TSN Radio: 1290 am - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanBert

Apr 7, 2012
This morning's debate on Pavelec's performance last night was AWKWARD to say the least.
Arguying about Pavelec's paddle save.......
they should simply state their points, and agree to disagree and move on...and not try to convince each other of anything...

p.s. it was a lucky save , but it was still a big save. :laugh:

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Toth is a complete dinosaur. Despises proper use of stats in any way (uses eye test only & poorly at that). Still believes that Pavs is a good goalie -- you can just hear it in his conversations today.

If they brought him in to generate controvery, well done. If they brought him in to provide any substance, nothing doing.

He's also got this horribly passive-aggressive nature where he constantly looks for ways to confirm whatever stupid notion he's adopted in the past, so weeks down the road he'll find a way to link some completely unconnected event to some other dumb thing he was talking about way back when that he thinks somehow proves whatever his point was. Its infuriating to listen to, and probably doubly so for Westwood who was probably on the other side of the earlier debate.

Lorenzo1000

Sep 8, 2003
Winnipeg
He's also got this horribly passive-aggressive nature where he constantly looks for ways to confirm whatever stupid notion he's adopted in the past, so weeks down the road he'll find a way to link some completely unconnected event to some other dumb thing he was talking about way back when that he thinks somehow proves whatever his point was. Its infuriating to listen to, and probably doubly so for Westwood who was probably on the other side of the earlier debate.

Troy is that you? jk ;-)

DanBert

Apr 7, 2012
I'm pretty fed up with Westwood. Way too self righteousness. Slips in his political digs as well.

:handclap:
I hat to stop following him on Twitter.....I don't mind his sports tweets, but when he gets political....he's WAAAAYY to self righteous...

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Totally agree about Troy the SJW. That stuff gets old quick - he's a good guy and his heart is usually in the right place, but he's just a tad too earnest at times...

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
I really don't understand the cult of Pavelec with the media. Is it simply because of the highlight reel saves he occasionally makes?

In a simple word ... yes.

As far as blaming the D... be consistent then. If you are going to blame the D for ruining Pavs then blame them for ruining Hutch and Helly, because it's mainly the same D or D style of play. I remember when Mo said they couldn't evaluate Pavs until the D were playing properly. If you are blaming the D, then blame the coaches, because our D have never played properly if this is the blame game you want to play.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
It's not really specifically about Pav. It's the frustrating fact that he states his case that the jet's poor D play has impacted our goalies numbers, for all of our goalies...but when Westwood points out the fact that there are and always have been a whole bunch of teams each season that have had objectively worse D numbers and shots against metrics and yet goalies putting up good save % numbers, Toth says "and that's my point" and just carries on! No Jim, that wasn't your point. That was the opposite of your point!

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
You guys are madmen for listening to sports radio. I'll listen to spots where they're interviewing people, but to willingly listen to something you vehemently disagree with is mind boggling. It's like being an athiest and having your Nan force you to read the bible.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I kicked in my car radio listening to those clowns months ago, problem solved.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
You guys are madmen for listening to sports radio. I'll listen to spots where they're interviewing people, but to willingly listen to something you vehemently disagree with is mind boggling. It's like being an athiest and having your Nan force you to read the bible.

I'm a glutton for punishment. :dunno:

at the end of it all, It's still mostly talk about the Jets and that's what I want to hear on the radio so I listen.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
It is amazing how much 1290 doesn't say too much bad about the jets.....Bob Mckenzie put them in their place

Chipman OWNS the media in this town, when it comes to the NHL and certainly the Jets. The best interest of 1290, is to appease their master. If they started to question the Jets organization, 1290 would soon find themselves without press passes, on the outside looking in.

Thai jet*

Oct 23, 2014
Thailand
Chipman OWNS the media in this town, when it comes to the NHL and certainly the Jets. The best interest of 1290, is to appease their master. If they started to question the Jets organization, 1290 would soon find themselves without press passes, on the outside looking in.

Plus the team determines the broadcast rights holder

wpgfishfan

Apr 1, 2014

This 100%

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
I'm pretty fed up with Westwood. Way too self righteousness. Slips in his political digs as well.

To each their own, I guess.

Westwood continues to grow on me. He's spent a lot of effort learning the analytic side of the game. His opinions are well informed. He sticks to his guns and doesn't roll over when challenged on his opinions. He'll call you out if you say something stupid or ill-informed.

In the crazy and divided political environment going on across the world, I fully understand people being more vocal on their thoughts. So I tip my hat to him. I figure folks can write whatever they want on a personal twitter account. I haven't heard him mention politics stuff much on the radio, but I don't listen to every show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad