Post-Game Talk: #12 | Kings at Flyers | November 4, 2023 | Loss 5-0

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
It's supposed to reward the best defensive forward, not the best two way forward.
Point is however you dice it, Cates was above average as a 3C last year.
He's still learning on the job, but he's a core piece going forward due to his versatility.

He wasnt a 3C. And as a 1C/2C he wasn't above average, especially if you are being consistent with your own dogma regarding roles. Are you being consistent?

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
They only played 8 games?

Hart hasn't exactly kept this team afloat, now Boston, when your two goalies combined for .938 Sv%, that's keeping a team afloat.
Hart has played 8 games...

Errson 4 and Peterson 1.

So now be cause the data doesn't support your view you'll claim sample size. Yet you threw the team number out first like it was a fair sample size to use. I just dug deeper into your number.

Reactions: Cody Webster

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Is this really a mystery?

This board is mostly a clique of like-minded people, where opposing opinions are shouted down or worse. I’m sure there are boards where the inverse would be true.

Somehow you're the only person with this problem. Others here disagree and discuss all the time. You somehow miss it.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Hart has played 8 games...

Errson 4 and Peterson 1.

So now be cause the data doesn't support your view you'll claim sample size. Yet you threw the team number out first like it was a fair sample size to use. I just dug deeper into your number.
You can make the converse argument that if Ersson played like an average goalie, Flyers would be in the playoff hunt. Backups matter, they'll play 30+ games (depending on Hart's health).

The metrics say this team is much improved over last season, doesn't mean there isn't a lot of work to do, but the arrow is pointing up. They're one of the youngest teams in the league now, and will get younger the next couple seasons, with a stacked prospect pipeline and extra draft picks in their coffers.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
You can make the converse argument that if Ersson played like an average goalie, Flyers would be in the playoff hunt. Backups matter, they'll play 30+ games (depending on Hart's health).

The metrics say this team is much improved over last season, doesn't mean there isn't a lot of work to do, but the arrow is pointing up. They're one of the youngest teams in the league now, and will get younger the next couple seasons, with a stacked prospect pipeline and extra draft picks in their coffers.
If Hart misses 6 weeks right now this team is cooked. Errson would have to play himself out of the slump really soon, if he is in a slump.

Prospects are prospects until they prove it at the NHL level. We've been sold the bill of goods about the prospect pool before and it's one that you have bashed after they fizzled to try to defend Fletcher before he got fired.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Somehow you're the only person with this problem. Others here disagree and discuss all the time. You somehow miss it.
Yes, this board is truly teeming with diverse opinions, civil disagreements, & free speech.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
If Hart misses 6 weeks right now this team is cooked. Errson would have to play himself out of the slump really soon, if he is in a slump.

Prospects are prospects until they prove it at the NHL level. We've been sold the bill of goods about the prospect pool before and it's one that you have bashed after they fizzled to try to defend Fletcher before he got fired.
I've been told that Ciernak is "can't miss."

Prospects have different probabilities of success, Michkov is probably as close to a sure thing as you can find, so far most of their draft picks from last season are having solid D+1 seasons, a good sign. Other players are stepping up in their D+2, D+3, McLaughlin, Tuomaala, Kaplan, Desnoyers, etc.

Some are close enough to trust, like Andrae, others are less certain.
You don't have to hit on all your picks, you have to hit on enough.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Prospects have different probabilities of success, Michkov is probably as close to a sure thing as you can find, so far most of their draft picks from last season are having solid D+1 seasons, a good sign. Other players are stepping up in their D+2, D+3, McLaughlin, Tuomaala, Kaplan, Desnoyers, etc.

Who told you Ciernak is can't miss? Me? I'm the only idiot who insists on that. And I wouldn't take it terribly seriously.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC

Hart has played twice as many games, his high level of play has double the impact of dragging up the Flyers point totals than Ersson's games have dragging them down.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell

Michkov can be McDavid for all that matters....

You can hit on enough picks and still flounder in mediocrity.

Last edited:

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell

Ciernik?????

Cause Ciernak is the Defenseman on Tampa..

• Haha
Reactions: Cody Webster

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad