13-14 Around the League II: Lots of Teams are @ Best Starts. Then there's NJD/BUF/FLA

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveV*

How impressive, a hat trick in your first game after a buyout. Gotta love Gabo, good luck bro! Heart.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
This is such a hot pile of garbage.

Last year in Game 7 the tying goal was scored on a seeing eye shot from the point. The Habs had a bunch of shots from the point in the last part of regulation - if any of those go in, is it still "proven winner' Dave Bolland taking care of business?

You can say that all you want, but the guy has won at every level he has played. (London)OHL, World Juniors, 2 Stanley Cups. He scored the Stanley cup game winning goal last year, no one can ever take that away from him, was huge in the Hawks first Cup win. If you want to dismiss this, then this is your choice. Most people don't.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Nice to see Grabovski have a good night, but one thing worth considering: Bozak's goal came shorthanded on the penalty kill, a role Grabovski cannot play.

One of Grabovski/Bozak had to go, and Im perfectly fine with keeping the more versatile centre over the more one dimensional one. Leafs won with everybody contributing tonight. Bozak just fits our mold better

I agree with that completely. I think Washington can say the same thing about Grabrovski/Bozak if they had the choice except Grabrovski fits their team much better I believe.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
You can say that all you want, but the guy has won at every level he has played. (London)OHL, World Juniors, Stanley Cups. He scored the Stanley cup game winning goal last year, was huge in the Hawks first Cup win. If you want to dismiss this, then this is your choice. Most people don't.

There is a reason why Dave Nonis called Stan Bowman the MOMENT after they won the Cup (according to Bowman).

He knew the Blackhawks were going to face another problem with the cap and he wanted Bolland.

Bolland will help us win more games than Grabovski will help the Caps win...anyone can quote me on that if they want.

If your coach can trust you to be on the ice in a 2-2 game of the Stanley Cup Finals, you know you're a pretty valuable player.

I like every forward on our team but I don't have trust on any of our players outside of maybe McClement.

We score enough goals, we need to learn how to prevent them to become a better team and by acquiring Bolland, we did that.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Nice to see Grabovski have a good night, but one thing worth considering: Bozak's goal came shorthanded on the penalty kill, a role Grabovski cannot play.

One of Grabovski/Bozak had to go, and Im perfectly fine with keeping the more versatile centre over the more one dimensional one. Leafs won with everybody contributing tonight. Bozak just fits our mold better

Bozak's "multi-dimension's" just aren't very good. Beside his shorty, he really did not have a good game tonight.

Lmao at Dubnyk giving Scheifele the facewash.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
There is a reason why Dave Nonis called Stan Bowman the MOMENT after they won the Cup (according to Bowman).

He knew the Blackhawks were going to face another problem with the cap and he wanted Bolland.

Bolland will help us win more games than Grabovski will help the Caps win...anyone can quote me on that if they want.

If your coach can trust you to be on the ice in a 2-2 game of the Stanley Cup Finals, you know you're a pretty valuable player.

I like every forward on our team but I don't have trust on any of our players outside of maybe McClement.

We score enough goals, we need to learn how to prevent them to become a better team and by acquiring Bolland, we did that.

Agree with everything you said here. :handclap:

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Grabo was not put in a position to succeed. That's the story of Grabo once RC took over and ran him out. Pretty obvious and to the poster talking about Grabo not potting the 4th goal, he was pretty much diving and shooting and Crawford got there, how do you even sleep at night lol.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
So cheering against the two people that decide how this franchise is run. That looks like you're cheering against the Toronto Maple Leafs.

And it's Grabovski.

Its either,the guysname is not even in the same alphabet as ours.

This thread isnt about Grabo. Move on to the appropriate thread if you want to discuss him. Thread bans will follow if you continue

Just to settle this argument, once and for all, over here:

The correct spelling for the name is actually Grabowski.

See: Michał Grabowski, the son of the last King of Poland, Stanisław August Poniatowski.

The letter 'w' in Polish, much like in German, is pronounced as an English 'v.' Hence the spelling of Grabovski, which obviously stems from the transliteration.

"Grabovsky" is not correct. A "y" can never follow a "k" in Polish, similar to "i before e except after c" in English.

The transliteration from Belarusian on his Wikipedia page, Michail Jurjevič Hraboúski, is spelled like that because G's tend to be pronounced with an 'H' sound in Belarusian.

I should note too: Him having a Polish name is not exactly uncommon. Nearly all of Western Belarus were part of Poland between 1918 and 1939. All of Belarus was part of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania, Rus, and Zmudz, which was in dynastic union with Poland from 1385-1569 and became one state between 1569-1772. Parts of Belarus were up to 50% Polish by the 1930's.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Grabo was not put in a position to succeed. That's the story of Grabo once RC took over and ran him out. Pretty obvious and to the poster talking about Grabo not potting the 4th goal, he was pretty much diving and shooting and Crawford got there, how do you even sleep at night lol.

that's not true.
I don't know why everyone keeps saying, "Carlyle/Nonis ruined this." but Nonis brought up that Grabo had a tonne of time IN THE PLAYOFFS (ie: not third line minutes) and scored not one goal.

everyone keeps forgetting that Kadri was playing on the third line to start the season. Carlyle didn't put Grabo there game one. Kadri played better than Grabo, and I don't think Grabo worked on our first line. Bozak is helpful for our team, Kadri's going to flip to #1 eventually (pushing Bozak to #2). we NEED a player like Bolland and McClement is necessary for the 4th. so. where exactly do you put Grabo?

Also: by having Grabo at his cap hit (and not doing well), Kadri could have held out for his kind of money.

why can't we just be happy that he's doing well, and that we're doing well. it's about

:leafs on the front, not the name on the back at the end of the day.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

I really think you and Bunjay should be Caps fans rather than Leafs fans. Everyone says I am obsessed with him(won't use his name, he is gone and I called it) but you 2 love to post about him every chance you get.

Atleast I have talked about the Leafs game, our defence, our new shutdown line, I have even posted Bozak didn't deserve 3rd star tonight. You 2? Well leave that up to my fellow Leafs posters to call it for what it is.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I really think you and Bunjay should be Caps fans rather than Leafs fans. Everyone says I am obsessed with him(won't use his name, he is gone and I called it) but you 2 love to post about him every chance you get.

Atleast I have talked about the Leafs game, our defence, our new shutdown line, I have even posted Bozak didn't deserve 3rd star tonight. You 2? Well leave that up to my fellow Leafs posters to call it for what it is.

Like my tenth post about the guy, you mean like your 500 posts in the main forum regarding him?

Look, Grabo is a better hockey player then Kadri and Bozak right now. He has always been better then Bozak but had to play second fiddle to him for reasons unknown. The guy is obviously talented and determined, he has never been a bottom 6 type guy but was used as one. We moved him for Clarkson who is lucky if he can be considered 30% as talented as Grabo. The guy can't skate and Bozak has just always been mediocre.

I feel this team would be worse this year without adding Raymond and Reims, Bolland. Paying Grabo to leave was just epic stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
People call out Kessel's D, how the heck does Hall get a free pass? Great player, but a turnover machine.

Yet they don't call out Bozaks, go figure. Now they are though, the money makes people pay attention

Feb 24, 2004
that's not true.
I don't know why everyone keeps saying, "Carlyle/Nonis ruined this." but Nonis brought up that Grabo had a tonne of time IN THE PLAYOFFS (ie: not third line minutes) and scored not one goal.

everyone keeps forgetting that Kadri was playing on the third line to start the season. Carlyle didn't put Grabo there game one. Kadri played better than Grabo, and I don't think Grabo worked on our first line. Bozak is helpful for our team, Kadri's going to flip to #1 eventually (pushing Bozak to #2). we NEED a player like Bolland and McClement is necessary for the 4th. so. where exactly do you put Grabo?

Also: by having Grabo at his cap hit (and not doing well), Kadri could have held out for his kind of money.

why can't we just be happy that he's doing well, and that we're doing well. it's about

:leafs on the front, not the name on the back at the end of the day.

Grabo was one of our most effective forwards against Boston in the playoffs - JVR's goal against Boston in game 2 was a great example of why.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Yay grabo! I was so happy when he signed with the caps, they needed more offense since the last couple seasons have been mediocre.

But if the caps get their **** together, they could do VERY well. And I'm glad Grabo is right in the middle of it.

Grabo's a beast when he's trying to prove a point. Point proven.

That's just it, Grabo is great when he's trying to prove something. Hence why he was great for the couple seasons after Montreal traded him. He wasn't himself last season, his conditioning wasn't where it used to be, and his effectiveness wasn't either.

I think he'll tear it up this season, but it doesn't mean he would've on this team, this season, if given a chance. I think being bought out, lit a fire under his ass again.

loppa*

Grabovski, the best Center the Maple Leafs have had since Mats Sundin.*

Bought out.

For Clarkson.

*Nazem will be better, but for the 4 years, Grabo was by far the best we had in the middle of the ice.

This is yet one more reason why I despise the Maple Leafs. I was a fan, a big fan of the leafs. But they abused us fans, they didn't care, the management that is. The final nail in the coffin for me was when they tossed out Grabovski.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Grabo has speed, he has some skill, the problem is he doesn't have much between his ears. His vision and hockey IQ are suspect at best, which is why he seemed to use his speed to skate really quickly into Bruins players and get knocked down (smarter players would skate around them).

You can't be a good defensive player if you're not a very smart player, so that's probably why Carlyle never took a liking to him.

Don't get me wrong, I liked the guy, and his fire, just wish he had better hockey sense.

sommervr

Feb 25, 2013
My mistake your obsession is with actually Bozak. We get it you don't like him. You have said this a million times when also mentioning Grabo.

Anytime Grabo thinks so much as a happy thought you are going to hear it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad