13-14 Around the League III: Vanek to NYI

• Thread starter Penalty Kill Icing*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Justin Schultz is terrible defensively..he's very smart in the offensive zone but absolutely dirt in the defensive zone.

MAB type player with better offensive skill.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Paul Ranger would probably be the Oilers 2nd best Defencemen to Ference on the Oilers. That's the quality of Defence the Oilers have. If Leafs are having discussions with Mac T I don't see anything on their roster that we would be interested in that isn't untouchable.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Ovi scores.. and there goes my chance for tonight's hattrick. :(

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Oilers have not given up their penchant for loose hockey, Eakins has a bigger job than he probably bargained for.

Giveaways by Oilers a norm.

I don't think this was the job Eakins should have taken quite frankly.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Oilers should change the name of their show.

It's not an Oil Change...it should be Engine Change.

Engine sucks...even the best quality oil isn't helping that engine.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Where are all the tanking fanboys now? The only time I'd ever want the Leafs to lose is if we had no chance at the playoffs.

Burke >>>> Oilers.

Flames will be better than the Oilers in a matter of 2 years...without tanking.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Hmmm.. Grabovski's team convincingly leading 4-1 against Oilers. Bozak's team barely managed to pull a W against the same team Saturday.

Grabovski > Bozak.

(P.S.: I don't believe in the dumbness of this post. Just that someone on this board used this logic to say that Caps lose because of Grabovski. :laugh:)

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
The oils are a mission to take on, but I think by the end of the season they'll look like a much different team.

Give it some time to adjust to Eakins' style. Its a new style and Eakins is still a rookie coach. It'll take a while for them to figure their **** out.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
One timer between the dots...after the 4-1 goal. No goalie is helping that team.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I don't think this was the job Eakins should have taken quite frankly.

I'm afraid his rope is not going to be too long. Hope he gets a fair chance but this team looks like a lotto team again. Brutal defence, brutal team concept. Don't see anything tonight and they are not playing a powerhouse in the Caps.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I'm afraid his rope is not going to be too long. Hope he gets a fair chance but this team looks like a lotto team again. Brutal defence, brutal team concept. Don't see anything tonight and they are not playing a powerhouse in the Caps.

well as much as people were crapping on Dubnyk, at least he didn't give up what? 3 goals on 3 shots or something crazy like that.

I just mean - hasn't there been a new coach in edmonton every year? regardless of the system or whatever - it's clearly not working there. At least here we had some hope before we totally bottomed out (and that's mostly because the COACH had no system we had some pieces to at least make the playoffs).

(I wonder if Clarkson is thanking his lucky star that he chose Toronto over Edmonton).

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto

They fired Renney and thought it would change.
They fired Krueger and thought it would be different.

You can't fire Eakins. Coaching isn't the problem.

At this point, if I was Kevin Lowe, I would be sending a "I am sorry" card to Renney and Krueger.

Losing has been instilled into these young players...they float, they don't try in the defensive zone and have 6 million dollar contracts.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Justin Schultz is terrible defensively..he's very smart in the offensive zone but absolutely dirt in the defensive zone.

MAB type player with better offensive skill.

He doesn't look good tonight and against us. When I think of the hype surrounding him last year, it is disappointing. I think he is better than this, the whole team is bad tonight.

Kbs

Jun 30, 2008
London ON
I don't know why I've been enjoying these Oilers losses so much. I think it dates back a couple years ago to when the main board seemed to be in agreement that the Oilers were building a team the right way and the Leafs will continue to be mediocre.

It sucks that Eakins is a part of that mess now though.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
well as much as people were crapping on Dubnyk, at least he didn't give up what? 3 goals on 3 shots or something crazy like that.

I just mean - hasn't there been a new coach in edmonton every year? regardless of the system or whatever - it's clearly not working there. At least here we had some hope before we totally bottomed out (and that's mostly because the COACH had no system we had some pieces to at least make the playoffs).

(I wonder if Clarkson is thanking his lucky star that he chose Toronto over Edmonton).

Definite yes to the bolded. Yakupov is wishing he was picked by Columbus now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad