Recalled/Assigned: 12/8 Karlsson

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
He isn't really all that young.

He's another one of those works hard, good defensively not a lot offensive pop players. He knows where to be on the ice (both offensively and defensively) and seems to have some decent playmaking skills, at least in the AHL.

24 is pretty young...

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Someone in the swedish section asked about Karlsson.

He is a two-way player that works hard. Thats it.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
Glad to see a new face but I preferred to see Tarasov. Shep needs some skill and speed to work with. Not sure what he can do with McGinn/Goodrow and Karlsson.

jarr92

May 7, 2013
Eliteprospects(grain of salt) claims he's a grinder that is tough to play against.

Not the best skater.

Decent hands.

really? i've watched a couple of his ahl games and he definitely seemed like one of the faster skaters out there. i guess we will see tonight..

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
really? i've watched a couple of his ahl games and he definitely seemed like one of the faster skaters out there. i guess we will see tonight..

He has good speed, but he isn't an agile skater. He fell twice while turning with no contact early in the 1st

SurMartin

Jul 26, 2010
København/Skellefteå
He can skate pretty fast but it doesn't look pretty. Underrated hands and showed last season in Sweden that he was great at deflecting shots. But first and foremost he is a grinder and a defensive guy (his nickname among fans in Sweden was "Kamikaze-Karlsson".)

Nice to see him get a shot in the big league, second guy from a little town of 8000 inhabitants to get to step put on NHL-ice, the second being his best friend (and more highly touted) David Rundblad.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
He can skate pretty fast but it doesn't look pretty. Underrated hands and showed last season in Sweden that he was great at deflecting shots. But first and foremost he is a grinder and a defensive guy (his nickname among fans in Sweden was "Kamikaze-Karlsson".)

Nice to see him get a shot in the big league, second guy from a little town of 8000 inhabitants to get to step put on NHL-ice, the second being his best friend (and more highly touted) David Rundblad.

Ya, 'bad skater' doesn't always mean the player is slow.

He was quite good last night. It's one game against a bad team and all but what impressed me about his game in Worcester were the same things that stood out last night which is a really good thing.

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
Seems like a guy whos capable of getting you 8-15goals a season, with the potential to earn pts in other ways. I liked his energy.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Is he generally a center or a winger? I saw him take a number of face-offs last night.

He's played both in Worcester and I believe he was mostly used at center in his last year in Sweden but I didn't see too much of him there so I'm not 100% sure.

AgentCooper

May 10, 2009
Boston
He's played both in Worcester and I believe he was mostly used at center in his last year in Sweden but I didn't see too much of him there so I'm not 100% sure.

Interesting, thanks. I'd be willing to part with Desjardins at the deadline if we can get a pick for him, and I was thinking Karlsson could potentially be a long-term replacement.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Interesting, thanks. I'd be willing to part with Desjardins at the deadline if we can get a pick for him, and I was thinking Karlsson could potentially be a long-term replacement.

Possibly but I certainly wouldn't jump to any conclusions on Karlsson based on one game against a bad team.

ScottyDont

Aug 30, 2010
Philly (<3 in SJ)

As we'll likely not be in a real spot to contend, and between Hamilton, Tierney and Sheppard, I think we could safely trade Desi at this point for anything we can get.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands

Yeah that report was whatever.

He looked a lot better than I expected.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad