Speculation: 14/15 Avatars, the final season at NVMC

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
I want too spend the next few months with ideas and opinions for our last year avatars at the NVMC. I really wan't too make something special (or maybe someone else can).

I started with this, please comment and throw ideas out there.

Thank You
John

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
How about "Good riddance!"

How about we show some class and respect for those fellow Islander fans who have supported this team, which has chosen to move away from them for solely financial purposes after over 30 years of mismangement, and hopes a fanbase will develop there since they screwed up the last one they had?

Insulting as they walk out the door serves no good purpose.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
How about we show some class and respect for those fellow Islander fans who have supported this team, which has chosen to move away from them for solely financial purposes after over 30 years of mismangement, and hopes a fanbase will develop there since they screwed up the last one they had?

Look at his location.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
"So long, Fort Neverlose"

and then flash up the coli, a classic Isle and then a current one.

The "Fort Neverlose" nickname is LONNNGGGGGGG gone. More like "Fort Mostly lose"

How about a gif of the coliseum and a wrecking ball into it, and then a quick pic of a guy on a train or in traffic, and then the final pic of a guy sitting in seats in Barclays, 15 miles from the ice with binoculars?

LOL..Ill take that one!!!

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY

So trashing Barclays is fair game, but the Coliseum is sacred? Anyway, it was a joke. Lighten up Francis.

And You Feel Shame

Jul 31, 2007
I could see doing something highlighting different players wearing each number through the decades and a final frame highlighting the coliseum.

I was planning on throwing some things together this summer, but I'll try to find some time sooner than that.

And You Feel Shame

Jul 31, 2007
After a day's worth of background thought, I am thinking of a "Thanks for the memories" approach highlighting key events that happened in the coliseum. These could inlclude Islanders history of course, but also concerts (Billy Joel) or other events (Nets/Arrows)...

I have to admit, I was originally all lined up to create a set of avatars based on Butchisms for next season, but I'll save that idea for next years playoffs. :help:

JTforPres2012

Feb 12, 2012
After a day's worth of background thought, I am thinking of a "Thanks for the memories" approach highlighting key events that happened in the coliseum. These could inlclude Islanders history of course, but also concerts (Billy Joel) or other events (Nets/Arrows)...

I have to admit, I was originally all lined up to create a set of avatars based on Butchisms for next season, but I'll save that idea for next years playoffs. :help:

That would be legendary.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
IMG958020.jpg

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Nice Rise. Maybe replace the year banners with the Isles logo? The dynasty was so long ago and it's embarrassing that it's the only thing we have that we can hang our hats on as Isles fans. To me anyway...

And You Feel Shame

Jul 31, 2007
Nice Rise. Maybe replace the year banners with the Isles logo? The dynasty was so long ago and it's embarrassing that it's the only thing we have that we can hang our hats on as Isles fans. To me anyway...

It shouldn't be embarrassing - it's one of the more impressive feats in the history of hockey.

Right now is as good a time as any to keep a reminder out there that we were once a dominant franchise. Many franchises don't have a single cup win to reflect on, much less 4 in a row that some of us are old enough to remember.

Strome18

Oct 23, 2010
Florida
Fort LI penny pincher arena. Good riddance is right. If not for the county, ownership and the SMG/Arena crap this team would have been gone and at least competed. The fans that supported this nonsense deserve it and should never ever complain.

Smh. Sure the fans cannot exactly change it but supporting this nonsense extended the run for 3 decades. The reaffirming the lease for another 15 years was the dagger to my heart for LI.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad