13-14 Around the League II: Lots of Teams are @ Best Starts. Then there's NJD/BUF/FLA

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
It is called net presence, going in front and tipping shots.

It's a skill not everyone has, heck Leafs are paying someone 5.25 for max term because he'll stand in front of the net and drop the gloves, while having a career high of 46 points.

Net presence, This goal was almost like 2 of Grabo's goals last night.

Sorry couldn't resist.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Net presence is what JVR and Lupul do on the PP. Or what Kulemin did on the Phaneuf goal last night.

Hanging by the net and then putting your stick in the way of the shot doesn't make it net presence. They were nice tips obviously, but that isn't called net presence at all.

William Hylander

There can be only 1
Aug 17, 2009
I can only imagine what was said between Grabovski and Carlyle behind closed doors. It was probably much worse than his tirade in the media. He's also had himself moved from 2 teams with strong evidence suggesting he has attitude problems. I imagine that his life in Washington will be pretty sweet for a couple years but he's likely to cause more drama after the honeymoon.

Shanty

July hockey is where bridges are burned
Jan 9, 2010
Toronto
Mikhail Grabovski scores three goals in first game as an ex-Leaf, but Caps still lose

God damnit Grabo.

Still fine with the decision, but this always happens, doesn't it?

Grabovski had three goals and an assist in his first game since he signed with Washington in August. Alex Ovechkin had a goal and an assist, but the Capitals dropped their opener for the second straight season.

“They got a little bit lucky today,” Grabovski said. “We need to learn from our mistakes what we did. We just need to play better the next game.”

Grabovski had consecutive power-play goals in the third, giving Washington a 3-2 lead with 14:44 left.

Full Story

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
It's not like Grabovski wasn't ever going to score ever again.

His replacement for us, Bolland, had 4 hits, was 50% on faceoffs and was a +1. He should have had a goal but Price pretty much robbed him.

Relax.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
True that one game does not make a season but you for me i have a warm spot for Grabo, love the player but the contract was just too much for where he fit in on the team, not to mention he was not being used properly here and or fell out of favor with the coaching staff. I hope he has a great season and finds a home because he is a heck of a player.

Shanty

Jan 9, 2010
Toronto
Jeez guys calm down, I'm not even upset! I just find it funny that this always seems to happen. I love Bolland, and Bozak got a GWG, all's well. I just thought it was funny.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Not you specifically, but I just don't get the big fuss over Grabo. He is as relevant to the Leafs as Mike Fisher or Jay Rosehill is at this point.

Everyone has favorite players on other teams, but people need to stop filling up the Leafs board (you can literally find Grabo in like every thread :laugh: ) with talk about a Caps player.

Shanty

Jan 9, 2010
Toronto
Not you specifically, but I just don't get the big fuss over Grabo. He is as relevant to the Leafs as Mike Fisher or Jay Rosehill is at this point.

Everyone has favorite players on other teams, but people need to stop filling up the Leafs board (you can literally find Grabo in like every thread :laugh: ) with talk about a Caps player.

Fair point.

I like the guy, and I hope he succeeds, I think he got the chance to prove himself here, and couldn't do it. I feel like he has a temper on him. Every time he moves teams it's because there was some sort of disagreement. Whether with players or management.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Ulf.. definitely agree that Trouba has looked miles better than Rielly so far.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Rielly hasn't played to be fair, but he did look good at the Worlds last year in a draft that was Defencemen heavy in quality.

I am saying from what I have seen of Rielly in pre-season, and Trouba in pre-season and his first game. If you check out main board, people around the league are high on him. And for a reason. Even though it is one game, he has shown excellent offensive and defensive awareness.

Last night, he played 25+ minutes, 1G, 1A, 4 blocked shots, and he almost floored Hall.

Those are not rookie stats but one of a veteran. Not trying to hype him too much, but he looked like a calming presence on the blue line.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Agreed, Hall made some Gardineresque plays last night.

Hall is learning a new position (which doesn't change the risk taking) and is 21, while Kessel is 26. Kessel has improved a great deal over the years, and no reason not to expect Hall to do the same.

Kessel was grilled for these things when he was 22.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad