139th - Sebastian Aho (D)

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
This could be huge for us.... Aho has the skill set to have a Gostisbehere impact if his game translates to the NHL. Isles need a Cinderella story in the worst way...
He doesn't have anywhere close to the hard shot Ghost has unfortunately. He is small and qucik and he has great vision, can thread a pass nearly anywhere. Watch his hilights though and most of his goals are wrist shots from the blue line and most don't have much mustard on them. He won't score much in the NHL. Good pp guy, similar to Tomas Kaberle.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
He doesn't have anywhere close to the hard shot Ghost has unfortunately. He is small and qucik and he has great vision, can thread a pass nearly anywhere. Watch his hilights though and most of his goals are wrist shots from the blue line and most don't have much mustard on them. He won't score much in the NHL. Good pp guy, similar to Tomas Kaberle.

It would be nice if he had a hard shot, but if he's able to get a higher % of them through defenders and on net, I'd take that. I'm constantly frustrated by pointmen who more than half the time shoot wide or have their shots blocked.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
As long as he gets shots through I'm not overly concerned with the velocity.

Plus, we have a howitzer on the blueline thanks to Ryan Pulock.

scott99

May 13, 2005
I can see Aho being a 10-15 goal NHL offensive Dman. Probably is an Islander next season.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Apologies for Bumping this thread. But as mentioned this summer. I am very high on Aho this preseason on making the Isles.

Nice shot last night.

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
He wasn't a finished product last year by any means, but you could also see this kid do a lot of good things too. I think his game fits the modern NHL and having someone like Trotz coach him can only be a good thing.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Maybe a Krug lite. This would a great addition to the Isles back line. I agree he will fit into Trotz's quick on the stick and out of D zone philosophy tremendously.

Bronson

Apr 5, 2007
I'm very high on Aho. I thought he was our best pick in 2017 and I still think he is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad