13-14 HFBoards Yahoo Fantasy Premier Keeper League Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

parabola

BOlieve dat
Jul 8, 2004
ಠ_ಠ
CR's win was well deserved.

How? My players were better... He had no decisions to make as far as who to start except for Saturday. I had to bench key players on 3 days this week, and made wrong decisions which is part of hockey pools but it's so much easier when you don't have to make that decision and can start everyone.

I also blame Luongo. Gift wrapping championships to people since 2011...

CRDragon

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
Season Awards
Points: 1st place vote = 5 pts, 2nd place vote = 3 pts, 3rd place vote = 1 pt

Most Valuable Player:
1st - Sidney Crosby - 4-0-1 - 21 pts
2nd - Patrick Kane - 2-1-1 - 14 pts
3rd - John Tavares - 0-2-1 - 7 pts

Rookie of the Year:
1st - Nazem Kadri - 5-0-0 - 25 pts
2nd - Braden Holtby - 0-3-1 - 10 pts
3rd - Jonathan Huberdeau - 1-1-1 - 9 pts

Defenseman of the Year:
1st - PK Subban - 5-1-0 - 28pts
2nd - Ryan Suter - 1-1-2 - 10 pts
3rd - Kris Letang - 1-1-1 - 9pts

Goaltender of the Year:
1st - Sergei Bobrovsky - 5-0-1 - 26 pts
2nd - Craig Anderson - 1-2-1 - 12 pts
3rd - Henrik Lundqvist - 1-2-0 - 11 pts

Most Underrated Player:
1st - PA Parenteau - 2-0-2 - 12 pts
T-2nd - Jiri Tlusty - 1-1-0 - 8 pts
T-2nd - James Reimer 1-1-0 - 8 pts

Most Improved Player:
1st - Sergei Bobrovsky - 2-2-1 - 17 pts
2nd - Jiri Tlusty - 3-0-1 - 16 pts
3rd - Jakub Voracek - 0-3-0 - 9 pts

Manager of the Year:
1st - Canucksrock - 2-2-0 - 16 pts
T-2nd - Tiranis - 2-1-1 - 14 pts
T-2nd - BrockH - 2-1-1 - 14 pts
4th - CCF23 - 1-1-1 - 9 pts
5th - Parabola - 0-1-1 - 4 pts
6th - Red Light Mosquito - 0-0-2 2 pts

Last edited:

parabola

BOlieve dat
Jul 8, 2004
ಠ_ಠ
No respect... I made at least 12 moves less than anyone else in the playoffs and finished SECOND for the 2nd straight year. Clearly managed my team better than anyone else.

CRDragon

Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
How? My players were better... He had no decisions to make as far as who to start except for Saturday. I had to bench key players on 3 days this week, and made wrong decisions which is part of hockey pools but it's so much easier when you don't have to make that decision and can start everyone.

I also blame Luongo. Gift wrapping championships to people since 2011...

All I will tell you is, you being status quo at the trade deadline may have cost you the championship.

I don't blame you for being bitter but I would be bitter at myself too if I hadnt made any moves to improve my team when there are holes that could be improved upon. I know you want to win the championship with as little moves as possible...but the lack of trying harder to win is the difference.

Seriously, the series is a lot closer than you give yourself credit for. (referring to your comments made the first couple days of the matchup)

CRDragon

Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
It's a popularity contest and barely anyone voted. I didn even nominate players this year because it seemed like too much work.... Haha

To be honest, I was disappointed at the vote numbers.

10 GMs nominated players
7 GMs decided to vote (thanks to all who did)

Anyways, what done is done. Congratz to the winners.

The record book and full vote result will be up in a few minutes.

parabola

BOlieve dat
Jul 8, 2004
ಠ_ಠ
I didn't need to make any moves though. I only lost because of the randomness of hockey pools and the fact its even MORE random during the last week. And the fact CR had a better schedule.

No one really offered me anything worth it anyways. Everyone wanted Lundqvist. And I wasn't going to give up Luongo for junk.

CRDragon

Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
I didn't need to make any moves though. I only lost because of the randomness of hockey pools and the fact its even MORE random during the last week. And the fact CR had a better schedule.

No one really offered me anything worth it anyways. Everyone wanted Lundqvist. And I wasn't going to give up Luongo for junk.

Did you try to find a way to improve your team somehow? Even if you don't think you need to improve your team....sometimes you can find a gem of a trade if you look around. Being proactive. You mention that no one really offered you anything worth it...but did you try to offering a trade that may help you? The trade market certainly was a buyers market the past two seasons....

parabola

BOlieve dat
Jul 8, 2004
ಠ_ಠ
Did you try to find a way to improve your team somehow? Even if you don't think you need to improve your team....sometimes you can find a gem of a trade if you look around. Being proactive.

I lost by 2 PPP (with 1 being an assist) ... Or if Luongo let in one less goal. My team was great. And I still have all my draft picks.

I should have won. I had by far the best season.

That said, CR did awesome... Cant believe the run he had to get to the finals.

CRDragon

Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
I lost by 2 PPP (with 1 being an assist) ... Or if Luongo let in one less goal. My team was great. And I still have all my draft picks.

Ok, if you say so. You were unlucky again.
I think you can still pray for a miracle...the results aren't exactly official, but the stats correction does not list any changes to your team or CR's team yet.

CRDragon

Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
The record book has been updated.

It's been a short and fun season once again! Enjoy the NHL playoffs!

Please remember that we'll be holding the draft lottery in a couple of days....as well as discussion several rule addition/changes during this time as well. Your inputs will be valuable and we would love to hear addition suggestions to make our league better and funner than the rest!

In addition to the above, another league requirement, from the CBA, this year is to have an election of commissioners and tribunal. It is required to elect commissioners and tribunals once every two seasons. We should get to that as soon as possible. Thanks for everyone's cooperation.

Attachments

• Yahoo Fantasy Hockey Premier League Record Book.xlsx
    39.7 KB · Views: 3

Canucksrock

Feb 4, 2005
Caledon
Thanks everyone for a great season, didn't expect to win the this year - but a magnificent run and some good match ups helped me in the playoffs. Congratulations parabola on a second straight year in the finals, hopefully I can match that next year!

ubiquitous

*shink*
Aug 19, 2008
Prince George, BC
To be honest, I was disappointed at the vote numbers.

10 GMs nominated players
7 GMs decided to vote (thanks to all who did)

Anyways, what done is done. Congratz to the winners.

The record book and full vote result will be up in a few minutes.

You rushed the award process and once I missed nominations I had zero interest in voting.

BrockH

Nov 12, 2008
Toronto, ON

Are you kidding me? You had by far the best season and would have won if not for randomness (aka luck)? If we take our season averages and apply them to the playoff matchups you don't even get past me in the second round. The only reason you made the finals was because you were lucky enough to face me while Neil, Karlsson, and Crosby were all injured, and on top of that my goaltending had one of the worst weeks of their year. How well do you think you would do without Lundqvist, Parise, and Moulson (not that that package is comparable, but no 3 player set on your team would be).

Don't talk to me about luck.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Are you kidding me? You had by far the best season and would have won if not for randomness (aka luck)? If we take our season averages and apply them to the playoff matchups you don't even get past me in the second round. The only reason you made the finals was because you were lucky enough to face me while Neil, Karlsson, and Crosby were all injured, and on top of that my goaltending had one of the worst weeks of their year. How well do you think you would do without Lundqvist, Parise, and Moulson (not that that package is comparable, but no 3 player set on your team would be).

Don't talk to me about luck.

popcorn.gif

BrockH

Nov 12, 2008
Toronto, ON
By the way, you want to talk about someone who got screwed by the randomness of an H2H league, it's Balls. Here's the roto standings through the end of our regular season:
Team Name Total
Balls To The Wall 83
Tiranis 80
parabola 79
Canucksrock 75
BrockH 73
JannikAtTheDisco 72
Rattleshirt 71
CCF23 65
Liquid Snake 53
ubiquitous 52
EV's Allstars 41