Not open for further replies.

TML FTW*

Lack, not Luongo, will be starting the Heritage Classic tomorrow :biglaugh:

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Lack, not Luongo, will be starting the Heritage Classic tomorrow :biglaugh:

are you kidding?!
holy smokes... and this is with Torts saying how he's cheering for Sweden because Luongo wasn't getting a chance in Sochi.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Meh. Lack has been the better goalie and they need the points. Its not an exhibition game

A tale of 2 organizations:
NJ needed the points as well. Schneider has been the better goalie, NJ starts Brodeur in the outdoor game.
Vancouver gives every reporter an article to write to cause drama.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
A tale of 2 organizations:
NJ needed the points as well. Schneider has been the better goalie, NJ starts Brodeur in the outdoor game.
Vancouver gives every reporter an article to write to cause drama.

Should it matter who starts for a spectacle like the outdoor classic? 2 points are 2 points and that's all that should matter.

If the Canucks were to miss the playoffs by 2 points, then they will get the questions about Tortorella not starting Lack when he was on a roll. So if its not one thing, then it's another. You have to play the lineup which gives you the best chance to win.

It would be like saying an outdoor game played in Winnipeg and saying that Reimer should start if the Leafs were in the thick of a playoff hunt. Would that be the best case?

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Should it matter who starts for a spectacle like the outdoor classic? 2 points are 2 points and that's all that should matter.

If the Canucks were to miss the playoffs by 2 points, then they will get the questions about Tortorella not starting Lack when he was on a roll. So if its not one thing, then it's another. You have to play the lineup which gives you the best chance to win.

It would be like saying an outdoor game played in Winnipeg and saying that Reimer should start if the Leafs were in the thick of a playoff hunt. Would that be the best case?

I think if they miss the playoffs by 2 points I'd look more at the 7 game losing streak and the fact that this team can't beat any team in California as the problem over 1 winter classic.
It does matter, this team was filled with the Luongo drama last year and was quickly erased from the playoffs in 4 games. They have bigger problems than Luongo but allow them to go on. Lu is unhappy, true or false Kesler wants out of Vancouver, management created this problem and it carries on. Winning is important but players are also human beings, are you killing morale which will lead to more losses vs. 1 game?

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
3 point game between Flyers and Caps..

I don't even bother looking at scoreboards anymore. All games are more than likely going to OT or SO from here on.

Teams no longer play to win, they play to get that point and then see if they can win.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
As much as I wanted the Canucks to win for standings reasons, I just hate them with such a fiery passion that I am happy with this result. :laugh:

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Ottawa 7 points back with a game in hand. At least the Sharks beat the Devils. WAS-PHI was a three pointer.

We need COL to beat TBL tonight.

mikebel111*

Now i like lack but come on
This is Loungo. Joke of an organization

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad