139th - Sebastian Aho (D)

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011
Sebastian is born '96, and he has already played 152 games in the SHL. I think he will compete for one spot on the NHL roster this season.

He played 50 games last season. 30 points. 20:00 TOI/GP

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
This kid was super hyped years ago and then passed up in two(?) drafts until now.

Could see him on here sooner rather than later.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Don't know about the rest of his game, but good god he can walk the blueline.

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
So this is the kid who was hyped a couple of years ago? Seriously thought he was with some NHL franchise. He needs to be signed immediately doesn't he?

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Replacement for Bischoff in Bridgeport?

He has over 200 games of pro experience in the SHL. He's in another tier in my opinion.

Will likely sign with an out clause if he doesn't make the Islanders.

I wonder if NYI will try and packge two of Pelech/Toews/Wotherspoon (All LHD) + multiple 1st rounder for Duchene, and supplement the loss with Aho and Salo plus Mireagas more down the road.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Don't know about the rest of his game, but good god he can walk the blueline.

Great skater, that end to end rush at the 2:40 mark is amazing. Hopefully we can get him over here. Is it weird that this pick excites me more than Salo and Mireagas ?

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Great skater, that end to end rush at the 2:40 mark is amazing. Hopefully we can get him over here. Is it weird that this pick excites me more than Salo and Mireagas ?

No, he's clearly the most dynamic with the puck and NHL ready of the three.

Ricklongisland

May 31, 2016
New York
Good player. I remember hearing about him a few years ago. I used to get him confused with the better Aho but I really like this pick. He seems like his game has really matured and he is not that far away from being in the NHL. Probably our best value pick of the draft.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I hope we end up trading him to Carolina just to make it hell for their announcers

Im not even sure as a play by play guy how you handle that. I guess because one is D and one is offense it's not that hard for fans watching on tv to know so you just say Aho and pretty much everyone knows

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011
Looks like he could be BPT next season after all.

Today he also said that he got three years left on his deal with Skellefteå. And that he really love to live in Skellefteå... But that he hopes that he can play in NA someday.

You have to keep in mind that he is the best defender in Skellefteå. I don't think he will leave SHL for AHL...

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Today he also said that he got three years left on his deal with Skellefteå. And that he really love to live in Skellefteå... But that he hopes that he can play in NA someday.

You have to keep in mind that he is the best defender in Skellefteå. I don't think he will leave SHL for AHL...

Who would you compare him to? Visnovsky maybe?

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Button had Aho ranked in the 30's in the 2015 draft. Watching this kids highlights he can really skate and is very good at getting the puck on net especially on the pp. Im very surprised he has never been drafted.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
If he does make the Isles someday, what are the odds that Butchie sometimes adds an "L" to the end of his last name?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->