Prospect Info: #13OA - Hurricanes select C Seth Jarvis (Portland - WHL) - signed to ELC 12/28/20

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
5'10 skilled Center
February 2002 Birthdate

Second leading scorer in the entire WHL with 98 points in 58 games

Underrated two-way game, does a bit of everything.

some quotes from scouts in Black Book:

"He's a guy that can play all over the ice, he's more than just a north/south winger"
"I just watched more video, the more I watch the more I like him"
"No chance he gets out of the top 10"
"Was the driving force every time I saw him. Practically won some games on his own"

from Mark Edwards:

"We had him 12th in the pre-season but dropped him on the next list. Then I saw him right after in January and knew I immediately had to get him back in that top range. I was a big fan in February, now I'm trying to figure out how high to move him up. Fantastic player."

He was ranked #7 OA by Hockeyprospect (Black Book)

Last edited:

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
The 11th overall pick of the 2017 WHL Bantam Draft, Portland Winterhawks centre Seth Jarvis had a breakout campaign this year. He was especially good in the second half of the year. Jarvis was especially hurt by the cancellation of the WHL season. He scored 42 goals and 56 assists for 98 points in just 58 games this season. Jarvis was barely over a point per game to start the year but was on fire with 63 points in his last 26 games before the pandemic hit.

His big season came after gaining confidence playing for Team Canada in the Hlinka-Gretzky Cup last summer. He scored two goals and two assists for four points in five tournament games and won a silver medal. Last season, Jarvis scored 16 goals and 23 assists for 39 points in 61 games. He also added three assists for the Winterhawks in five playoff games. Jarvis was part of Team Canada Red at the 2018 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge, scoring two goals and three assists for five points in six games.

Seth Jarvis Scouting Report: 2020 NHL Draft #16 - Last Word on Hockey

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I wanted Askarov or Jarvis so I'm stoked. 42 goals and 98 points in 58 games last year. 28 points more than the 2nd leading scorer. Jarvis is small but he is fearless. He's going to fit Rod's system like a glove. Exactly what Dundon was saying in that podcast when he said they want Brayden Point types.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad