GDT: #13 | Pens @ Oilers | Movember Madness Edition | 9PM Root/SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
It must be at the point where he's become a distraction to the team. Stop being so ****ing selfish and just retire. I'm sure Billy G has a spot for him somewhere.

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
Yeah he needs to retire. This is getting ridiculous.

He's not going to retire with about $6.3-million left on his contract... that's too much money for anyone to leave on the table. The closest we'd get is pseudo-retirement like Pronger, where he just stays on LTIR until his contract is up.

Boocock

Feb 3, 2007
It must be at the point where he's become a distraction to the team. Stop being so ****ing selfish and just retire. I'm sure Billy G has a spot for him somewhere.
He'd be great for conditioning. Made a difference for Despres early in his career.

CrosbytoKessel

Jan 8, 2015
Sucks for Duper, He should just call it a career for the sake of his health and his family. Wonder who they'll put in his spot?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It's sad that Plotnikov has to sit and yet that piece of **** Kunitz is still in the line-up.

Someone hide his iron pills.

Edit: Nevermind, I guess Plots is in. Sad to hear Dupers in in the Hospital. It really sucks when bad things happen to good people, Dupers is good people.

Boocock

Feb 3, 2007
Sucks for Duper, Wonder who they'll put in his spot?

In the lineup? Plots.

On line 1?
tumblr_nsy1zx7YBF1txyx4lo1_1280.png

Saints11

Jan 24, 2012
Pittsburgh
The bottom line is that he is taking risks with his life. I know he wants to keep playing, but he is screwing with his family. Forced retirement is a *****, but, it certainly beats the alternative. They found a role for Gonch, I'm certain there is a role for Pascal.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Might be nothing. Maybe just over cautiousness coupled with Dupuis actually sharing his symptoms with the medical staff. But if it's heart or blood lot related, shut er down.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Yeah he needs to retire. This is getting ridiculous.

Yeah, I was scrolling down my timeline, saw that and it was like "oh jesus christ, he could die." That shouldn't be a reaction to hockey, but I'd wager it was fairly common.

May or may not be symptoms of a blood clot, but end the ****ing career.

He's not going to retire with about $7-million left on his contract...

LTIRetirement. Dupuis gets his money and the Pens get cap space with some inconvenience in the off season. The chances of a death drop dramatically, and not just by removing some stress for JR. Dupuis probably gets a sweet Pens job to add to his income.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Might be nothing. But if it's heart or blood lot related, shut er down

Dupuis should think retirement. He has nothing to prove to anyone and his passion for hockey be damned, he can't keep risking his health just to prolong his playing days. A guy like him, I am sure he can stick around the sport in some capacity.

I mean jeez, he has kids and a family, he should shut er down for good.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
You mean this isn't 2009, and Kunitz and Duper aren't as effective anymore? I don't know what to say.

Joking aside, hope Dupuis makes the right decision regarding his health.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah, I was scrolling down my timeline, saw that and it was like "oh jesus christ, he could die." That shouldn't be a reaction to hockey, but I'd wager it was fairly common.

May or may not be symptoms of a blood clot, but end the ****ing career.

LTIRetirement. Dupuis gets his money and the Pens get cap space with some inconvenience in the off season. The chances of a death drop dramatically, and not just by removing some stress for JR. Dupuis probably gets a sweet Pens job to add to his income.

LTIR is a good tool to use.

Speaking of LTIR...it cracks me up that Pronger is still on the books in the NHL for the Yotes but he's now being inducted into hall of fame. I mean even the NHL gig...jeez.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
LTIR is a good tool to use.

Speaking of LTIR...it cracks me up that Pronger is still on the books in the NHL for the Yotes but he's now being inducted into hall of fame. I mean even the NHL gig...jeez.

A situation like Pronger does legitimately bother me. His career is clearly over, permanent career ending damage and now he's in the HOH and works for the NHL. He's damn well retired. Still give him his money, don't punish any team, but for the love of god he needs to be officially retired. It irks. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad