Prospect Info: #13OA - Hurricanes select C Seth Jarvis (Portland - WHL) - signed to ELC 12/28/20

The Jerk Store

Felix Unger Score'em
Jul 2, 2012
Hills to the North
upload_2020-10-6_21-59-30.jpeg

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
this is one of those weird situations where you see a player's profile about what people have said about them trying to find some dirt and there's just nothing there in terms of glaring weakness that anyone expressed in print. it was the same deal with jack quinn and the only limiting factor was how high you could reasonably bump him after he went supernova in the whl. 63 points in 26 games before the pandemic cancelled the season. i didn't look into this player a lot but he checks a lot of boxes for what we're doing lately. a little bummed quinn managed to crack the top 10 but good for him.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
"Favorite social media influencer"

Yeah, I'm getting old.

I would say that I feel the same way, but I, too, have my favorite social media influencers. They're all the entertaining trash on Dr. Phil's program that shows up every single season in the tire fire episodes :biglaugh:

TheReelChuckFletcher

Jun 30, 2011
As for Jarvis, I love, love, love this pick. I had Amirov and Jarvis essentially tied as the BPA in our slot after Askarov and Lundell both got picked up back-to-back (unfortunately), but when comparing Jarvis and Amirov, Jarvis had the better analytical profile (maybe one of the best in the entire draft outside of Rossi and Lafreniere) while Amirov had the better eye test, at least to me. Absolutely no surprise that the FO went for the analytical swing, however, and can't wait to see how he turns out.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
"Favorite Social Media influencer? get off my lawn"

That's my favorite guy too :laugh:

For real though, I volunteer w/ the youth at my church, and every once in awhile one of them will tell me they met someone "famous". At first I thought the "famous" person would be Taylor Swift or Bieber or Jennifer Lawrence, or someone that I would at least know. Instead it's always someone on TikTok and I'm like "who the hell is that?". Then I look into them and they are nothing interesting, just some random person lip-syncing to pop music. Then I think to myself, "HisIceness, you are trending on boomer territory".

I would say that I feel the same way, but I, too, have my favorite social media influencers. They're all the entertaining trash on Dr. Phil's program that shows up every single season in the tire fire episodes :biglaugh:

Cash me outside, how 'bout dat :laugh:

TheReelChuckFletcher

Jun 30, 2011
That's my favorite guy too :laugh:

For real though, I volunteer w/ the youth at my church, and every once in awhile one of them will tell me they met someone "famous". At first I thought the "famous" person would be Taylor Swift or Bieber or Jennifer Lawrence, or someone that I would at least know. Instead it's always someone on TikTok and I'm like "who the hell is that?". Then I look into them and they are nothing interesting, just some random person lip-syncing to pop music. Then I think to myself, "HisIceness, you are trending on boomer territory".

Cash me outside, how 'bout dat :laugh:

Now, to be fair to influencers, many of them are really good, especially if you're into the health and fitness world. Many culinary influencers are top-notch, as well (Dan Souza, Kenji Lopez-Alt, and Bryan Roof are three really good ones on Instagram). The ones that don't have any purpose besides licking ice cream tubs for shock value, at best, and borderline-Darwinian stunts at worst? Uhh, no, I can see all of them on Philly McGraw's show for a good, hearty laugh.

Last edited:

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
"Favorite social media influencer"

Yeah, I'm getting old.

Yeah its time to pack it in for me too. Jesus. I used to love the movie "Pump up the Volume" with Christian Slater, but now we see what kind of hell arises when every random dumb teenager is given an outlet to express themselves to the entire world.

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
Yeah its time to pack it in for me too. Jesus. I used to love the movie "Pump up the Volume" with Christian Slater, but now we see what kind of hell arises when every random dumb teenager is given an outlet to express themselves to the entire world.
As opposed to one old guy completely out of touch with everything and hopped up on steroids?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad