GDT: #13 | Pens @ Oilers | Movember Madness Edition | 9PM Root/SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Dupuis, I don't even know what to say. His health and family need to come first. If he does in fact have another clot, he needs to retire. And even if it's not a clot, how many of these scares can he and his family handle?

I wonder if it's related to the travel, after all the flight to Vancouver was the farthest so far this year.

I will say that I am very happy that he acknowledged that something was wrong. One of my biggest fears with him coming back was that he was going to lie and hide symptoms.

StroShow

Dec 22, 2013
Vancouver
Eric Fehr on L1 With sid and horny

Fehr-Crosby-Hornqvist,
Perron-Malkin-Kessel,
Kunitz-Bonino-Bennett,
Plotnikov-Cullen-Sprong.

Last edited:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Dupuis, I don't even know what to say. His health and family need to come first. If he does in fact have another clot, he needs to retire. And even if it's not a clot, how many of these scares can he and his family handle?

I wonder if it's related to the travel, after all the flight to Vancouver was the farthest so far this year.

I will say that I am very happy that he acknowledged that something was wrong. One of my biggest fears with him coming back was that he was going to lie and hide symptoms.

A sad but true read on things. As a few others have suggested, if it's something again and not just a case of being overly careful, then you put him on LTIR a la Pronger and pay him out. What a shame.

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
A situation like Pronger does legitimately bother me. His career is clearly over, permanent career ending damage and now he's in the HOH and works for the NHL. He's damn well retired. Still give him his money, don't punish any team, but for the love of god he needs to be officially retired. It irks. :laugh:

Yeah. I don't blame him for not retiring (that's a lot of money to leave on the table), and so I don't blame teams for having him on LTIR. But there should really be a provision in the CBA for forced retirement due to injury, where the player can retire while still getting their money and the team doesn't have to incur a cap penalty.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Eric Fehr on L1 With sid and horny

Better than Dupuis/Kunitz. I like Fehr. He's played extremely well for us, but he still wouldn't be my choice for the first line. I'd much rather have a variety of skill sets on the lines, so for that reason I would swap Perron and Fehr's place in the lineup.

At least there's progress and Kunitz wasn't automatically put there.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Would have preferred to see Sprong get a shot, but trying Fehr there is far from a bad decision.

Anyone but Kunitz...anyone but Kunitz...

Seriously though, if it's not 14, then I hope to god that line puts up some goals. It might be our way out of this long nightmare.

StroShow

Dec 22, 2013
Vancouver
CTLFOvcWIAALOnU.jpg:large

TheSniper26

Oct 2, 2005
Youngstown
Even if it's not blood clot related, what kind of career is this anyway that every vague feeling results in a trip to the hospital and sitting out for lengthy stretches? I can't imagine this is the most rewarding way to continue playing. Why put himself and everyone he cares about through it? Also, if he's this consummate team guy, surely he must realize burden this is for the team. Just hang 'em up and accept the inevitable "_________ Developmental Coach" position that's coming his way.

I'm not saying all of this to seem cold or anything. Obviously I hope the guy is ok. This is just past the point of being a feel good story and deep into reckless/stupid territory now. Best case scenario: He's in and out of lineup playing as a fairly low impact player on a team that, let's face it, probably isn't winning anything meaningful this year. Worst case scenario: Well, I think that's pretty obvious... The risk/reward ratio just doesn't add up.

Last edited:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Is that what was said?

It's the word.

I still think you're best served by Perron-Sid-Horny and Fehr-Geno-Kessel, because you'd like a little more skill up there with Sid and Horny. I think Fehr can show you flashes of the skill, like Perron shows you flashes of the needed jam with Geno and Kessel, but whatever . . . at least it's Fehr and not Kunitz in the top six.

Ideally, MJ may rotate Fehr and Perron if score allows, but my fear is that if Fehr doesn't immediately click, then it will be Kunitz slotting up there (whether Perron-Geno-Kessel looks good or not).

Better than Dupuis/Kunitz. I like Fehr. He's played extremely well for us, but he still wouldn't be my choice for the first line. I'd much rather have a variety of skill sets on the lines, so for that reason I would swap Perron and Fehr's place in the lineup.

At least there's progress and Kunitz wasn't automatically put there.

Our seeing things similarly should concern you (and your shrink). :)

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
This could have been Sid vs McDavid.
Too bad about Duper, hope it is just precautionary.
Got a feeling Perron will have a good game.
Please try Fehr, Sprong, Plots, Perron, Bennett, anyone before #14.
I think we score 5 tonight.

Last edited:

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
So you're telling me MJ plays guys ahead of Kunitz? Nice.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
A sad but true read on things. As a few others have suggested, if it's something again and not just a case of being overly careful, then you put him on LTIR a la Pronger and pay him out. What a shame.

It is. I hope everything works out for the best, but this also has to be putting a lot of stress on the guys in the locker room right now. Has to be hard to concentrate on a game while your teammate and close friend is in the hospital.

TheSniper26

Oct 2, 2005
Youngstown
It's the word.

I still think you're best served by Perron-Sid-Horny and Fehr-Geno-Kessel, because you'd like a little more skill up there with Sid and Horny. I think Fehr can show you flashes of the skill, like Perron shows you flashes of the needed jam with Geno and Kessel, but whatever . . . at least it's Fehr and not Kunitz in the top six.

Ideally, MJ may rotate Fehr and Perron if score allows, but my fear is that if Fehr doesn't immediately click, then it will be Kunitz slotting up there (whether Perron-Geno-Kessel looks good or not).

I agree. I like Fehr's game with Geno-Kessel a little more. That said, if nothing else, I think the team finally has it's 4 best wingers all in the top 6. That's something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad