TSN Radio: 1290 am - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
Easy on, fans!

We are lucky to have a sports radio station in town. There are limits on their listenership possibilities and they operate within that.

The local guys won't get much better. Face it. They don't have big money to throw around. We got spoiled with the CJOB old guard in the past. (Jack Matheson, Cactus Jack Wells, and Bob Irving were all committed to Winnipeg for life.)

However, they could do more with national TSN "big names", and I'd be happy.

Reactions: ps241

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
That hack who's on the post-game show with Kevin Oshivme is mega bad. Those two idiots make the callers sound good.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Instead of going to that awful ESPN crap where all they talk about is Basketball , Baseball , College Basketball why doesn't 1290 just replay the last Jets game ?

Reactions: sipowicz

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Easy on, fans!

We are lucky to have a sports radio station in town. There are limits on their listenership possibilities and they operate within that.

The local guys won't get much better. Face it. They don't have big money to throw around. We got spoiled with the CJOB old guard in the past. (Jack Matheson, Cactus Jack Wells, and Bob Irving were all committed to Winnipeg for life.)

However, they could do more with national TSN "big names", and I'd be happy.
Any of the college stations have a jets radio show?

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Could the replay ratings be worse than the ESPN stuff?
I wouldn't think so . I know i would rather 1290 replay the game in it's entirety than listen to that ESPN crap . Just replay the game right after all the post game stuff is done , although some of the people that call in might get confused and try calling after the replay . :laugh:

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

mremis

Sep 19, 2007
I will add that all the local content is available on replay through their website, here: Shows

I will add further that sometimes they screw up the links. These two were supposed to be for different files but are linked to the same interview:

Afternoon Ride - Hour 1 - April 2, 2018

LeBrun: You can feel the Jets confidence

Come on, TSN, clean up your act. It's not rocket science.

This has been fixed. Obviously it's not rocket science but mistakes do happen.

While the link may have been wrong on TSN.ca - the acutal podcast feed link was correct.

Subscribe on Soundcloud, iTunes or whatever podcast program you use.

Happy to help, please reach out @TSN1290Radio on Twitter if there are any podcast issues and I'll be able to fix them.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
It's not even Tiger, it's the story of Tiger's comeback for me. I was never a big Tiger guy, I always liked Phil more, but I'm rooting so hard for Tiger now
Tiger, Phil etc it's like going back in time. Not to mention Nicklaus's grandson winning the par 3......or at least dropping the hole in one. Crazy

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Golf is an enjoyable but expensive sport to play. It’s like waiting for paint to dry to watch.

Golf's problems are so dumb compared to other sports. I loved playing Golf when I was in high school, even though I'm pretty terrible. Average around a 95 over 18 holes. I still love playing. But DAMN that price increase.

I was 17, working a part time job, living at home rent free, and my golf membership at a pretty nice club was $250. Only time restrictions were saturday and sunday, between noon and five. Any other time, I could go and play a few holes.

Then I turned 18.

I'm now going to University. My summer job money going to tuition and rent for living on my own. The price for a membership? Now $1250. I had a few friends around my age who played. They fell into two categories: Worked at a Golf Course to take advantage of the reduced/free golf fees, or stopped playing.

Reactions: Jets 31

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Golf's problems are so dumb compared to other sports. I loved playing Golf when I was in high school, even though I'm pretty terrible. Average around a 95 over 18 holes. I still love playing. But DAMN that price increase.

I was 17, working a part time job, living at home rent free, and my golf membership at a pretty nice club was $250. Only time restrictions were saturday and sunday, between noon and five. Any other time, I could go and play a few holes.

Then I turned 18.

I'm now going to University. My summer job money going to tuition and rent for living on my own. The price for a membership? Now $1250. I had a few friends around my age who played. They fell into two categories: Worked at a Golf Course to take advantage of the reduced/free golf fees, or stopped playing.

Love golf especially shooting through tunnels when the ball comes out at a different level!

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

Then I turned 18.

Ya i'm a member at one of our most affordable courses and it's still alot of money . You have to have the time to play alot to make it work , i work nights so i play after my shift , i try to get at least 70 games in to make it affordable . If you are working and have a family , i don't see how anyone would have enough time to play enough , you can't just play weekends because it's not going to be enough games played . Plus i don't know how many peoples better halfs would be happy about you playing golf every weekend . :laugh:

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Westwood is now "mystified" as to why Tanev is in the lineup. Dude is clueless about the game of hockey, like I mean absolutely clueless. I could understand someone stating that if we need some more offense in our lineup, which we dont, but if we do, I would look at maybe swapping out Tanev for Roslovic. Nope, Our field goal kicker is completely mystified by Tanev being in our lineup.

I am starting to believe Troy has not watched this team this season, or at least I hope he has not, as it would explain his stupidity with statements such as that, or questioning why Tanev is playing in OT, when he has a hatty that night, or why anyone believes Laine is skating better than at the beginning of the season.

If we had another sports radio station, I would boycott this stupidity in a heatbeat. You listen to the other TSN radio shows, with hockey players in the booth, and they make this show look bush. The show desperately needs a true hockey voice, someone that has either played or coached at a high level, higher the Brandon playing Jr A.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Westwood is now "mystified" as to why Tanev is in the lineup. Dude is clueless about the game of hockey, like I mean absolutely clueless. I could understand someone stating that if we need some more offense in our lineup, which we dont, but if we do, I would look at maybe swapping out Tanev for Roslovic. Nope, Our field goal kicker is completely mystified by Tanev being in our lineup.

I am starting to believe Troy has not watched this team this season, or at least I hope he has not, as it would explain his stupidity with statements such as that, or questioning why Tanev is playing in OT, when he has a hatty that night, or why anyone believes Laine is skating better than at the beginning of the season.

If we had another sports radio station, I would boycott this stupidity in a heatbeat. You listen to the other TSN radio shows, with hockey players in the booth, and they make this show look bush. The show desperately needs a true hockey voice, someone that has either played or coached at a high level, higher the Brandon playing Jr A.
has he seen this? CLT was much much better.... put Roslovic with Little and Frenchie.
2zokp5y.jpg

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
It really is. The atmosphere is unmatched in sports. Maybe Wimbledon comes close.
Part of the masters mystic is the absolute beauty of the golf course . I got lucky enough to go a few years ago and i'm telling you TV even HD and 4K don't remotely do it justice . Just one example of the grooming of the course , they have guys out with scissors cutting the edges all around the bunkers , little hand scissors , unbelievable .

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Part of the masters mystic is the absolute beauty of the golf course . I got lucky enough to go a few years ago and i'm telling you TV even HD and 4K don't remotely do it justice . Just one example of the grooming of the course , they have guys out with scissors cutting the edges all around the bunkers , little hand scissors , unbelievable .
I'm incredibly jealous that you got to go lol, how did you get tickets?

That is what everyone says though, it is the one event that always lives up to and surpasses expectations in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad