Post-Game Talk: 12 January 2014 Minnesota Wild vs. Nashville Predators (Suter's back edition)

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net

:wildMINNESOTA WILD (24-18-5) at NASHVILLE PREDATORS (19-20-7) :nashville
6:00 PM, Sunday, January 12, 2014, at the Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, Tennessee

Television Info: Fox Sports Tennessee; Fox Sports North-Plus
Radio Info: Preds Radio Network Flagship - 102.5-FM The Game Radio Network; Network Affiliates (Location list - PDF File); Sirius XM 216
Listen Online here

Preview:

---

No frills. No fancy-schmancy graphics or line info. We're big boys and girls.

We know the storyline: their big-time defenseman left us, the team that drafted him, for the cold climes of Saint Paul - and our former owner, who nearly let us become the Hamilton Predators.

We don't have our starting goaltender, and we've been a Jekyll-and-Hyde team since. For the first time in 15 years, we have people in the fanbase openly calling for the coach's firing - and the same calling for the GM's firing as well.

Life is not good in Smashville at the moment.

But... Sometimes you gotta play it one night at a time. One shift, one period, one game at a time.

A win here would be nice. Not very likely, but nice.

On with the discussion.

Last edited:

Predsfan78

Ambassador
Jul 24, 2010
Nashville

:wildMINNESOTA WILD (24-18-5) at NASHVILLE PREDATORS (19-20-7) :nashville
6:00 PM, Sunday, January 12, 2014, at the Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, Tennessee

Television Info: Fox Sports Tennessee; Fox Sports North-Plus
Radio Info: Preds Radio Network Flagship - 102.5-FM The Game Radio Network; Network Affiliates (Location list - PDF File); Sirius XM 216
Listen Online here

Preview:

---

No frills. No fancy-schmancy graphics or line info. We're big boys and girls.

We know the storyline: their big-time defenseman left us, the team that drafted him, for the cold climes of Saint Paul - and our former owner, who nearly let us become the Hamilton Predators.

We don't have our starting goaltender, and we've been a Jekyll-and-Hyde team since. For the first time in 15 years, we have people in the fanbase openly calling for the coach's firing - and the same calling for the GM's firing as well.

Life is not good in Smashville at the moment.

But... Sometimes you gotta play it one night at a time. One shift, one period, one game at a time.

A win here would be nice. Not very likely, but nice.

On with the discussion.

Great GDT, bud. A win would be great. GO Preds!

gratefulpred

Eternal Optimist
Jun 27, 2011
Almo Heights, KY
Ah yes since the Forces of Evil left for the Eastern Conference this is the new team I love to hate!

Drinking a little tea with honey this morning so I can boo to my heart's content tonight

Go Preds!

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Hornqvist is back in tonight. Yay. I am guessing Clune or Bourque will be out. Finally get Nystrom off the line with Fisher and Wilson.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
I have no doubts Maz will be in tonight in a must win game. We lose tonight and we can kiss any hopes of making the playoffs goodbye. It is the difference between being 6 pts behind and 10 pts behind. Yotes and Stars have got 2 games in hand on us.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
I have no doubts Maz will be in tonight in a must win game. We lose tonight and we can kiss any hopes of making the playoffs goodbye. It is the difference between being 6 pts behind and 10 pts behind. Yotes and Stars have got 2 games in hand on us.

We're toast anyway guy, too many teams to have to contend with ... we haven't played .700 hockey all year long (what'll be required the rest of the way) :(

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Seriously, we are seeing the backup goalie at a crazy clip. 4 of the last 7 games (including tonight). 8 of the last 20 against a backup.

Last edited:

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Blummer in the Mild's lineup; wouldn't it be wonderful to have a tribute video and standing O for HIM, while Fredo watches????

:laugh:

I can't help but be interested in how he plays though. Just as long as he doesn't do anything offensively that is.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00