TSN Radio: 1290 am - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
lol...poor Toth. He so wants to be a funny guy. He keeps referring to Festivus from Seinfeld. Unfortunately when he re-tells the bit where Frank Costanza explains how Festivus came about, he replaces the classic line "...and as I rained blows upon him I realized there has to be a better way!" with something much less funny like "and as I fought with the fellow over the doll..." Sorry, but without "as I rained blows upon him" it just ain't the same gag Jim. Do better. lol

Currently the worst thing on 1290 is not Toth's commentary, but the resurrection of that incredibly creepy commercial with Liebl and Westwood about the spa place on Corydon. Lots of sports double entendres and Westy's voice in the commercial is particularly creepy .

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Currently the worst thing on 1290 is not Toth's commentary, but the resurrection of that incredibly creepy commercial with Liebl and Westwood about the spa place on Corydon. Lots of sports double entendres and Westy's voice in the commercial is particularly creepy .

Didn't work huh?

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
lol, what r u smoking? Westwood would pulverize Toth.

I find Toth just endlessly annoying to listen to. He can't get through 20 seconds without saying "and that's my point..." and then saying something different than whatever he had said just before saying "and that's my point." His thoughts are a constantly morphing, endlessly shifting stream of nonsense ftmp - and he has to try and back them up with make believe stories about "locker room and/or airplane conversations" he had a year ago or something.

Westwood is about 50, 5'9", 175 lbs

Toth is around 35, 6'3", 225 lbs

I'd put my money on Toth with the TKO;)

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Just listening to Toth trying to rationalize Mo's decision to play Hutch instead of Helly against Columbus. Honestly, the weird convolutions he goes through to make "his point"..."that's my point"..."and that's the point I'm making"..."and that goes back to my point..." ugh.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Not a 1290 issue per se, but holy crap can they fix the audio on the Roundtable simulcast?

Rick's audio is fine, but his guests sound like they're talking through a tin can phone. Wonder if this is just an issue with the TSN SD channel (Shaw channel 10, specifically).

Last edited:

kxx

the great southern threadkill
Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
Sorry to revive this thread ... but even some of the posters I disagree with on this board at least present compelling points. I have started listening to 1290 and ... wow just... wow.

Zippity

Feb 3, 2013
The play by play guy on 1290 is annoying to hear after awhile with his screaming.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Lol...toth. "I guarantee you someone in that room if it comes down to choosing between two players for the all star game, someone will say well that guy has never been penalized for diving."

Westwood - laughter.

This is in reference to the notion that maybe Ehlers should be there. Toth's rambling at times borders on lunacy. And yet, he never backs down from anything he's surmised...he just endlessly adjusts the goal posts and hunkers down.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Lol...toth. "I guarantee you someone in that room if it comes down to choosing between two players for the all star game, someone will say well that guy has never been penalized for diving."

Westwood - laughter.

This is in reference to the notion that maybe Ehlers should be there. Toth's rambling at times borders on lunacy. And yet, he never backs down from anything he's surmised...he just endlessly adjusts the goal posts and hunkers down.

"That's what I'm saying" :laugh:

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
I'm actually enjoying the chemistry of the three at the moment. And Jim does bring a lot of humour. I like that the most sensible of the three, Rewicky, says the least. Their number one job is entertainment, not nailing the analysis.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I'm actually enjoying the chemistry of the three at the moment. And Jim does bring a lot of humour. I like that the most sensible of the three, Rewicky, says the least. Their number one job is entertainment, not nailing the analysis.

You think Toth is funny? :help:

What is up with that high-pitched squeal thing he does constantly?? So weird!

Thai jet*

Oct 23, 2014
Thailand
Looks like most of the lapdog local sports media are out commenting on this thread defending their masters. Question for those guys.
If you think a new goaltending coach won't help what will? Just stay the course? Do we ever get to the point where there is too much losing for even you guys?

Zippity

Feb 3, 2013
Looks like most of the lapdog local sports media are out commenting on this thread defending their masters. Question for those guys.
If you think a new goaltending coach won't help what will? Just stay the course? Do we ever get to the point where there is too much losing for even you guys?
It is amazing how much 1290 doesn't say too much bad about the jets.....Bob Mckenzie put them in their place

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Toth to Westwood - "do you want to do the show yourself?"

Man...the dynamic on the bs sucks. Westwood obviously can't stand Toth. I feel the same way, but it's not fun listening to this...

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Toth to Westwood - "do you want to do the show yourself?"

Man...the dynamic on the bs sucks. Westwood obviously can't stand Toth. I feel the same way, but it's not fun listening to this...

Toth sucks. His only backup for his opinions is how he used to hang around the Moose. Did you hear he used to report on the Moose? Give it a minute he will tell you again. He loves to drop that one anytime someone tries to use silly things like stats or facts.

Lorenzo1000

Sep 8, 2003
Winnipeg
Right or wrong you are not allowed to have an opinion that doesn't agree with Troy Westwood's. He will talk over you no matter what you are saying. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Toth is a complete dinosaur. Despises proper use of stats in any way (uses eye test only & poorly at that). Still believes that Pavs is a good goalie -- you can just hear it in his conversations today.

If they brought him in to generate controvery, well done. If they brought him in to provide any substance, nothing doing.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Right or wrong you are not allowed to have an opinion that doesn't agree with Troy Westwood's. He will talk over you no matter what you are saying. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

yeah, well he isn't normally that bad. Like I say, he's having a hard time dealing with Toth - who actually does fit your description.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad