GDT: 12/7: Boston Bruins vs. Injured Birds | 7pm ET | NHLN, NESN, 98.5 FM - II

2ka RasK*

Unless he is talking about trades he should sit down and shut up

That's exactly how I feel.

He's good. Really good. But he seems to lose his mind when talking about the Bruins, or fighting, i really don't know tbh because I only pay attention to his rants when it's directed at the Bruins.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
On top of it all, we get lectured to by Bob McKenzie.

I stopped reading and disregarded everything said when he said he wasn't sure the Neal knee was intentional.

Okay...that's the way it is. Thank you. Done.

You really tip your hand when you go all out off on Thornton, and then be willfully stupid in the next breath when it comes to the other side.

2ka RasK*

I stopped reading and disregarded everything said when he said he wasn't sure the Neal knee was intentional.

Okay...that's the way it is. Thank you. Done.

You really tip your hand when you go all out off on Thornton, and then be willfully stupid in the next breath about the other side.

He has said other things against the Bruins in the past.

Like I said, I really don't know if it's exclusive to the Bruins.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Neal: "I mean, what do you want me to say? That I was trying to hit him?" Neal said. "No, I'm going by him. I don't get out of the way, like I said. I need to be more careful and I guess get my knee out of the way, but I'm not trying to hit him in the head or injure him or anything like that."

What a d-bag

Especially when you contrast that with what Thorts said at his post-game presser.

Probably the most telling indicator of where these two organizations sit as far as accountability and respect for the game and their fellow players.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Now that I've seen the replay and read through most of these GDT for tonight, I'm kinda left with two thoughts...one good, one bad.

1. Something like this hurts short-term, considering the injuries sustained. Long-term it's the kind of game that a team can really unite over (especially considering the long road trip coming up the week ahead.) the way they celebrated Z's goal....you know this win meant something. It was more than two points to them tonight.

2. Yet, the bad....was seeing how some of our "fans" responded to each other in this thread. The idea that some people think their fandom (and by extension, their opinions) are more valuable and more worthy than other fans simply because those diss entered dared to disagree with the majority was pretty shameful. Because some people expressed that they weren't thrilled with what Thornton did (and I'll go on the record as I did in the Thornton thread that while the execution failed, I'm totally fine with what Sugar did), some of you have the gall to question someone's loyalty and appreciation for this team?

Some of you acted like real ****sticks tonight. I'm more embarrassed by that over anything that happened on the ice tonight.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
You know what bothers me? If the NHL looks at this frame by frame and determines Thornton wasn't totally to blame (that Orpik hit his head on a teammate's skate, or something freaky like that), and doesn't throw the book at him (some people on twitter are demanding 20 games; hell, McKenzie seems sure it'll be at least six, probably double digits), the howls of outrage will be deafening.

This bothers me not at all.

Neal: "I mean, what do you want me to say? That I was trying to hit him?" Neal said. "No, I'm going by him. I don't get out of the way, like I said. I need to be more careful and I guess get my knee out of the way, but I'm not trying to hit him in the head or injure him or anything like that."

What a d-bag

Especially when you contrast that with what Thorts said at his post-game presser.

Probably the most telling indicator of where these two organizations sit as far as accountability and respect for the game and their fellow players.

I hope that's exactly what Neal tells Shanny. "I didn't feel like getting out of the way."

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Seriously, I hope that is looked into, because that's just ridiculous. Such a brutal game, can't remember the last game I watched where there were so many injuries/suspensions.

I don't think the league suspends for slashes.

Boychuk got a real nasty slash that broke his arm a few years back and the league didn't do anything.

I do think that should be taken into account as a defense for Thornton-when I look at all the missed calls by refs no wonder Thornton had had enough.

Shoot as a fan I have had enough.

Thornton's move on Orpik wasn't okay-but the game taken as a whole to that point was a typical Bruins get ***** on by the refs while the Pens (opposition) gets to play dirty.

At the point Thornton went after Orpik we already had Louie done for the night and he just saw Neal knee Marchand in the head (so potentially 2 head injuries in the game to Bruins and the Pens were getting all the PPs).

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
random fantasy hockey question for tonight. any help is appreciated.

Do you think Johnson will start tonight over Rask d/t the back to back? Thanks

I bet Tuukka plays tonight and Johnson starts in Calgary and Edmonton. Tuukka will get Vancouver.

Rumpy

Mar 13, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
I'm more mad this morning than I was last night.

If I'm in charge I put Marchand in a neck brace let him talk to the media and not fly with the team.

This joke of a league would back track and give Neal 10-15 games.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
And I am also bothered by the fact that Kelly has a broken ankle from a slash.

Is breaking an ankle with a slash not egregious? But nobody cares except the Bruins and Kelly.

Refs let this one get away from them.
Bruins come outnofnthe game looking at two long term injuries and feeling blessed that it isn't three and all the talk is about Thornton and Orpik.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
And I am also bothered by the fact that Kelly has a broken ankle from a slash.

Is breaking an ankle with a slash not egregious? But nobody cares except the Bruins and Kelly.

Refs let this one get away from them.
Bruins come outnofnthe game looking at two long term injuries and feeling blessed that it isn't three and all the talk is about Thornton and Orpik.

I watched the game this AM but I didn`t see the slash, who was the offender?

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
I watched the game this AM but I didn`t see the slash, who was the offender?

Either Letang or Dupuis. Both took good hacks at him in the waning seconds.

Kelly was on the ice for the last shift and left the ice with everyone else and he didn't miss any shifts, so it came as a pretty big surprise. When I watched the replay, I had a hard time pinpointing it exactly...but my best guess is one of those two.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
I will say this at least....I took a gander at the post-game thread in the PIT forum and a solid majority of them are calling out Neal for his blatant headshot. Like with anything, there's always a vocal minority (and yes, our board has it too, let's not kid ourselves) that bleat out completely ignorant statements that make the majority of rational people look bad. I don't even have a problem with Pens fans...that's their Assistant Captain who got carted off (regardless of what people think he should've done in responding to Thorts or/and regardless of how severe we think the injury was, is still an important part of their team)...but damn, even a night of sleep didn't dull the fact that I think that franchise, top to bottom is a turd smear on the Underroos of hockey.

I don't even want to say what Neal did was worse than Thornton did, or what Thornton did was worse than what Neal did. It's difficult to quantify that. We can say that Thornton did it standing up for a teammate and be all good with that, yet still say that he looked like he got fed up and his emotions got the better of him by going after a guy on the ground. I read it elsewhere, but thought it very true; part of being an enforcer is sometimes doing dirt, and knowing that a suspension could be coming really is part of the job for those guys.

I don't even care about Neal. **** him. I think I'm most mad about the fact that a class, honorable guy like Shawn Thornton is going to be colored because of this incident. Make no mistake, I support why he went after Orpik even if I'm not pleased by how he did it...but I 100% understand why he did it and love him for it. Long respected by many for being one of the class guys in a role where it's tough to be classy sometimes. I certainly hope that no one on this board questions his role as enforcer for this team going forward...whenever it is that he plays again....like some have in the very recent past.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad