GDT: 12/7: Boston Bruins vs. Injured Birds | 7pm ET | NHLN, NESN, 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whiskey Sam

Puck Monkey
Oct 22, 2008
The Old Dominion
NHLN is still calling Orpik's hit a clean hit and how Thornton was wrong to try to fight him. There's your official propaganda line from the league. Jeff O'Neill is full of ****.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I'd pay money to see Neal vs Lucic, but that sackless POS wont dare. He shouldn't be allowed to get away with that knee, even if he got a punch in the face while on the ice.

I don't usually advocate the use of a sucker punch, but Neal deserves one more than anyone I've ever seen.

OutspokenMinority*

IMO Neal should be suspended 10 games minimum. But I don't think he'll get anything- the ref only called a two minute minor, which means he didn't think it was so bad and Marchand was not injured. Plus most of the media attention has been directed to Thornton taking out Orpik, so Neal's bush league maneuver has been pushed to the back burner [did you see NHLN at intermission- all Thornton/Orpik for the most part].

I just don't think the league has the guts to suspend him. I will be very surprised and delighted if they do.

i assure you, he will. the only question is how long. if he's never had an issue before, and because marchand didn't leave the game, he might only get 2. 4 should be the minimum, and 10 should be the message-sending response.

i don't know how long it will be, but i know for a fact he will be suspended.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
IMO Neal should be suspended 10 games minimum. But I don't think he'll get anything- the ref only called a two minute minor, which means he didn't think it was so bad and Marchand was not injured. Plus most of the media attention has been directed to Thornton taking out Orpik, so Neal's bush league maneuver has been pushed to the back burner [did you see NHLN at intermission- all Thornton/Orpik for the most part].

I just don't think the league has the guts to suspend him. I will be very surprised and delighted if they do.

They can't, because Mario will cry and say he's taking his team and going home.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Thornton had his gloves on and didn't even land a square punch in the least bit. Someone tell me how Orpik got knocked out on that. Not saying he wasn't KOd, just baffled as to how he went out that easily given that no hard punches were landed.

OutspokenMinority*

Originally Posted by DKH View Post
Crosby has a little A Rod in him

This one can go in, at least, three different ways.
-----

jpf.

member 96824

NHLN is still calling Orpik's hit a clean hit and how Thornton was wrong to try to fight him. There's your official propaganda line from the league. Jeff O'Neill is full of ****.

Bobby Mac, THN, etc.

This and NESN are actually the only places calling it a headshot.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
So in your estimation what he did is going to guarantee that no other Bruin is going to be concussed or hurt? Wow we're all set then! I look forward to this magic force field that 22 just gave our guys.

lol what a total fallacy. If nothing else it probably accomplishes the exact opposite.

So they should just lay down, eh? I want these guys backing each other, nobody can guarantee anything but you can send a message that you aren't going to do it without having to pay the price, this game is about who is willing to pay the price.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Robins and Fraser would be my call ups, still wouldn't bring up Spooner and move him to wing. Jordan Caron should never play another game with the Bruins.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
Thornton had his gloves on and didn't even land a square punch in the least bit. Someone tell me how Orpik got knocked out on that. Not saying he wasn't KOd, just baffled as to how he went out that easily given that no hard punches were landed.

that's what is so crazy. It's not like he took of his gloves and threw haymakers into opiks head or anything. it looked like the first punch KO'd him and it was hardly anything. had to be one of thoese situations where it hit just right.

If I am Shanny.

Oprik - 5 games hit to the head of Louie
Neal - 20 games (that was the most disgusting knee to the head I can remember seeing and 100% intent to injure)

Thornton - 2 games max if anything.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
more of the same; B's have to expend much effort to develop offensive chances than their opponents. Meanwhile keeping the puck out of their own net.

When had Fluery been challenged tonight?

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Bruins fans who have a problem with what Thorty did should take a walk. Probably the same people who had a problem with him not doing anything to Cooke during the game.

Just trying to appease the masses and not look like a "homer"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad