ctrl v this every night. Get the f***ing kid out there more so we can watch him burn around the boards and cause fits for the opponent in both the D and O zone. He's fiendish going after the puck and it seems like 85% of the time he comes up with it. To boot, he's quick enough to a) hang with anyone on the forecheck and b) gain separation if he gathers the puck

Weal: must have heard me last week. He's had a few good games in a row now. Making a lot of smart passes and good decisions with the puck on his stick in the NZ. Hope he keeps it up and keeps the penalties to a minimum. That shift towards the 5 min mark of the 3rd was all on him making good passes (and Weise with good puck pursuit)

The PK is infuriating. Another goal where the puck carrier was allowed all the time he needed for Pavelski to walk in uncovered (shocking, I know) behind the D for the easy pass shoot score. Pickard played very well but came up small on the last goal. On one hand, he made a lot of good saves and a few great ones. On the other hand, the tying goal was softer than a sack of wet mice. The blue line turnovers are infuriating. Hell they lost on 2 consecutive blue line turnovers. Giroux trying to walk into the zone around 2 Sharks at their blue line, then Voracek lost it at our blue line. 2 on 1. Goal. If I wasn't drinking and laughing, I'd be crying. If you need me, you can find me in The Coffin™.

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
Game was lost long before OT. Just like last PP when he reverted to unit that’s doesn’t work.
And yes i wouldn’t of played Jake in OT. Nolan and Oskar, play someone who had a good game , play a hunch.

Jake shouldn’t start an OT again.

Come again?
Using your assumption I will deduct that the game was lost before initial face off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad