Post-Game Talk: #13 | Flyers at Sharks | November 7, 2023 | Lost 2-1

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
What post game comments?

Not comments so much as "repeated syllable."

When asked if he found it difficult to take Frost back out of the lineup, he responded "No," very quickly, then shrugged, then said "No" again and was done. So he didn't say anything, but the exchange said a lot. Can't imagine a situation where Frost ISN'T done here.

Last edited:

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Not comments so much as "repeated syllable."

When asked if he found it difficult to take Frost back out of the lineup, he responded "No," very quickly, then shrugged, then said "No" again and was done. So he didn't say anything, but the exchange said a lot. Can't imagine a situation where Frost ISN'T done here.
A friend of mine has a kid that was a very good player . He played in the AHL and kept getting roles that did not suit his style of play . After 3-4 years of getting F around he jumped over seas . Over there he is allowed to play his game , and the confidence and the love for the game came back . He is the top player on his team now and is happy as hell . When I asked him if he would come back and play over here again he said hell would freeze over first .

I just don't understand why so many coaches over here and especially the older ones that think you have to have rolls and think you can take any player and have him change his game to fit that roll and expect him to be successful .

Vegas was build on players that were put into rolls on there teams but when they finally got out of there and were allowed to play there game on Vegas they took off . Tort's thinking is right in line with this thinking but you have to add in the asshole factor and that must be the key to team success .

Yes Frost needs to get the hell out of here cause with this coach he has no chance .

hockeynormy

Oct 21, 2023
I don’t know what was said to who but this is clearly not a Tortorella agenda. This is Briere and Jones too. If rumors are true that things got ugly during Frosts negotiations (whether it be the player himself or the agent) and that they asked for a trade then this could be the entire front office letting Frost know they are in control.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I don’t know what was said to who but this is clearly not a Tortorella agenda. This is Briere and Jones too. If rumors are true that things got ugly during Frosts negotiations (whether it be the player himself or the agent) and that they asked for a trade then this could be the entire front office letting Frost know they are in control.
Then that proves how petty and dumb they are.

If you are done with him , pump and dump him.

Sewering Hus value to prove how big your dick is so damn moronic.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
The "isn't this what you wanted" people negate the fact that we're playing plugs over good players. Turned down a first for Laughton. Have benched a legitimately fine player for no damn reason.

The kids, aside from Brink, have all regressed. And I don't think we owe Torts a damn thing for Brink. So... you want Cutter and Michkov with this coaching staff?

I once broke my collarbone and had to finish the remaining 30 seconds of a game that way... that was less painful than watching our Power Play.

This coaching staff doesn't deserve a job. That's not even really debatable.

Brink simply hasn't had time to regress. He does a lot of east -west playmaking and he will have Tortorella trying to develop that out of him. I hope he pulls a TK and ignores him.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

I'd expect nothing less out of the Clarke management tree. There are few, if any, teams who have done more self-harm to themselves over the years over players having the audacity to advocate for themselves. Who wars between management and players are a core value of this management group.

Reactions: Cody Webster

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
My gut feeling is Tortorella sits Frost next game. He used the "team is doing too well, no room!" excuse last time. Frost had 4 games of stifling defense, team best on-ice stats, and a plethora of high end passes -- only to be sat. The Flyers put up a pathetic effort against the worst team in 30 years. The "the "team is doing too well, no room!" excuse won't fly this time. But he has too much pride to admit a mistake, so he'll double down on his stubbornness to prove a point.
After having seen the "No, no" response from Tortorella, I have the strong feeling that he won't try to find reasons or excuses anymore. He has to know that not even the sycophants are buying a rationale and I doubt he cares.

I'd expect nothing less out of the Clarke management tree. There are few, if any, teams who have done more self-harm to themselves over the years over players having the audacity to advocate for themselves. Who wars between management and players are a core value of this management group.
... which is kind of ironic given the stories about how Tortorella has picked fights with players, looking for them to stand up to him.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Then that proves how petty and dumb they are.

If you are done with him , pump and dump him.

Sewering Hus value to prove how big your dick is so damn moronic.

Never forget Clarke being so butthurt about McCrimmon negotiating that he spite-traded him to Calgary to massively boost their Cup roster. Broke up the best D pair in franchise history out of pure ego. That management style is clearly alive and well.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
After having seen the "No, no" response from Tortorella, I have the strong feeling that he won't try to find reasons or excuses anymore. He has to know that not even the sycophants are buying a rationale and I doubt he cares.

Cult leaders usually don’t have to explain themselves. Their followers just accept it. Tortorella can tell Briere that Frost is not a core piece and doesn’t fit the culture, and it is what it is. No coach has more control in the league over their franchise, and he is exerting it. Just like he did all summer.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
I really don’t think this is the Org trying to send a message to Frost’s camp. I think it’s just simply Torts doesn’t like Frost and the rest of the org either 1) agrees or 2) don’t have the power to make Torts change.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
People are not angry at the result.

People are bothered by the incompetent process.

Why are we not trading Laughton when a team offers a 1st+?
Why are we scratching a 24 year old C when he has 60+ point upside?
Why are we spending 5 million on a 4th line during a "rebuild"?
Why are we adding a 36 year old LHD when we have 4 LHD already on the roster?
Why did we ever try and trade Sanheim for Krug? Screams awful future decisions.
Why did we hire a GM and POHO on the condition they keep the coach?
Why did we keep 3 goalies on the team for no reason instead of banking cap space?
Why is Lappy untouchable despite repeated failures?
Why is Rocky still employed when it's clear he has no clue about the PP?
Why are we not trading Laughton NOW to get Frost into the lineup? One move that helps the future in 2 ways( Frost playing and the picks from Laughton). Needed to be pointed out again how stupid it is.
because we arent tanking/rebuilding.

this Org. feels like its in the home stretch to compete.

How can you only blame the GM when his condition on getting hired, is that he won't fire Torts? He became their cuck to get the job. He will continue to be a cuck to keep that job.
#SameolOrange

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

Rich Nixon

Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Yeah, I read it very differently. To me this is Torts wagging his dick in two directions: Yes at the player, who he simply does not like, but just as much at Briere, to remind him that no one's actually in charge and he needs to keep His Guys and get rid of the Not His Guys.

I definitely do not think this is Torts, Briere and Jones all wagging their dicks at Frost. If there were that many dicks being wagged at him he'd be gone already.

Last edited:
Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

hockeynormy

Oct 21, 2023
Yeah, I read it very differently. To me this is Torts wagging his dick in two directions: Yes at the player, whiche simply does not like, but as much at Briere, to remind him that no one's actually in charge and he needs to keep His Guys and get rid of the Not His Guys.

I definitely do not think this is Torts, Briere and Jones all wagging their dicks at Frost. If there were that many dicks being wagged at him he'd be gone already.
Not if they don’t like the return. No pressure to move him.

Also, Giroux with a monster third period against Toronto this evening!

Last edited:
Reactions: Tripod

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
I wanted to comment on this yesterday, but I didn't have time.

I didn't put too much stock in that response from this post-game presser. His attitude during the whole post game presser was somewhat defeated, head down, kind of stumbling on words to say. He didn't rip the team like he's done in the past, but he clearly wasn't happy with their play or the outcome of the game. I don't think he really wanted to talk about Frost right then and there.

To be clear, I'm not saying you're wrong, and you could be 100% correct. He's going to get asked about it again either today (if there is media availability) or tomorrow's pre-game press conference. And unlike the previous press conferences, I think he's going to get a few more follow-up questions if he responds like that again.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Torts will be pulling the “I don’t want to see them and they probably don’t want to see me” card any day now so that he can watch the game from up top, oops, I mean the locker room on a TV.

My dude just can’t handle losses piling up. Emotional control of a toddler.

DAVIDE1333

Dec 22, 2019
Torts will be pulling the “I don’t want to see them and they probably don’t want to see me” card any day now so that he can watch the game from up top, oops, I mean the locker room on a TV.

My dude just can’t handle losses piling up. Emotional control of a toddler.
To be fair, I can't handle the losses piling up either, but at least it's not my fault.

Reactions: BernieParent

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Yeah, I read it very differently. To me this is Torts wagging his dick in two directions: Yes at the player, who he simply does not like, but just as much at Briere, to remind him that no one's actually in charge and he needs to keep His Guys and get rid of the Not His Guys.

Yup, Briere could easily waive Frost if he was totally done with him.

BernieParent

Mar 13, 2009
I wanted to comment on this yesterday, but I didn't have time.

I didn't put too much stock in that response from this post-game presser. His attitude during the whole post game presser was somewhat defeated, head down, kind of stumbling on words to say. He didn't rip the team like he's done in the past, but he clearly wasn't happy with their play or the outcome of the game. I don't think he really wanted to talk about Frost right then and there.

To be clear, I'm not saying you're wrong, and you could be 100% correct. He's going to get asked about it again either today (if there is media availability) or tomorrow's pre-game press conference. And unlike the previous press conferences, I think he's going to get a few more follow-up questions if he responds like that again.
Thanks for adding this context, Vlad. I agree with your perspective both that Tortorella was undoubtedly in a foul mood, which probably nullified an insightful response about Frost, but also that the beats are starting to speak out against his creation of Frost-gate.

Rich Nixon

Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Not if they don’t like the return. No pressure to move him.

Yup, Briere could easily waive Frost if he was totally done with him.

Right? If the entire front office was pissed at him based off the contract negotiations, then he wouldn't have a contract—he'd have been traded in the offseason. He signed, had a very impressive preseason, played two mediocre games and became the 13th forward instantly. If there's something we don't know then there's something we don't know, though.

BernieParent

Mar 13, 2009
Just in general, what f***ing PP? While the Blues PP is unsustainably bad, the Flyers have not fixed this problem for the last 3 years and it seems there will be no end is sight.
Does anyone have insight into the Flyers' practices and whether they have deigned to actually work on PP formations? Or is it like the shootout and the coaches leave it to the players to figure out? Tortorella's comment about getting the puck to the net (or something like that) wasn't consistent with where players are positioned.

Reactions: Rich Nixon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad