TSN Radio: 1290 am - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Listening to the morning show, they had someone on who was commenting on the Helly eye injury. Missed the guest's name so didn't know who it was . . . until I heard how often he said "uh." That cleared it up fast.

I couldn't believe they had Kidd on and went into the eye thing again. I mean at this point its a complete non issue. It's basically a "million to one shot" and helly's fine so I don't need several days of discussion about the safety of goalie masks. You can't eradicate every chance of injury in the game...

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Tuned to 1290 on Tues, before the Sharks game. Kevin O was on and - credit where its due - it was not bad. He had a couple of interesting guests on and they actually talked about the upcoming game. More like that would help.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Tuned to 1290 on Tues, before the Sharks game. Kevin O was on and - credit where its due - it was not bad. He had a couple of interesting guests on and they actually talked about the upcoming game. More like that would help.

He frequently has good guests. The guests usually aren't the problem.

Reactions: Zhamnov5GoalGame

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
He frequently has good guests. The guests usually aren't the problem.

Well I didn't find him to be the problem either in that segment. He mostly let the guests talk. Of course I was only half listening but for about an hour I was able to stay there without screaming at the radio or changing stations so it was much better than normal for 1290.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Well I didn't find him to be the problem either in that segment. He mostly let the guests talk. Of course I was only half listening but for about an hour I was able to stay there without screaming at the radio or changing stations so it was much better than normal for 1290.

Cool. You must have caught him on an off day.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
These analytics guys that get interviewed are brutal to listen to. They have good content but they sound like guys who never see a game and just look at stats and they have the energy of a Snuffleupagus.
Sure am glad the MOD came by to flame, shut down discussion, brigade and gatekeep who is and who is not allowed to listen to the radio. By his logic he should shut down his account and never look at this board because he doesn’t like my comment.

As you can see by my post I said the content was good. The delivery of said content was brutal. The guest even seemed bored with his own work and was awful at applying what his content was saying to the game.

I think the biggest problem with stats guys is they look at the data backwards. Eventually someone is going to make a butt load of money by connecting the way a player pays to the stats. The current way analytics are done seems to be the stats drive the play rather than the other way around.

broinwhyteridge

Jun 27, 2011
Fire Maurice
I'm curious. What are these attractions for rich young guys in all the other cities? Even Edmonton, really? When I was young I was seriously financially constrained. I really don't know what visiting hockey players might look for beyond bars with women. :laugh: I think Wpg has enough of those to accommodate 23 visiting hockey players. Just guessing. How many does it take?
46 or more.

PerryPooley

Dec 28, 2011
I’ve found this week without Westwood on the morning show much more tolerable. He just has zero chemistry with Toth and seems to make a point of disagreeing with any comment Toth makes (Toth can be of course be obtuse at times, but Westwood seems to simply not like him)
Having heard Toth and Brandon R together this week has left me feeling that Westwood is baggage.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I'd be like Westwood around Toth too. He frustrates me to no end. I'd much rather they get rid of Toth than Westwood - but yeah, there's definitely no chemistry between the two. I just don't think Westwood is the problem.

Bauming is filling in today for kevin O on the roundtable and it's very much better listening! He's far more natural and 100% less smarmy.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
the amount of people calling in talking about Maroon is baffling. all for "size" and grit. Lowry will be back and fill that role

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I'd be like Westwood around Toth too. He frustrates me to no end. I'd much rather they get rid of Toth than Westwood - but yeah, there's definitely no chemistry between the two. I just don't think Westwood is the problem.

Bauming is filling in today for kevin O on the roundtable and it's very much better listening! He's far more natural and 100% less smarmy.

I find that Westwood can't carry the show on his own. Toth can, their opinions aside. Westwood isn't a "host".

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Sure am glad the MOD came by to flame, shut down discussion, brigade and gatekeep who is and who is not allowed to listen to the radio

Cj6PCJ4.gif

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Oh yeah I totally agree. I think they need a better host! :D

Don't agree, Toth filling in for Hustler with RR and they were good together, move Hustler to the morning slot with Rewicki and bring in some new blood, let Westwood do the football show with Walby and that's it!

Reactions: PerryPooley

trebendan

Aug 13, 2010
Who is it that's on the Moose broadcast with Mitch Peacock tonight? I missed the name. He's taking over for Peacock while Peacock helps the CBC with Olympic broadcasting. Sounds like the Goldeyes announcer.

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
Super odd lately with all of the trade talk all of a sudden.

Why the hell do we need a top 6 forward to round out our group? If Chef and Lowry are back in the line up there is pretty much 0 room.

Chef + Wheeler + anyone (Roslovic, Connor, Petan or obviously Laine) can be an effective if even incomplete line.

I hate the Chef/Wheeler combo in the D zone but absolutely love them through the NZ and OZ minutes.

Come playoff time all PoMo needs is MP/Little/Ehlers and Lowry+ whoever.

If the injuries were more severe I understand the adding a piece idea but for now if I expect to be healthy heading into the PO why add anything.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Super odd lately with all of the trade talk all of a sudden.

Why the hell do we need a top 6 forward to round out our group? If Chef and Lowry are back in the line up there is pretty much 0 room.

Chef + Wheeler + anyone (Roslovic, Connor, Petan or obviously Laine) can be an effective if even incomplete line.

I hate the Chef/Wheeler combo in the D zone but absolutely love them through the NZ and OZ minutes.

Come playoff time all PoMo needs is MP/Little/Ehlers and Lowry+ whoever.

If the injuries were more severe I understand the adding a piece idea but for now if I expect to be healthy heading into the PO why add anything.
i am thinking it is more of a top 6 forward to play on our bottom lines. Grabner who is a top 6F to play with Lowry-Armia, yes please

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I will keep an open mind if we want to add at the trade deadline but I don't want to spend much so my expectations are modest. IMO we don't need a rental that will cost us Roslovic or a 1st round pick. Let the other teams overspend for the "top" rentals.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
no rental will cost that Roslovic + 1st IMO. I think a 1st is fair for certain players ie: Green and Kane. I think Grabner could be bidded up to a 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad