13-14 HFBoards Yahoo Fantasy Premier Keeper League Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRDragon

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
I did as soon as CRD PMed me. Someone could have done that earlier and I wouldn't have had 2 IR guys on the roster for a week.

When we first noticed the problem, we had to monitor to see if you were going to make changes during the week using IR. We can't just come out of the blue saying you didn't put players on IR, cause that wouldn't prove "inactivity" or "improper setting of lineup".

Last edited:

parabola

BOlieve dat
Jul 8, 2004
ಠ_ಠ
When we first noticed the problem, we had to monitor to see if you were going to make changes during the week using IR. We can't just come out of the blue saying you didn't put players on IR, cause that wouldn't prove "inactivity" or "improper setting of lineup".

"Hey you know we have 3 IR spots right?"

My response, "no."

Could have used a heads up is all I'm saying. You guys should know I'm not trying to cheat. I even posted when I forgot to set lines so you knew I wasn't trying to tank.

CRDragon

Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver

My response, "no."

Could have used a heads up is all I'm saying. You guys should know I'm not trying to cheat. I even posted when I forgot to set lines so you knew I wasn't trying to tank.

I don't if I'm too harsh, but "How could you not check for yourself at the beginning of the season or when you joined the league?" In that case you would know we have 2 IR spots. We've had 2 IR spots since the inaugural season.

And as a requirement in the league you are suppose to keep up with the boards, thus you should also have read about adding an IR+ spot.

If you want a heads up, the official warning will be one.

1. The amount of IR spots can easily be found in http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey/2126/settings since the start of your GM career in our league.
2. IR+ addition should have been noted with reasonable reading activity in the boards.
3. CCF's reminder about making use of the IR properly should have been noted as well.
4. You could have even tried to place an injured reserve player on IR to see what happens and see if Yahoo allowed it.....even that alone could have told you you have two spot. (Why not even try? If you "didn't" even know how many IR spots there were.)

CCF23

Jul 11, 2008
Richmond, BC
...and really, a warning isn't a big deal unless the same stuff keeps happening beyond that.

You're not going to get penalized unless you have IR eligible players sitting on your bench for an unreasonable amount of time (a couple days is one thing, 4-7 or more is when it starts to become unreasonable).

BrockH

Nov 12, 2008
Toronto, ON

My response, "no."

Seriously, the league is a bit stricter about lineups than I would like, but you're just being ridiculous. You're complaining that the commissioners warned you instead of reading the rules to you? I can't help but wonder if you're deliberately trolling us at this point.

parabola

BOlieve dat
Jul 8, 2004
ಠ_ಠ
I just hate getting a warning over something i legitimately didn't know about. If I was trying to cheat or something I wouldn't have an excuse. But I wasn't.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
The official warning is only relevant if you plan to continue not putting guys on IR. It doesn't relate to any other transgressions or issues.

To me it makes sense because, honestly, it would be hard for anyone to imagine that you're not aware of the IR rules. I believe you when you say that you weren't but it would've been hard for anyone to imagine that. For one, when you drag guys around, additional IR spots appear. Two, we posted about the IR+ spot in this very thread. While you might've not been around at the time, it's very unlikely that any of us would know or notice that.

CCF23

Jul 11, 2008
Richmond, BC
The official warning is only relevant if you plan to continue not putting guys on IR. It doesn't relate to any other transgressions or issues.

To me it makes sense because, honestly, it would be hard for anyone to imagine that you're not aware of the IR rules. I believe you when you say that you weren't but it would've been hard for anyone to imagine that. For one, when you drag guys around, additional IR spots appear. Two, we posted about the IR+ spot in this very thread. While you might've not been around at the time, it's very unlikely that any of us would know or notice that.

Bingo, bango, bongo.

parabola

BOlieve dat
Jul 8, 2004
ಠ_ಠ
I assumed for some reason when those spots appeared it wouldn't let me place them there.

I have no idea why.

Canucksrock

Feb 4, 2005
Caledon
Hey guys I know I have been a bit of a ghost, my apologies.

I am interested in rookie keepers and would be willing to move just about anyone for the right one (or two).

Jeff Carter can play every forward spot and is playing very well recently. I have had a couple offers for him and would like to see if anyone else is interested.

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Josh Gibson was just called up by the Ducks (about an hour ago) so I grabbed him off waivers.

I understand that I didn't draft him so he isn't part of my starting roster.

My question is: If he plays a few games (and probably shuts out Vancouver on Wednesday) and then is sent back down to the AHL can I still retain his rights?

Essentially, if he gets sent down can I stash him as I'm fairly sure that it's illegal to have a "NA" on your roster and I sure as hell am trying to be competitive and makes the playoffs. I wouldn't want to lose fantasy points.

And i'll obviously post the stash rule:
Each manager may ‘stash’ up to two rookies at any point in time. In order to qualify for the stash rookies must have less than 41 career games played, and must have been drafted (in that season or a prior season). A manager can place a rookie in their stash by announcing it in the thread and then dropping that player. Once a rookie has reached 41 career games played their manager has 2 weeks to decide if they are picking them up. If they remain off the active roster 2 weeks after the 41st game played, then they become ineligible to be picked up for the duration of the season. The managing team retains their rights as though they were on their active roster, but a keeper spot will be needed if they’re to retain them beyond that season.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Josh Gibson was just called up by the Ducks (about an hour ago) so I grabbed him off waivers.

My question is: If he plays a few games (and probably shuts out Vancouver on Wednesday) and then is sent back down to the AHL can I still retain his rights?

Essentially, if he gets sent down can I stash him as I'm fairly sure that it's illegal to have a "NA" on your roster and I sure as hell am trying to be competitive and makes the playoffs. I wouldn't want to lose fantasy points.

My understanding is you have to draft a player before you can stash them. I wanted to do the same thing with Lehner (who I spent a keeper spot on)

By the way, I'm a little jelly. I was eyeing Gibson too but he's still two or three years from being anything and his decline in the AHL is worrisome.

Last edited:

CRDragon

Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
This is a similar case to Jones who's in parabola's roster. There is confirmed news of Gibson being called up, so he is fair game to be picked up. There are no requirements to have to drop a player that is going to be sent down to the AHL. The fact that he was undrafted in our league, he is ineligible for stashing. So if you want to retain his rights, he will have to stay in your roster.

CCF23

Jul 11, 2008
Richmond, BC

He's no Jonathan Bernier, that's for sure.

:naughty:

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
This is a similar case to Jones who's in parabola's roster. There is confirmed news of Gibson being called up, so he is fair game to be picked up. There are no requirements to have to drop a player that is going to be sent down to the AHL. The fact that he was undrafted in our league, he is ineligible for stashing. So if you want to retain his rights, he will have to stay in your roster.
Isn't it against the rules to have a NA player on your roster the whole season as it's seen as a form of tanking?

CRDragon

Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
Isn't it against the rules to have a NA player on your roster the whole season as it's seen as a form of tanking?

Nothing was done when CCF held onto Markstrom, his intention was definitely not tanking at all because he kept him all season. However, if it is done midseason and you are not likely to make the playoffs and holding onto an NA player, then you have a point.

We will need further discussions on this as a league.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
I like Hedman a lot, I'm skeptical of Huberdeau but admittedly I don't know him as a player very well. Also you're making fun of Bernier? That kid has huge potential. If I didn't have two great young starters, I would be all over Bernier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad