GDT: #13|New York Islanders @ Ottawa Senators|November 1st |This Is The End| F S/O 5-4

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011
True, but all of our "D" is 21 or under.

Time to trade some of those shiny prospects for older players, then our team will be more balanced. We need some experiance, and more quality as well.

We can't just wait, and wait, and wait for our prospects to develop. We need some defence _now_.

Schwartzee

Mar 29, 2007
All I know, is regardless of outcomes of games; I'm not spending another dime on anything islanders nor returning to the coliseum until this team is fixed.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
What defensemen are available? What goaltenders?

Like it or not, this is the team we're going forward with. Luckily, it's still early in the season..... and this game isn't over yet either.

Shot of Bailey

Apr 9, 2013
PEI, Canada
Nothing wrong with the period, except nabby doesn't come up with the timely save. We outshoot them 18 - 9 and spent a lot of time in their end. We knew goaltending was going to be an issue, but I didn't think it would be this bad. Big 2nd, tie it 2-2.

Barz1

Oct 22, 2011
Anyone else notice that every team we play has a backup. Goalie that is better than Nabokov ?

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011
What defensemen are available? What goaltenders?

Like it or not, this is the team we're going forward with. Luckily, it's still early in the season..... and this game isn't over yet either.

We won't go forward with this team. We're heading backwards.

Space Herpe

Arch Duke of Raleigh
Aug 29, 2008
Nothing wrong with the period, except nabby doesn't come up with the timely save. We outshoot them 18 - 9 and spent a lot of time in their end. We knew goaltending was going to be an issue, but I didn't think it would be this bad. Big 2nd, tie it 2-2.

The same with the Nashville game.

The Isles were "in it" and then Nabby gave up two goals which shouldn't have been goals

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
I am giving Snow big props for the stipulation that we can keep our first this year. I hope they deliver on a goaltender for next season, and some defense men who can play defense better than clueless A Mac would be nice...

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
This team is designed like a Yugo..
When they don't play hard they get beaten
When they do play hard the lack skill and get beaten.

Playoffs? Playoffs? Really?? Seriously??:cry:

Hip Of Rick*

Snow Must Go!
Mar 17, 2007
Philadelphia
Yes and Poulin should be playing the majority of these games now. Nabokov is done.

Poulin is an AHL goalie and Nabby is a solid backup/ 1B. It all goes back to our backup goalie GM not being able to address team needs. Instead he wasted assets trading a one dimensional goal scorer for a one dimensional goal scorer.

Barz1

Oct 22, 2011
Watching that goal by mike smith and wondering if Nabokov would have made the save?

Bexlyspeed

May 21, 2011
Astoria, Queens, N.Y
this big trade by garth snow has done nothing but stopped our top 6 from scoring.
how could he not trade for a d man or at least a back up goalie?

this team is so mismanaged its not funny. we will never take the next step with snow.
unless its a waiver wire pick up he is really useless.

Drcrush

Jun 13, 2012

Stop beeing so discustingly positive.. 0-2 is a signal something is fundamentaly wrong with this team at the moment. It doesnt matter how many shots on goal you have when there is no edge to make it happen. When the defense on top of that are creepy bad you are bound to loose. I hate this team I hate My life.. Im gonna pour my wiskey in the sink and go to bed. Good night

Words Of Wisdom

Truth Speaker
Oct 20, 2011
Long Island.
Pretty much the rundown with the Islanders. We have maybe the worst defense in the NHL. Top 5 worst. Our alternate captain is regressing and playing awful. Nabokov and Poulin cannot have success with the defense in front of them, although, I don't even think it matters, they're both not that great, maybe Poulin, I have some hope in him but still.

It just kills me, the one thing this Islander team has? Offense and forwards who can make plays. But, of course, Capuano makes terrible lines and brings down their play as well. It's awful and this season is gonna be a disaster if something doesn't change soon.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Stop beeing so discustingly positive.. 0-2 is a signal something is fundamentaly wrong with this team at the moment. It doesnt matter how many shots on goal you have when there is no edge to make it happen. When the defense on top of that are creepy bad you are bound to loose. I hate this team I hate My life.. Im gonna pour my wiskey in the sink and go to bed. Good night

See ya later!

checknate

Aug 21, 2013
Long Island

:handclap: True fan right here!

Drcrush

Jun 13, 2012
Pretty much the rundown with the Islanders. We have maybe the worst defense in the NHL. Top 5 worst. Our alternate captain is regressing and playing awful. Nabokov and Poulin cannot have success with the defense in front of them, although, I don't even think it matters, they're both not that great, maybe Poulin, I have some hope in him but still.

It just kills me, the one thing this Islander team has? Offense and forwards who can make plays. But, of course, Capuano makes terrible lines and brings down their play as well. It's awful and this season is gonna be a disaster if something doesn't change soon.

We have the worst defense in the league dating back 10 yrs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad