13-14 HFBoards Yahoo Fantasy Premier Keeper League Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCF23

Jul 11, 2008
Richmond, BC
I like Hedman a lot, I'm skeptical of Huberdeau but admittedly I don't know him as a player very well. Also you're making fun of Bernier? That kid has huge potential. If I didn't have two great young starters, I would be all over Bernier.

I'm not making fun of Bernier...

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Goaltending has been so varied this year. With Luongo starting to really show his age, Lundqvist falling apart and a bunch of young goalies emerging it's been hard to predict the market and trends. I'm not even sure who would be on my top ten list or top five goalie prospects right now.

CCF23

Jul 11, 2008
Richmond, BC
Goaltending has been so varied this year. With Luongo starting to really show his age, Lundqvist falling apart and a bunch of young goalies emerging it's been hard to predict the market and trends. I'm not even sure who would be on my top ten list or top five goalie prospects right now.

Luongo has been exactly what you'd expect from Luongo. He has just faced a couple nagging injuries.

Balls Mahoney

Aug 14, 2008
Legend
I mean, he has a .922 SV% and a 2.23 GAA. He's right around where he always is numbers wise.

I think he's a major product of this system and injury prone. I think he would look real human on any other team. Suppose Luongo left the team tomorrow, I don't think this team would miss a beat with Lack in net. Couple that with he's approaching his late 30s and he's injury prone now. Meh...

I'm really interested in Tampa Bay and to see if Bishop is for real.

I'm really irritated that I gave up Varlamov too, he's playing exactly how I thought he would but I had four great goalies and he got the short end of the stick.

I'm not even sure what goaltending prospects I should be paying attention to. I think Lehner is the only sure bet right now. Watching Markstrom sputter has been interesting.

Balls Mahoney

Aug 14, 2008
Legend
You're wrong about Luongo, Balls, but I have no interest in getting into it with you. You're just wrong.

Don't get me wrong, I love Luongo he's one of my favorite players in the league. And I'm not trying to lightly troll like I do once in awhile for laughs and to get the league talking again. But you look how human Schneider looks this year in New Jersey and how Lack has nearly identical stats to Luongo. I really think the Vancouver system is underrated.

Also we've watched Luongo physically decline and degrade a lot since he's got here. He's much slower and not near as good laterally as he once was.

He's a good goaltender but I think somewhere around average now.

CCF23

Jul 11, 2008
Richmond, BC
...............Schneider has a 2.02GAA

Are you assuming because the Devils suck that Schneider has been bad? Go ask Devils fans what they think of him. You'll hear nothing but good things.

Balls Mahoney

Aug 14, 2008
Legend
...............Schneider has a 2.02GAA

Are you assuming because the Devils suck that Schneider has been bad? Go ask Devils fans what they think of him. You'll hear nothing but good things.

Schneider definitely has had hiccups through the first half of the season. Granted it's taken him awhile to get adjusted to a new team and a new conference. But there's still questions facing him on whether he can carry a team or not. I'm not talking down on him, he's obviously a better goaltender than Luongo. But he has a pretty poor win-loss record (which I get is because of run support) and a decent but not excellent save percentage. But you can't deny he didn't look way better here.

CCF23

Jul 11, 2008
Richmond, BC
Schneider definitely has had hiccups through the first half of the season. Granted it's taken him awhile to get adjusted to a new team and a new conference. But there's still questions facing him on whether he can carry a team or not. I'm not talking down on him, he's obviously a better goaltender than Luongo. But he has a pretty poor win-loss record (which I get is because of run support) and a decent but not excellent save percentage. But you can't deny he didn't look way better here.

Of course he looked better here. We're a team that's miles better than the Devils.

Sometimes the things you say literally boggle my mind.

Balls Mahoney

Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Of course he looked better here. We're a team that's miles better than the Devils.

Sometimes the things you say literally boggle my mind.

You have to think long-term man. Luongo likely will be on a different team in a year or two or drastically in decline or injury plagued. The Panthers will likely go for him this off-season. Imagine how much he's going to fall apart on a team like that.

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Schneider hasn't looked great this season. Most of it is attributed to never getting into a rhythm with fat Marty there as well as run support. They don't score nearly enough with him in net.

Really hoping he walks in free agency and goes to another team.

Eddie Vedder

Sep 8, 2003
I am happy to get hubes for a nonkeeper

He's happy to get a d keeper

Everyone wins.

McKinnon yak city and hubes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad