Prospect Info: #13OA - Hurricanes select C Seth Jarvis (Portland - WHL) - signed to ELC 12/28/20

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
He’s everywhere he should be on every play.

Seth says all the right things, at exactly the right times
But Seth means nothing to you and you don't know why

seth-jarvis-2021-979.jpg

Last edited:

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Tony D thinking "wait I thought we were supposed to keep our divisive hot takes off of social media wtf rookie"

Speaking of rookie: when do we start talking about Calder votes for this kid?

Given what he's shown thus far, he's going to be putting up points, but they're going to be the non-flashy kind, and likely be overshadowed by his defensive play. Given that, and the fact that he plays in Carolina, I give him approximately a 2% chance of making any Calder noise.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Given what he's shown thus far, he's going to be putting up points, but they're going to be the non-flashy kind, and likely be overshadowed by his defensive play. Given that, and the fact that he plays in Carolina, I give him approximately a 2% chance of making any Calder noise.

Unless Raymond cools off, it won't matter.

That said, the fact that he plays in Carolina, even though the Canes are a top team, will limit his exposure. Could you imagine if he had done what he's done in Carolina for a team like Toronto, MTL, etc..? The hype would be out of this world.

Heck, after the playoffs last year, a bunch of Habs fans were saying that Caufield should have gone in the top 3 of the draft.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Some observations watching highlights.

-They looked tired in that 2nd period, but Freddie kept them in it.

-Necas, what a pass to Bear!

-Jarvis is on a great trajectory upwards, if he can develop a 1 v 1 breakaway game and/or shootout game, well damn thats just going to spell more trouble for the rest of the league.

-Anaheim has been a house of horrors for this franchise in the past, not last night though.

VibesAlive

Coastal Jerk
Jun 3, 2018
Salt Marsh NC
I made it to puck drop in the third, and woke up on the sofa at 4am. But I digress.

Putting on the replay of the third this morning, I casually said to my wife I wouldn't be surprised if Jarvis got the game winner again.

Like others, it's just amazing what he's done in such a short time while gaining the trust of Brindy. Just wow.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Some observations watching highlights.

-They looked tired in that 2nd period, but Freddie kept them in it.

-Necas, what a pass to Bear!

-Jarvis is on a great trajectory upwards, if he can develop a 1 v 1 breakaway game and/or shootout game, well damn thats just going to spell more trouble for the rest of the league.

-Anaheim has been a house of horrors for this franchise in the past, not last night though.

f*** I meant to post this in the GDT :facepalm:

Jarvis is good though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad