Post-Game Talk: #12: FLYERS 4 at Devils 3 (1-0 shootout), Friday, Nov. 1, 2019, 7:00 pm ET

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I really really really really really want Frost to center Giroux. I think he needs someone with young legs who can carry play and make zone entries and also score.

FFS we are without Patrick and Laughton. I couldn't have imagined in preseason that Frost wouldn't be on the team under those circumstances.

Giroux-Frost-Farabee
Lindblom-Couts-TK
JVR-Hayes-Voracek
Raffl-Rubtsov-Pitlick

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Stewie was first off the bench after the game to congratulate Carter. Chuck has chub.

The xGF% metrics do not look favorable tonight. Losing that battle to the lowly Devils is probably a pretty bad sign. 14, 23, 11, 6, and 5 were the only players in the positive with xGF%.

The JVR - G - Jake got freaking smoked tonight 5v5. It can't be anymore obvious that Giroux belongs on the wing. Why is this so difficult to grasp?

Congrats to Joel Farabee.

Hopefully this is a confidence boost for Carter despite the weak goals in regulation.
While I agree that he should be a winger to have the optimal lines, it doesn't help that he's had JVR with him every time he's been at C for the last two years. It's just not a good fit, especially with Voracek on the other side.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
While I agree that he should be a winger to have the optimal lines, it doesn't help that he's had JVR with him every time he's been at C for the last two years. It's just not a good fit, especially with Voracek on the other side.

Oskar G Jake
JVR Couts TK

Try this ?

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I really really really really really want Frost to center Giroux. I think he needs someone with young legs who can carry play and make zone entries and also score.

FFS we are without Patrick and Laughton. I couldn't have imagined in preseason that Frost wouldn't be on the team under those circumstances.

Giroux-Frost-Farabee
Lindblom-Couts-TK
JVR-Hayes-Voracek
Raffl-Rubtsov-Pitlick

Yea if someone told me we were down our 3C and 4C and Frost wasn’t up I’d be surprised. He needs to come up now. I don’t get why they don’t just stack the lineup from the beginning. Now we are .500 after playing almost 20% of the season. It’s a waste

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
Is coots hurt. Not taking draws with one of the best percentages in the league. And giroux seemed to loose more than normal tonight. Although the refs seemed to hold the puck longer

Reactions: TheKingPin

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
This was a rough "win."

Giroux was the sole bright spot on his line. JVR and Voracek were hideous and they should be beaten vigorously with rubber hoses. Braun should be sent into forced retirement at a labor camp producing rubber hoses. The three of them can produce a sustaining cycle.

Raffl had some shining moments. Giroux made far more space at 5v5 than he managed at 3v3 and I'm very confused by that. Hope that 3rd and SO are something Hart builds on.

It's a poor game plan to ever dump the puck in against Subban unless he's having a bad game.

Pretty please stop it with this PP. The handling of the PP has me thinking that nobody on the coaching staff should be allowed to operate heavy machinery. Or light machinery. Or anything more complex than a blunt stick. f*** it, maybe that's the problem, pens, markers, and pencils are too dangerous for their stunted minds to handle so nobody is actually planning this stuff out.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Is coots hurt. Not taking draws with one of the best percentages in the league. And giroux seemed to loose more than normal tonight. Although the refs seemed to hold the puck longer
Didn’t he have some issue in the offseason?

He also looked labored after getting hit in ot by the bench

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004

Speculation has led to some sort of injury. Considering his success in that role, it isn't as if he is being punished by not taking draws.

Last edited:
Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
This was a rough "win."

Giroux was the sole bright spot on his line. JVR and Voracek were hideous and they should be beaten vigorously with rubber hoses. Braun should be sent into forced retirement at a labor camp producing rubber hoses. The three of them can produce a sustaining cycle.

Raffl had some shining moments. Giroux made far more space at 5v5 than he managed at 3v3 and I'm very confused by that. Hope that 3rd and SO are something Hart builds on.

It's a poor game plan to ever dump the puck in against Subban unless he's having a bad game.

Raffl just can't pass the puck.

No idea why the first line is trying to dump and chase. I'm going to call it a coaching issue. It's not like they have Lindros and LeClair on that line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad