Post-Game Talk: #12: FLYERS 4 at Devils 3 (1-0 shootout), Friday, Nov. 1, 2019, 7:00 pm ET

Angry Hockey Dad

Eat up Johnny
May 30, 2013
Canada
Holy shit Couts

source.gif

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Please keep Voracek out of our top 3 shootout shooters. G, Farabee, Couts

Why? He's still one of our best shootout guys? Should G not be there because he didn't score either?

It was an ugly win, but f*** me do they need to switch G and Voracek. The fact that this PP has ZERO ability to do one timers with the way they are set up is f***ing disgusting.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
I didn't get to watch the entire game (watched half of the 2nd period through) and I have to say this is just another game that makes me want to move on from Voracek. If for some reason they aren't a close lock to make the playoffs I'd prefer to trade him. Heck maybe even call up Frost and see what's there.

Reactions: tucson83

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Why? He's still one of our best shootout guys? Should G not be there because he didn't score either?

It was an ugly win, but **** me do they need to switch G and Voracek. The fact that this PP has ZERO ability to do one timers with the way they are set up is ****ing disgusting.

With our putrid record, time for some new shooters.

Tk, Oskar, Farabee,

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The good:
-Hart let in two weak goals, but has been great in shootouts so far
-Great try by Giroux
-Great goal by Couts, hopefully he's not hurt
-Farabee gets his first
-Ghost ALMOST had it in OT and played well otherwise
-TK still dangerous all the time
-Lindblom playing great
-Arab ghost hunters

The bad:
-They clearly need to change the lines... they were broken from the start but they won some games in spite of it, so they kept it too long
-Obviously they need to fix the PP unit
-Braun sucks, Ghost goes from "bad partner" to "slightly less bad but still really bad partner"
-Stewart
-Sanheim still isn't on the PP

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Stewie was first off the bench after the game to congratulate Carter. Chuck has chub.

The xGF% metrics do not look favorable tonight. Losing that battle to the lowly Devils is probably a pretty bad sign. 14, 23, 11, 6, and 5 were the only players in the positive with xGF%.

The JVR - G - Jake got freaking smoked tonight 5v5. It can't be anymore obvious that Giroux belongs on the wing. Why is this so difficult to grasp?

Congrats to Joel Farabee.

Hopefully this is a confidence boost for Carter despite the weak goals in regulation.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Braun has got to go. Guy is a joke and takes up too much cap. Some how the worst love by Fletcher over even Stewart.

I also really want to trade Voracek and call up Frost.

Reactions: mmvvpp

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
I have a feeling Toronto’s offense is gonna walk the Flyers tomorrow night.
Cock likes to spend the whole game chasing matchups. Rule number one is once you identify what line he likes to play Matthews against then just limit their icetime. It's how Marleau ended up playing more than Austin M in elimination game last playoffs.

cheesesteak

Jul 3, 2011

It was an ugly win, but **** me do they need to switch G and Voracek. The fact that this PP has ZERO ability to do one timers with the way they are set up is ****ing disgusting.

He’s never been good in the shootouts. Always looks hesitant and like he doesn’t know what he wants to do. Giroux has proven himself as a great shootout player with his endless highlight reel. Voracek is an inaccurate shooter and struggles getting the puck up high enough to beat goalies consistently on dekes...IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad