13-14 Around the League II: Lots of Teams are @ Best Starts. Then there's NJD/BUF/FLA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Pick up Lehner in your fantasy league kids, he'll be the Sens starter real soon.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
wow Methot just cross-checked Selanne.... then he's like, "seriously? I didn't do anything!"
5 on 3 for the Ducks

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
that powerplay was #sadpanda... so many open nets the Ducks had.

whoa. 23 to 9? we're not even that bad.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
#peskysens

Yeah, but the sens still suck so why would I want him? I have Ryan and Michalek in separate pools. They need to do some work

Anderson has been brutal. Lehner is a star in the making and will make the team better. It's five games into the season remember.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I really do think that we keep shots to the outside.

When we get outshot, there is no way that we give up quality chance after another. It could easily be 5 or 6-1 Ducks right now.

Ottawa did the right thing by yanking Anderson. Lehner looks much better.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Oh boy do I remember that hit on Kariya by Stevens. that gasp Paul made, everyone was like "whoa, dude."

man. Ryan Getzlaf is BALD. (channeling his inner Sundin?)

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
What a pass by Hamphus Lindholm! :amazed:

The rookie defenseman of the 2012 draft have been off the charts. Trouba, Rielly, Murray, Lindholm, and Dumba.

Looks like all of them will stay with their teams and that's pretty rare for young defenseman.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Oh boy do I remember that hit on Kariya by Stevens. that gasp Paul made, everyone was like "whoa, dude."

man. Ryan Getzlaf is BALD. (channeling his inner Sundin?)

His goal after that is probably my favorite non Leaf goal.

"OFF THE FLOOR, ON THE BOARD!"

BTW Perry could've had 5 goals by now, jeez.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009

it was a beauty. he was one of my favourite players, I wish he could have been a leaf.

I just love that the Senators board wonders why their dumb slow team constantly takes minor penalties.

It's a mystery.

:biglaugh:

watching the ducks - it shows that we may be in for a long night,tuesday after next.

Toad

May 18, 2013

Definitely was pulling for ANA against NJ that year. How could you not with guys like Kariya, Oates, and Steve Thomas all gunning for their first Cup (while practically everyone on the Devils had already won it at least once, not to mention the boring style they played)...

And I definitely prefer these old 'Mighty Ducks' jerseys to their regular ones (which are the pure definition of 'blah').

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Definitely was pulling for ANA against NJ that year. How could you not with guys like Kariya, Oates, and Steve Thomas all gunning for their first Cup (while practically everyone on the Devils had already won it at least once, not to mention the boring style they played)...

And I definitely prefer these old 'Mighty Ducks' jerseys to their regular ones (which are the pure definition of 'blah').

Huzzah!!! Anaheim scored again! (off the draw)

(hee. the Duck's commentators are saying the Sens third/fourth line are smallish).

Toad - me too.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
4-1 ANA. They could be like 8-1 right now. Anaheim will have 60 shots in this game by the end of the 3rd.

So much for Ottawa's superior defense.

I don't know why people predicted that Ottawa is a great team? That team has zero depth...if Karlsson puts up 50 points instead of PPG, he's no Norris defenseman.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
4-1 ANA. They could be like 8-1 right now. Anaheim will have 60 shots in this game by the end of the 3rd.

So much for Ottawa's superior defense.

I don't know why people predicted that Ottawa is a great team? That team has zero depth...if Karlsson puts up 50 points instead of PPG, he's no Norris defenseman.

i've been saying this for.ever.

they have that pesky thing where they always tie and get the extra point. and last year it was all "we did so well without our key guys!"

.... well.... (shrug). so far their play isn't anything to be desired. maybe they'll turn it on or something... but for me, if we're playing like total poop and winning and they're playing at regular strength - one would have to say if we weren't playing like poop we're better than them. (more than we already are LOL)

Garbs

Jul 2, 2005
London, Ontario
"Guys, I know our defense is flat-footed, immobile and slow, and our forwards all have virtually no hockey sense, but why do the refs keep penalizing us more than the other team?!?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad