13-14 Around the League: Massive Scoreboard Shaking Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheThrill81*

Oh dear, Avs are collapsing. Ducks score 3 goals in 1:53 to take a 4-2 lead.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Defensive stalwart ROR, looks incredible tonight. has he been on the ice for every ANA goal?

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
.... why won't these teams lose, for crying out loud - okay here we go

Atlantic
Boston: 93 points
Toronto: 80 points
Tampa: 77 points [2 GIH]

Metropolitan
Pittsburgh: 92 points [1 GIH on Boston]
Columbus: 74 points [2 GIH]
NY Rangers: 74 points [1 GIH]

----------------------------------
Wild Card 1: Montreal: 77 Points [1 GIH]
Wild Card 2: Philadelphia: 73 points [3 GIH]

Chasing
Detroit: 73 Points [2 GIH]
Washington: 72 points
New Jersey: 71 points [2 GIH]
Ottawa: 68 points [3 GIH]
Carolina 67 points [2 GIH]

-------------------------------

Tomorrow's Schedule

Pittsburgh @ Philadelphia
Carolina @ Boston [we want Pittsburgh to have Home Ice Advantage]
Ottawa @ Montreal [in regulation]
New Jersey @ Tampa Bay [in regulation]
Buffalo @ NY Islanders
St Louis @ Nashville
Columbus @ Minnesota
Calgary @ Phoenix
Anaheim @ Los Angeles

TheThrill81*

Defensive stalwart ROR, looks incredible tonight. has he been on the ice for every ANA goal?

I would not be opposed to someone making a trade proposal thread for ROR, citing his "spectacular" shutdown prowess in tonight's game. Avs fans would have a stroke.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
As expected bad night on the board... Oh well, would have been nice to see more upsets but with NJ losing that puts on more team back of the Leafs

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
.... why won't these teams lose, for crying out loud - okay here we go

Atlantic
Boston: 93 points
Toronto: 80 points
Tampa: 77 points [2 GIH]

Metropolitan
Pittsburgh: 92 points [1 GIH on Boston]
Columbus: 74 points [2 GIH]
NY Rangers: 74 points [1 GIH]

Wild Card 1: Montreal: 77 Points [1 GIH]
Wild Card 2: Philadelphia: 73 points [3 GIH]

Chasing
Detroit: 73 Points [2 GIH]
Washington: 72 points
New Jersey: 71 points [2 GIH]
Ottawa: 68 points [3 GIH]
Carolina 67 points [2 GIH]

-------------------------------

Tomorrow's Schedule

Pittsburgh @ Philadelphia
Carolina @ Boston [we want Pittsburgh to have Home Ice Advantage]
Ottawa @ Montreal [in regulation]
New Jersey @ Tampa Bay [in regulation]
Buffalo @ NY Islanders
St Louis @ Nashville
Columbus @ Minnesota
Calgary @ Phoenix
Anaheim @ Los Angeles

So Florida was the only team to come through today. Tomorrow's schedule looks brutal. Pittsburgh and possibly Minny are the two that I have the most hope in but it's little consolation because it's Ottawa and NJ that I really want to win tomorrow.

What do you mean we want Pens to have home ice advantage?

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
So Florida was the only team to come through today. Tomorrow's schedule looks brutal. Pittsburgh and possibly Minny are the two that I have the most hope in but it's little consolation because it's Ottawa and NJ that I really want to win tomorrow.

What do you mean we want Pens to have home ice advantage?

Hm. maybe not the Penguins
i'm just thinking how it behooves us who wins the conference - Boston, or Pittsburgh. I'm thinking it would be Pittsburgh, right?

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Hm. maybe not the Penguins
i'm just thinking how it behooves us who wins the conference - Boston, or Pittsburgh. I'm thinking it would be Pittsburgh, right?

Home ice advantage between Boston and Pittsburgh only matters if they face each other. If they both win their divisions, they will be guaranteed home ice advantage in every round except if they both make it to the ECF in which case it won't matter to us because that means the Leafs have been eliminated.

Who wins the conference would impact the Leafs if they were to make it past the first round. A Boston conference win and Leafs finishing 3rd would mean that the Leafs wouldn't have to face Boston unless both teams made it to the ECF.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Home ice advantage between Boston and Pittsburgh only matters if they face each other. If they both win their divisions, they will be guaranteed home ice advantage in every round except if they both make it to the ECF in which case it won't matter to us because that means the Leafs have been eliminated.

Who wins the conference would impact the Leafs if they were to make it past the first round. A Boston conference win and Leafs finishing 3rd would mean that the Leafs wouldn't have to face Boston unless both teams made it to the ECF.

thank God someone gets this. :laugh:
okay so then we want BOSTON to win the Conference. ;) because we're meeting them in the ECF.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
thank God someone gets this. :laugh:
okay so then we want BOSTON to win the Conference. ;) because we're meeting them in the ECF.

Forget what I just said :laugh: I just learned that divisional match ups in the playoffs happen for TWO rounds, not one. If the Leafs were to finish 3rd, they'd face Tampa and if they beat Tampa, they'd get the winner of the Boston/Philly series. Only way to ensure we meet Boston in the ECF is if we fall into a WC spot and have to cross over into the Metro division meaning we'd HAVE To go through Pittsburgh first. I hate this new set up, lol.

TheThrill81*

Forget what I just said :laugh: I just learned that divisional match ups in the playoffs happen for TWO rounds, not one. If the Leafs were to finish 3rd, they'd face Tampa and if they beat Tampa, they'd get the winner of the Boston/Philly series. Only way to ensure we meet Boston in the ECF is if we fall into a WC spot and have to cross over into the Metro division meaning we'd HAVE To go through Pittsburgh first. I hate this new set up, lol.

This is your brain:

Human-brain-on-a-plate-007.jpg

This is your brain trying to understand the new playoff format:

melted-brain.jpg

RaskY

GLG
Dec 26, 2011

It's possible that three of the four teams that will advance to the 2nd round can be from the same division.

Example of the 1st round if playoffs started today:
Boston vs. Philadelphia
Pittsburgh vs. Montreal
Toronto vs. Tampa Bay
New York vs. Columbus
Let's say the teams that are bolded have won their 1st round series. This makes 100% divisional match-ups in the 2nd round impossible, since New York would have to play an Atlantic division team.

From my understanding, if this scenario were to arise, Boston would be matched up vs. Montreal as a result of seeding. Since Boston would be the highest seed, and Montreal the lowest, they would square up. Leaving Toronto to play New York.

Instead of what you said,
If the Leafs were to finish 3rd, they'd face Tampa and if they beat Tampa, they'd get the winner of the Boston/Philly series. Only way to ensure we meet Boston in the ECF is if we fall into a WC spot and have to cross over into the Metro division meaning we'd HAVE To go through Pittsburgh first.

Which in my case would mean Toronto vs. Boston in the 2nd round, and Montreal vs. New York. But this can't be right, because that would mean the two highest seeds playing each-other and the two lowest seeds playing each-other in the 2nd round.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad