TSN Radio: 1290 am - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

FFHockey

Oct 12, 2015
Winnipeg, Manitoba,
Westwood is now "mystified" as to why Tanev is in the lineup. Dude is clueless about the game of hockey, like I mean absolutely clueless. I could understand someone stating that if we need some more offense in our lineup, which we dont, but if we do, I would look at maybe swapping out Tanev for Roslovic. Nope, Our field goal kicker is completely mystified by Tanev being in our lineup.

I am starting to believe Troy has not watched this team this season, or at least I hope he has not, as it would explain his stupidity with statements such as that, or questioning why Tanev is playing in OT, when he has a hatty that night, or why anyone believes Laine is skating better than at the beginning of the season.

If we had another sports radio station, I would boycott this stupidity in a heatbeat. You listen to the other TSN radio shows, with hockey players in the booth, and they make this show look bush. The show desperately needs a true hockey voice, someone that has either played or coached at a high level, higher the Brandon playing Jr A.
I rarely listen now... mostly due to him. I find when I do, I tend to listen only to get a chuckle out of the stupid things that come out of his mouth. What a blowhard!

Reactions: MrBoJangelz71

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
I have stopped listening for the most part to 1290 except for the two afternoon shows.
I won’t listen to the morning show until westwood is gone.
He is beyond clueless and has nothing intelligent ever to say.
I am also not a big fan of Kevin O. I could take or leave that show.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I'm incredibly jealous that you got to go lol, how did you get tickets?

That is what everyone says though, it is the one event that always lives up to and surpasses expectations in person.
We had been putting are names in for years to win tickets and finally got lucky . It's unbelievable , the massive pine trees blew me away and the smells of the pine trees and azalea flowers , unreal . We had met some locals the night before and they all said wear your golf shoes when you go , i was like really , why ? Well when we got there and started walking i found out why , the steepness of the course . Like i said TV does it no justice , just unbelievable . :amazed:

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
One good thing about the current morning show is that after 10 seconds of listening, I can hit the snooze button and know I am not missing anything interesting.
I like Illegal Curve, but they're better as a podcast - I don't think they would be good as a morning show. We either need a competing show (unlikely), or a host with a hockey background (are there no retired players living in Wpg who have radio potential?)

also: it shouldn't be someone who has any involvement with TNSE, as it would limit criticism

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I think Ralph is becoming a parody of himself. Or senile.

Ralph in st James you mean? Yeah, he’s the old guy I was referring to earlier when I said I don’t understand why they let him ramble on like they do. I mean I get it - he’s a character and an older person and you want to give him a respectful opportunity but come on...

Reactions: Jets 31

PerryPooley

Dec 28, 2011
Ralph in st James you mean? Yeah, he’s the old guy I was referring to earlier when I said I don’t understand why they let him ramble on like they do. I mean I get it - he’s a character and an older person and you want to give him a respectful opportunity but come on...
The obligatory call from Ralph in St. James is unlistenable. In a larger market he would be screened out.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Illegal Curve and Rick Ralph need more love in this thread.

In General, this thread is too negative IMO. Seems like generic sports radio complaints.
Yes, it's become one of the "venting" threads and I'll admit to being part of it. Fact is, we just aren't going to have the same level of broadcasting you see in TO or Mtl etc. When I listen to other sports stations across the country, most are even worse

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

broinwhyteridge

Jun 27, 2011
Fire Maurice
I just get the impression he's waiting for a rim shot after everything.

sPwgpLj.gif

L8TmDn

Babooch

Jan 7, 2014
Westwood follows up every mudane aspect of sports claiming it is 'facinating'. When he started years ago I really wanted him to succeed. But he just never seems to improve.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
So I went to pick up my prize at 1290. I got to pick a Jets hat from a bin that has already been picked through well, and a 10” spicy perogy pizza. 10”??? Seriously? I spent more in gas to drive to this radio station in the boonies than what I got in return. I remember another time I won a Jets Gear gift card and it was like $10. Bell Media...hashtag cheap.

one other person

Tripping thru time and space
Feb 19, 2018
Sunny St. Somewhere
Once in awhile I’ll listen to the Afternoon Drive on the home commute. I can do this using Tune-In Radio, which thinks the show is still called Hustler And Lawless. The nice thing is that I get a large head shot picture of Hustler and Lawless on my navigation screen the entire time; a great reason to keep one’s eyes on the road at all times.

Reactions: drumzan

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Hustler and the pillow man had Keith Tkachuk on today , seems pretty pumped about the Jets .

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
So I went to pick up my prize at 1290. I got to pick a Jets hat from a bin that has already been picked through well, and a 10” spicy perogy pizza. 10”??? Seriously? I spent more in gas to drive to this radio station in the boonies than what I got in return. I remember another time I won a Jets Gear gift card and it was like $10. Bell Media...hashtag cheap.
I agree , that's a joke , mind you a large pizza from Boston pizza costs about 50 bucks . :laugh: With gas up to 1.19 a liter , it definitely cost you more in gas . :shakehead

Reactions: drumzan

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Did that guy they were interviewing at 8:05 really say “Indian gift the division”? Really. Toth should be ashamed. And of course once again even worse Westwood has a legit reason to get on his soapbox with his SJW schtick and he reverts to the stereotypical football player and keeps his mouth shut about guys on his own team where he can actually make a difference. What a joke. Westwood has zero integrity. His SJW schtick is fake.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
come on. That's ridiculous. The "indian giver" thing is problematic, but I think expecting Westwood to get on the soapbox on the air and call out a guy they are interviewing is silly. Wouldn't have "made a difference" in any way other than creating a really uncomfortable on air exchange.

Reactions: Evil Little

kcin94

Jul 17, 2011
I couldn't believe I heard that either. I expected a "sorry about that comment" after the interview was done and was surprised there wasn't any.

FFHockey

Oct 12, 2015
Winnipeg, Manitoba,
Westwood - "losing Perreault is catastrophic" What an uninformed idiot.

I agree that losing Perreault sucks (I am a fan by the way), but catastrophic?...Hardly. Good thing Brandon was there to speak some common sense.

Over the last 2 months of the season Matchoo was hardly a factor, I would think young Roslo will step in and more than hold his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad