Recalled/Assigned: 12/8 Karlsson

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
http://www.csnbayarea.com/sharks/sharks-kennedy-out-indefinitely-forward-way-ahl

The Sharks are expected to recall a forward from AHL Worcester in time for their home game on Tuesday against Edmonton.

Candidates for recall include Chris Tierney, who has one goal and nine assists in 12 games since he was reassigned from San Jose on Nov. 6; Freddie Hamilton, who has 13 points in 22 games; Daniil Tarasov, Worcester’s leading scorer with 14 points in 21 games, and Melker Karlsson, who has five goals and five assists in 20 games.

Vote rightcher.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I'm hoping for Tarasov since they need some scoring pop. Put him on Thornton's wing and move Hertl to Sheppard's wing.

I'm guessing it'll be Tierney or Hamilton though.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
I know its not possible, but am I the only one who wants Goldobin?

Timo Time

73-9
Feb 21, 2012
San Jose, CA
My guess is on Tierney simply because he's already played some here and that is probably enough for him to be brought over again.

jMoneyBrah

Jan 10, 2013
South Bay
I'd like to see Tarasov brought up. I'd like to see if he can translate his offense to the NHL level, and give him a taste of the big show. I think it might do him some good, and worry he might run out of patience if the org doesn't show him he has a legit shot in the next season or two.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Seems that Karlsson is the one that's been brought up.

Not sure I agree he's the right player but he's been pretty good in Worcester so far.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
He's already in SJ (or is supposed to be)...

I'm sure he arrived yesterday but the Sharks stayed off the ice.

I'm wondering when Hamilton runs out of patience with this org.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Hamilton hasn't exactly been on fire recently. He not really creating many good chances for himself nor has he played well in a long while.

I've been watching them play regularly, don't really agree that he hasn't played well in a long while.

Either way it wouldn't surprise me much if this is his last season with the org.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
@PollakOnSharks 26m26 minutes ago

#SJSharks have called up Melker Karlsson from WOR. Per @CurtisPashelka (Merc coverage today), he took 3rd line rushes w/15 and 83/89 combo.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Young gun playing well in his 1st season in NA. We're going to lose this game anyway, so why not?

He isn't really all that young.

What kind of game does he play?

He's another one of those works hard, good defensively not a lot offensive pop players. He knows where to be on the ice (both offensively and defensively) and seems to have some decent playmaking skills, at least in the AHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad