GDT: 12/9/23 -- CAR (#1) @ VAN (#18)

ndp

Hurricanes Pessimist
Oct 29, 2015
VAN is on a roll right now. Still riding that new coach high, and legit stars. I’d probably trade any player on the Canes for Hughes or Petterson.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Seattle is struggling trying to find a partner that a trade would make sense for a shakeup. Maybe Francis would want Necas back?

ndp

Hurricanes Pessimist
Oct 29, 2015
We’ve got just a bunch of good not great players
Kinda like the head coach?

I’m overly harsh on Rod, but I truly believe it would take an almost McDavid like talent to have an elite scorer on the Hurricanes. It’s just not how the forwards are developed and coached to play.

Reactions: User13452

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Aho hasn’t been great but when has this guy ever had a true top line winger to play with like all these other guys in the league

Reactions: AhosDatsyukian

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Our top 6 just needs to be so much better. Bunting and KK were glued to the bench in 3rd.
As they should and necas should have joined them. kk is back to being the guy we’ve seen who’s just meh now it looks like we need a true 2nd line centre again

Reactions: Daeavorn

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Our top 6 has been invisible this entire road trip. Noesen, Drury, etc have been doing their part, but they can’t do everything.
And the goaltending is what it is.

But the biggest thing I noticed was there was no anger on the bench as the final horn sounded. Just a lot of acceptance.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Our top 6 has been invisible this entire road trip. Noesen, Drury, etc have been doing their part, but they can’t do everything.
And the goaltending is what it is.

But the biggest thing I noticed was there was no anger on the bench as the final horn sounded. Just a lot of acceptance.
It’s on Don now to figure out some kind of move preferably a goalie and it better happen soon cause we are getting passed in the metro now

ndp

Hurricanes Pessimist
Oct 29, 2015
I’m ready for a rookie call up. Sit Necas or somebody for a game or two. Call up somebody with some offensive punch who’s ready to have some fun and enjoy just enjoy playing some games in the NHL. Might change the mood in the room a bit?

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
I’m ready for a rookie call up. Sit Necas or somebody for a game or two. Call up somebody with some offensive punch who’s ready to have some fun and enjoy just enjoy playing some games in the NHL. Might change the mood in the room a bit?
Definitely can’t hurt that’s for sure

User13452

Jan 7, 2022

Maybe being back in the underdog role once more will help bring them back to life.

Only way out is together but some guys still aren’t buying in. There’s just not enough scoring to outscore the goaltending issues right now and the pp is pathetic

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Talk is cheap.
491426-policeiskaya-akademiya-3-perepodgotovka-police-academy-3-back-in-training.jpg

Reactions: geehaad and Chrispy

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
I'll say it again

0 point road trip incoming and I don't even care any more. I said when we lost the first game and got murdered this looks like the road trip that could break the back of this season and net us zero points. Here we are.

I'm looking at this team with as much Apathy as I did in 2015.

Sorry not sorry this shit was obvious since the first handful of games. Player meetings and talk isn't going to do shit. Thank God we can blow it up this year.

But hey we can always do the just miss the playoffs middling thing to get shitty picks and shitty results.

f*** literally like 90 percent of this team at this point lol.

Yo aho got his contract now he can f*** off and count his money right?

Lollertrash product.

When noesen and Chatfield are your must sign guys.... you've got a dark outlook.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Aho needs to look in the mirror.

Got the huge contract and is the top paid player but he is mailing it in almost every night right now. TT-Jarvis-KK same. Necas has mostly tried but he makes too many mistakes (plus seems so demoralized he didn’t even celebrate when on ice for one of the teams goal <Skeji I think>).

RBA is not a quitter but anyone coach would say sayonara (or be told) to this group. Plus, Turtle neck Donnie your roster moves have sucked and it started with the AHL-ECHL clown show move this offseason.

On track to not make the playoffs and at the same time be positioned for a meh middle first draft pick.

Any sunshiners left to retort?

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
November 2009 vibes in the air. Will be interesting to see how Dundon reacts to this. Not sure car loan ripoff tactics can fix. They better start dusting off the Caniac Coach, because that attendance rate is about to go off a cliff, book it.

Reactions: Borsig

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Absolutely. Here's my retort:

Life is bigger than a hockey game. Way, way bigger. Go do something nice for somebody.

I've wasted too much of my life being mad about stuff like this, and I regret it.
As a corollary to this, I've had enough Bad Days in my life that a bad hockey game isn't enough to upset me. All of my grandparents have passed away (three due to cancer, another from a heart attack on Superbowl Sunday). In 2011 I broke my collarbone. In 2018 I went to a movie and came home to find the City of Raleigh had backflowed hundred of gallons of sewage water into my home (they refused to pay for the damages). In 2020 I lost my job due to Covid (the restaurant where I worked was originally shut down 'temporarily', then that became permanent).

Those were Bad Days, and I've had many more I won't mention here. I'm sure every single person here over the age of 13 has had many of their own. Don't sweat the small stuff, folks. Hockey is definitely the small stuff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad