Recalled/Assigned: 12/8 Karlsson

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I guess I should've checked that haha. He's a smart, safe player like McCarthy but isn't just a warm body at the NHL level like he was. He brings more to the team.

jarr92

May 7, 2013
Ya, 'bad skater' doesn't always mean the player is slow.

He was quite good last night. It's one game against a bad team and all but what impressed me about his game in Worcester were the same things that stood out last night which is a really good thing.

exactly this, his game last night looked exactly like the majority of his games in worcester so far. now let's see if he can continue against teams that aren't horrible.. minnesota should be a good indicator :nod:

Anton96

Jan 6, 2015
Silkeborg
Great goal by Karlsson! Definently shows good signs, and in my eyes a player we should try to keep for the next few years, with Jumbo Joe and Patty getting older. Also, i like seeing him retaliate against the Wild player after the goal, shows great spirit!

19sharks19

Mar 16, 2006
T.O. to S.J. & back
Great goal by Karlsson! Definently shows good signs, and in my eyes a player we should try to keep for the next few years, with Jumbo Joe and Patty getting older. Also, i like seeing him retaliate against the Wild player after the goal, shows great spirit!

Agree. Would like to see him alongside Jumbo and Pav's when Jumbo returns

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Agree. Would like to see him alongside Jumbo and Pav's when Jumbo returns

If he can keep up this level of play (not production, just play), he's basically the Burns replacement that we've been in dire need of after not acquiring one. He looks like he does well with Pavelski.

Honestly, depending on what happens when Thornton gets back, I wouldn't be completely against this lineup

Hertl-Thornton-Wingels
Karlsson-Couture-Pavelski
Marleau-Sheppard-Nieto
Kennedy-Desjardins-Goodrow

This splits up our two best offensive players and gives us a very good shutdown 3rd line with that can also score. Really though, with the play of Karlsson and Goodrow, as well as the eventual return or Thornton and Kennedy, our forward lines are actually looking really good, and there's a lot of different things we can do.

jMoneyBrah

Jan 10, 2013
South Bay
If he can keep up this level of play (not production, just play), he's basically the Burns replacement that we've been in dire need of after not acquiring one. He looks like he does well with Pavelski.

Honestly, depending on what happens when Thornton gets back, I wouldn't be completely against this lineup

Hertl-Thornton-Wingels
Karlsson-Couture-Pavelski
Marleau-Sheppard-Nieto
Kennedy-Desjardins-Goodrow

This splits up our two best offensive players and gives us a very good shutdown 3rd line with that can also score. Really though, with the play of Karlsson and Goodrow, as well as the eventual return or Thornton and Kennedy, our forward lines are actually looking really good, and there's a lot of different things we can do.

I'd like to see something like:
Karlsson - Thornton - Pavelski
Hertl - Couture - Wingels
Marleau - Sheppard - Nieto
Kennedy - Desjardins - Goodrow

Karlson - Jumbo - Pavs is about as close to an Ekman - Jumbo - Cheechoo analogue as you are going to be able to build out of this roster. It also keeps a right handed shot in Jumbos wing, which I believe is important.

Also I think it's time to move Marleau down the lineup for a short period to see if that can spark something from him.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00