14-15 HFBoards Yahoo Fantasy Premier Keeper League Part VII

BrockH

Nov 12, 2008
Toronto, ON
So rebuilds are criticized now? I guess the Blackhawks and Penguins success is discounted because they had runs of poor play.

For the record, I specifically cheered for the Red Wings because of the fact they didn't have any #1 picks when they were playing against the Penguins. I don't like the concept that you have to tank before you can win it all.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
I'm trying to think of rivalries we've had in the past that match Balls vs. RM.

Drawing a blank.

:laugh: This is hysterical. I think it's so funny that RM changed his username and slogan. I've been laughing about it all night. Honestly the funny thing is I don't even consider him a rival. I consider my rivals to Brock and CRD. Beating RM is just like any other Sunday for me and I don't even care. I mean he works for the NHL and everything, I'm not saying he's a bad fantasy player. I just don't care. It's like when the Penguins play the Panthers.

For the record, I specifically cheered for the Red Wings because of the fact they didn't have any #1 picks when they were playing against the Penguins. I don't like the concept that you have to tank before you can win it all.

Well I think your team is the New York Yankees of the league. From day one you've had a good team and made some sucker trades on the rest of us. I drafted really poorly and admittedly was very stupid in my first year or two. But you look at the perennially good teams they're the ones like Brock's and UB's who sucked up a lot of key young players. The only way to compete with that, especially in this league is to rebuild from the bottom. I traded the few good pieces I had in year one for young completely unproven players and repeatedly scuttled my team year after year when it was evident my team wasn't ready yet. But what you're seeing is the dawn of a very methodical rebuild that is finally beginning to bear fruit and a team that will compete with the other well GM'ed teams in the league year after year.

ubiquitous

*shink*
Aug 19, 2008
Prince George, BC
I would argue the only player I've 'sucked' up is Stamkos. Out of my keepers....Yandle, Rask, Johansen were waiver pickups, Kopitar, Rinne and Seguin were trades, the rest I drafted despite finishing high every year....

Brain Sergeant

Squirrel!
May 28, 2007
The one main thing Balls doesn't understand is correlation doesn't imply causation. I didnt actually say because I work on an nhl product I'm better at fantasy then well.. anyone. I said it puts me in a unique position in that I get to justify watching a lot of hockey, playing a lot of hockey and being well versed in pretty much every major league in the world. There's a pretty giant difference. It makes sense however that someone who doesn't even watch hockey would think that correlation vs causation makes sense in sports because obviously finishing bottom 4 every year = young studs = success. I mean even the underwear gnomes don't get step 2 but they still know step 3 is profit.

Brain Sergeant

Squirrel!
May 28, 2007
Didn't ubi get all his great young players in horrible trades where he fleeced balls? I see a trend developing here.

ArtursSilovsShirt

King Arturs 👑
Jun 21, 2006
Kelowna, BC
To CCF:
Marian Hossa
Andrei Markov
7th round pick (JATD)
8th round pick (JATD)

To JannikAtTheDisco:
Andrew Shaw
Dan Hamhuis