Post-Game Talk: #12: FLYERS 4 at Devils 3 (1-0 shootout), Friday, Nov. 1, 2019, 7:00 pm ET

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I'm glad we won but this game was excruciating.

Outside of the Couts line, none of the forwards showed much of anything except Farabee.
I guess Rubtsov looked good and I don't know if it's his influence, but this was probably Stewart's best game?

Overall I think the defense played well, especially Provorov. Myers had a gaffe on the first goal, Braun got undressed on the Hall goal. Sanheim falling down is inexplicable. Is the PK a problem again?

It was one of those games where everybody watching won when the final horn sounded.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Flyers have 16 games in 30 days this month. It shouldn't even be up for debate.

Yup. Every other game rotate until someone plays in a way where you can't justify sittng them. I'm glad Hart got the W today, but if were being honest, he didnt exactly play great. Keep him hungry.

We should also start rotating our forwards too. Give Stewie a breather for the next 70 games or so.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Raffl just can't pass the puck.

No idea why the first line is trying to dump and chase. I'm going to call it a coaching issue. It's not like they have Lindros and LeClair on that line.

I said during the game that the top two lines need to be allowed to have controlled entry. I don't want Voracek and JVR trying to win in the corners. That isn't their strength. Play to what they are good at.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I said during the game that the top two lines need to be allowed to have controlled entry. I don't want Voracek and JVR trying to win in the corners. That isn't their strength. Play to what they are good at.

I would put Jake and Pigeon with CamelToeFace on the fourth line until they play their way out of their funk, and then immediately afterwards trade Hayes.

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
AV forces his face to brighten up about Giroux. In the middle of a bunch of other stuff, raises his head and voice: "our captain battled hard tonight"

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
If you notice Giroux is still very involved defensively, as he should be. He probably would be more effective if he had less defensive responsibility and someone to carry the puck once in a while. I think Giroux can work with Voracek if they're wingers but he needs to conserve his energy a bit.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
This is longterm planning.

High five.

4WrKvVV.jpg

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

I mean, I think both are good with board battles...

BUT in an ideal world they are not "the" guy going in first to win them.

As JvR is most effective when he can camp net the net.
And Jake is at his best when he can get in on the cycle and find seams.

That is why Raffl weirdly worked very well with G-V for a while I think. And why Hartnell did.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad