GDT: 12/7: Boston Bruins vs. Injured Birds | 7pm ET | NHLN, NESN, 98.5 FM - II

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA
Check out Amanda Bruno ‏@reporter_abruno Twitter for the Vine of Dupuis' slash.

Seriously, what the ****? When's his hearing? ****ing Penguins ********.

ksp1957

Apr 11, 2006
South Shore
Check out Amanda Bruno ‏@reporter_abruno Twitter for the Vine of Dupuis' slash.

Seriously, what the ****? When's his hearing? ****ing Penguins ********.

Well the Flyers love the Pens as much as the Bruins do. Maybe we can call in a few markers and have the Flyers take care of business against the Pens their next game.:D

Hamilton Brian

Apr 12, 2004
Hamilton, ON
I don't even want to say what Neal did was worse than Thornton did, or what Thornton did was worse than what Neal did. It's difficult to quantify that. We can say that Thornton did it standing up for a teammate and be all good with that, yet still say that he looked like he got fed up and his emotions got the better of him by going after a guy on the ground. I read it elsewhere, but thought it very true; part of being an enforcer is sometimes doing dirt, and knowing that a suspension could be coming really is part of the job for those guys.

I don't even care about Neal. **** him. I think I'm most mad about the fact that a class, honorable guy like Shawn Thornton is going to be colored because of this incident. Make no mistake, I support why he went after Orpik even if I'm not pleased by how he did it...but I 100% understand why he did it and love him for it. Long respected by many for being one of the class guys in a role where it's tough to be classy sometimes. I certainly hope that no one on this board questions his role as enforcer for this team going forward...whenever it is that he plays again....like some have in the very recent past.

A lot of good emotion in this post. As the day goes on and we keep hearing the backs and forths, I'm going to keep coming back to this post.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
After seeing the nonsense that the Penguins engage in on full display last night, I can honestly say that I hate that team and it's sackless players more than any other team in the league. A bigger collection of gutless, cheap shot artists has never been assembled. Congrats to Mario. May he cry and whine about Orpik and threaten to take his puck and go home yet again if the league doesn't clean up this mess. :naughty:

howaryuh

Mar 28, 2004
Guelph, Ontario
We were hosting a work party at home last night, I could only keep track of the score on my phone and finally broke free to watch the last five minutes of the game with the sound off.
It was pretty awesome to watch what the Bruins pulled off, not to mention the save by Rask on Crosby.
Shame all the shenanigans take away from some exciting hockey.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
After seeing the nonsense that the Penguins engage in on full display last night, I can honestly say that I hate that team and it's sackless players more than any other team in the league. A bigger collection of gutless, cheap shot artists has never been assembled. Congrats to Mario. May he cry and whine about Orpik and threaten to take his puck and go home yet again if the league doesn't clean up this mess. :naughty:

Seconded. I think I may even be at the point where I hate the Pens more than the Habs :amazed:

Watching B's in 2. LOL at freaking Neal taking a dive at 17:30 after Chara bumps him during the 4 min PP on Marchand's high stick.

The guy is a piece of ****.

qc

Aug 23, 2011

Seconded. I think I may even be at the point where I hate the Pens more than the Habs :amazed:

Watching B's in 2. LOL at freaking Neal taking a dive at 17:30 after Chara bumps him during the 4 min PP on Marchand's high stick.

Thirded. I had them as a close 2nd to the Habs, but not after last night.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

I've been through too many games with Montreal to ever have them ranked any less than #1 on the hate list.

But Pittsburgh is #1A.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport

I said that earlier today.

I hate the Habs...but much like I hate the Yankees, I at least respect the history and tradition of the organization. You can't really argue with the organization's successful history. At least they have a culture and tradition of winning.

****sburgh? Pick-up-my-ball-and-go-home Mario? Fully embracing a tank not once, but twice?

**** the Pens. Forget flightless. Sackless is more like it.

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006
I said that earlier today.

I hate the Habs...but much like I hate the Yankees, I at least respect the history and tradition of the organization. You can't really argue with the organization's successful history. At least they have a culture and tradition of winning.

****sburgh? Pick-up-my-ball-and-go-home Mario? Fully embracing a tank not once, but twice?

**** the Pens. Forget flightless. Sackless is more like it.

Agreed. They're my least favorite organization in sports.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
A few years ago after the Cooke/Savard incident, Thornton threw a bunch of vicious punches at Cooke when he went down during their fight.

But Cooke didn't get hurt, so no one gave a ****.

The idea that Thornton "pounded" Orpik last night is laughable.

You want to say don't do anything to hit a guy on the ice I have no problem with that, but the hyperbole that is taking place is stupid. You'd think he was throwing haymakers, and not little half-punches, and even then, only the last one looked like something you'd say might be a punch.

The one on the visor looked like he was pawing at him.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Well the Flyers love the Pens as much as the Bruins do. Maybe we can call in a few markers and have the Flyers take care of business against the Pens their next game.:D

I don't like the Flyers either but I have zero problem cheering them on against the Penguins.

doubleminor138

Call me Snake
Jul 31, 2005
NH

Amen.

11MilesPerJohan

@BeingAHumanBean
Nov 8, 2011
McLean Hospital
The Penguins sure do unintentionally hurt a lot of our players. But at least it's not intentional...must just be bad luck. No trend or anything. Really nothing to see there at all.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Habs, Nucks, and Pens fans... the axis of hypocrisy.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Not ideal, but excited to see what Spooner does with this shot.

I almost wonder if Bergeron slides into more of the Kelly role as Spooner is more of an offensive center.

I do agree with Ali, a lot of fans are in for a rude awakening without Kelly.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
A few years ago after the Cooke/Savard incident, Thornton threw a bunch of vicious punches at Cooke when he went down during their fight.

But Cooke didn't get hurt, so no one gave a ****.

The idea that Thornton "pounded" Orpik last night is laughable.

You want to say don't do anything to hit a guy on the ice I have no problem with that, but the hyperbole that is taking place is stupid. You'd think he was throwing haymakers, and not little half-punches, and even then, only the last one looked like something you'd say might be a punch.

The one on the visor looked like he was pawing at him.

Mike gets it right right here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad