Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Beyak - "Jack Roslovic is the 12-13 forward on this line-up."

Y'know, I don't think Roslo is a superstar or anything, but there is no frikking way in hell Gabriel Borque should be higher on the depth chart than him. It is insane.
Roslovic will be higher in the depth chart by the second period tonight . :naughty:

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
I tuned in for the first time since last playoff run. By the time I got two minutes into my drive Jim Toth was laughing at his own joke about Edmonds and about how he was right about some useless stat. Then a commercial break for Virtuity mortgage where they somehow made it worse than with Jordan Reeves and Rick Ralph with now some stupid thing about a straight jacket and Darcy Oake.

Right back to spotify. I'm done with that station.
Yeah, those local mortgage commercials with the Grade C local celebrities are almost painful to listen to.

Reactions: Moe Mantha

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Roslovic will be higher in the depth chart by the second period tonight . :naughty:
Not a chance. Munz is a mouth piece for the organization. If he says the coach thinks that little Roslovic, Munz is there to put it out there to create the echo chamber. Just like when Munz says Betteto looks like one of the best players in pre season you can take it to the bank that pylon will be in the line up.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Yeah, those local mortgage commercials with the Grade C local celebrities are almost painful to listen to.
I have a bit of a soft spot for terrible hockey player acting. So bad it's good!

Does anyone else remember the Don Cherry / Gordie Howe ad for Sport Select back in the early 90s? Don Cherry's talking about winning and Howe stumbles through his line which I think was supposed to be "Didn't see too many when you were a coach!" but it sounded like "Din't see too many when you're a coach!" With that terrible inflectionless delivery. Maybe it was supposed to be "Don't see too many when you're a coach"? Anyway, it was the greatest Sports Select ad ever made.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
I have a bit of a soft spot for terrible hockey player acting. So bad it's good!

Does anyone else remember the Don Cherry / Gordie Howe ad for Sport Select back in the early 90s? Don Cherry's talking about winning and Howe stumbles through his line which I think was supposed to be "Didn't see too many when you were a coach!" but it sounded like "Din't see too many when you're a coach!" With that terrible inflectionless delivery. Maybe it was supposed to be "Don't see too many when you're a coach"? Anyway, it was the greatest Sports Select ad ever made.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Beyak - "Jack Roslovic is the 12-13 forward on this line-up."

Y'know, I don't think Roslo is a superstar or anything, but there is no frikking way in hell Gabriel Borque should be higher on the depth chart than him. It is insane.

And yet it's the same every year. If there's an ageing plug to be played, PoMo finds a way to shoehorn him into the lineup, even if said plug is obviously past his prime (in the case of Borque/Letestu, a prime as a marginal 3rd/4th linrer) has been cut by better and/or worse teams, ping-ponged between the AHL/NHL, has sucked all the way through the preseason and is guaranteed to drag down any line he plays on, thus impacting the games and stats of younger and/or better players, he'll play.

I genuinely don't get it. If I'm Wheeler, Scheifele, JMo, I make a date with Paul and ask him WTF he's doing and why. If I'm Gus, Luoto or Chibby, and had a great preseason, doing most or all of the right things, I ask myself why the hell I bothered. If I'm VESA or Roslo, and had a mediocre preseason, knowing that it wouldn't matter, my pissed-offedness and disinterest shows up ever more in my play until I finally get my wish and get traded.

More clapped-out castoffs on a team with some really interesting depth. WTF, Mo?

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
And yet it's the same every year. If there's an ageing plug to be played, PoMo finds a way to shoehorn him into the lineup, even if said plug is obviously past his prime (in the case of Borque/Letestu, a prime as a marginal 3rd/4th linrer) has been cut by better and/or worse teams, ping-ponged between the AHL/NHL, has sucked all the way through the preseason and is guaranteed to drag down any line he plays on, thus impacting the games and stats of younger and/or better players, he'll play.

I genuinely don't get it. If I'm Wheeler, Scheifele, JMo, I make a date with Paul and ask him WTF he's doing and why. If I'm Gus, Luoto or Chibby, and had a great preseason, doing most or all of the right things, I ask myself why the hell I bothered. If I'm VESA or Roslo, and had a mediocre preseason, knowing that it wouldn't matter, my pissed-offedness and disinterest shows up ever more in my play until I finally get my wish and get traded.

More clapped-out castoffs on a team with some really interesting depth. WTF, Mo?
This is how Vegas built their team. They got a bunch of unproven players playing behind dog crap. Teams gave them up without giving them a chance. Roslovic could be that way for Seattle.

Reactions: Jack722 and JetsUK

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Yes, WTF Mau?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

Yes, WTF Mau?
Bourque had better underlying numbers than both Luoto and Gus in the preseason. A case could be made the Letestu shouldn't be in the opening day lineup, but the numbers suggest Bourque should be.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Bourque had better underlying numbers than both Luoto and Gus in the preseason. A case could be made the Letestu shouldn't be in the opening day lineup, but the numbers suggest Bourque should be.

Those numbers don't apply well to small samples. But I will grant you that Bourque was not too bad in pre-season. IMO, Luoto was better. Chibisov was close. So were Suess and Spacek, though they didn't get as much opportunity.

But it is something that has been pointed out here quite a few times before. Bourque has a track record. We know he will be bad. We think that Luoto might be bad, but he also might be good. And Luoto can be expected to improve quite rapidly. Bourque is not going to do that. It does not quite fit the scenario of the coach going with the familiar player since Bourque is new to the Jets. But Maurice has seen him before playing for other teams, so he is somewhat familiar. I think Maurice sees that simple game that he likes. It is predictable.

Bourque is not my biggest issue. Of the 3 he is much less of a concern. But I think several players with more upside are more deserving of the opportunity. Bitetto and Letestu are much worse.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Those numbers don't apply well to small samples. But I will grant you that Bourque was not too bad in pre-season. IMO, Luoto was better. Chibisov was close. So were Suess and Spacek, though they didn't get as much opportunity.

But it is something that has been pointed out here quite a few times before. Bourque has a track record. We know he will be bad. We think that Luoto might be bad, but he also might be good. And Luoto can be expected to improve quite rapidly. Bourque is not going to do that. It does not quite fit the scenario of the coach going with the familiar player since Bourque is new to the Jets. But Maurice has seen him before playing for other teams, so he is somewhat familiar. I think Maurice sees that simple game that he likes. It is predictable.

Bourque is not my biggest issue. Of the 3 he is much less of a concern. But I think several players with more upside are more deserving of the opportunity. Bitetto and Letestu are much worse.
I thought Bourque had a decent camp and I have no problem with him in the lineup. Suess is the one IMO that really deserved the opportunity based on play.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I thought Bourque had a decent camp and I have no problem with him in the lineup. Suess is the one IMO that really deserved the opportunity based on play.

I had Suess just behind Luoto. Both ahead of Bourque. It isn't that Bourque was bad. He wasn't. But others were better - and those others also have higher ceilings.

Reactions: jetswin

Al Camino

Jul 18, 2018
Is this caller complaining about the CFL coverage on TSN reading a prepared statement?

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Put Bourque on the 4th line and Roslo on the 3rd and frikkin LEAVE HIM THERE for a few games. Expecting some sort of magic in one game is ludicrous...
Roslovic has been here for years. The 4th line is all he has earned to play so far. Sadly enough. Bourque and Lowry and copp when little gets back will fit together nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->