12 years since Habs-Caps Game 6 Halak 53 save night

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
22years?! IM NOT THAT OLD YET

It's 12 yesrs ago

I remember I was at the game3 or 4 and Price let in 6 goals. Everyone was screaming for Halak to get back in there. I was even bullied for wearing my Price jersey. These playoffs were crazy

Last edited:

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
22years?! IM NOT THAT OLD YET

It's 12 yesrs ago

I remember I was at the game3 or 4 and Price let in 6 goals. Everyone was screaming for Halak to get back in there. I was even bullied for wearing my Price jersey. These playoffs were crazy
Carey Price flipped off the home crowd with that infamous both shoulders shrug. Habs management was debating whether to keep
Halak over price, but cooler heads prevailed at the end.

Hansman

Mar 18, 2013
Wild West

A bit OT but its 12 years to the day since Halak had that crazy game 6 performance against Washington and since Subban made his playoff debut.

That was some run. You had clutch performances and a complete fluke run to the conference finals where there was a 7v8 seed matchup.

I have seen great performances from the Habs all through the 70s but watching Halak stonewall Washington and Pittsburgh that year was unbelievable and my most memorable.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
And it's been 35 years since i brought my dad to a Habs v Caps game. He hadnt seen a game live prior.. couldnt wait to see all the plays, speed, scoring, cheers... we scalped tickets. Last row in the old forum.

And...... 0-0... womp womp.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
A bit OT but its 12 years to the day since Halak had that crazy game 6 performance against Washington and since Subban made his playoff debut.
I still have vivid memories of one of Subban's first playoff games, pretty sure it was against the Bruins. He was sitting at the point, took a big slap shot that went wide, the puck was cycled around and eventually came back to him. He jumped up and down to dig his heels in the ice and took another huge slapper than went in. What a beauty! Miss those days, I hope can draft talent again soon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad