TSN Radio: 1290 am - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Has anyone else seen these pics TSN1290 has been tweeting lately of Toth, Westwood and Rewicki? Is it just me or is Westwood's head literally getting larger and larger? His head looks like Barry Bonds prime steroid era.

Reactions: Jets 31

Al Camino

Jul 18, 2018
I think the most likely outcome is neither, but this might just be wishful thinking.
I like your optimism. But never underestimate PoMo’s ability to do PoMo things. I’m a glass half empty guy so I fully expect Bourque and Lesttu,or however you spell it, to be on this team.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Jim wasn't super strong in math class.

I think he wears this t-shirt...:laugh:
There Are Three Kinds of People in This World - Math T-Shirt.jpg

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
I did! I tried on my TuneIn radio app, the TSN app, and TSN's online webpage and none worked for me. Glad to hear I was not the only one.
As an update, TSN1290 just tweeted that they are aware of the issue with streaming and are working on fixing it.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
:laugh: did anyone hear Troy sneak in a "homer" prior to the commercial break after Jim's soliloquy about the Jets

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
The problem isn't that baseball games take too long to finish now compared to 20 years ago. It's that people are not willing to set aside the time to sit and watch them like they were 20 years ago.

Toth Logic(tm)

He's right! Hell, what does the length of the game matter? 4 hours? 6? 12? Who cares when the solution is so simple? Folks just have to be willing to sit for 4, 6, or 12 hours! No problem!

of course, Jim's position is powerfully buttressed by the fact that this isn't the first time he's considered the issue. He said it himself..."it's intersting, we were discussing this a couple weeks ago in the States." Now, I'm not sure who that amorphous "we" refers to but I have to assume Jim was part of some high-level baseball think tank down south where he already put the whole game length issue to bed by applying irrefutable Toth Logic(tm)

Last edited:
Reactions: broinwhyteridge

JetsCameHome

Sep 19, 2011
I tuned in for the first time since last playoff run. By the time I got two minutes into my drive Jim Toth was laughing at his own joke about Edmonds and about how he was right about some useless stat. Then a commercial break for Virtuity mortgage where they somehow made it worse than with Jordan Reeves and Rick Ralph with now some stupid thing about a straight jacket and Darcy Oake.

Right back to spotify. I'm done with that station.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
I tuned in for the first time since last playoff run. By the time I got two minutes into my drive Jim Toth was laughing at his own joke about Edmonds and about how he was right about some useless stat. Then a commercial break for Virtuity mortgage where they somehow made it worse than with Jordan Reeves and Rick Ralph with now some stupid thing about a straight jacket and Darcy Oake.

I stopped listening back in April of 2018, have I missed anything on 1290 since? I assume NO!

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011

lol. "Smoke bomb. And I'm out." Spoken with absolutely zero vocal inflection of any sort for minimum comedic effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad