GDT: 12/7/2013 - Panthers @ Red Wings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erick*

Goal aside (not that it should be pushed aside since it was a difference maker too), Hayes played a great game tonight. He did all of the little things. He even broke up an odd-man rush at one point. Nice game for him and Matthias.

All of the lines played well basically.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
only watched the 2nd period but if that was any indication that was of the most foundationally solid games ive seen us play. We dominated puck possession and we were in the right place at the right time all night. Very solid.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Last two games have been lead from the D-men. Besides Mr. Corsi all our D have been playing great.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Detroit's only goal was a lucky bounce. A rebound right on to Cleary's stick. They almost got another lucky bounce off Weaver's skate. Fortunately it didn't cross the line.

Acadmus

pastured mod
Jul 22, 2003
Vermont
Always great to see the Panthers beat a team like the Wings, even if they were missing a couple top players. On paper they're still better than the Panthers, so putting them down is very satisfying.:yo:

Don't get the Weiss hate of a few posts, though. Even if you don't think much of his talent, the guy was a warrior for this team. Maybe would have been better for both if he'd been less so, since he played hurt most of the last 5 years :laugh: But he still exemplifies what you want in a player, and the team was always better with him in the lineup than without.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
That could have easily been 4 or 5-1 with a little more puck luck in the 2nd and if this team learns to finish plays after working hard.

A drill this team should do near beginning of every practice:

-Hard skate (to simulate game experience)
-No water
-Followed by bags of pucks dumped in front of crease area: players finishing into empty net while fatigued for 2-5 minutes.
-Water break
-Practice now starts

Guds:

-Needs to work on balance board in off-season with core drills and resistance training. His balance is beyond horrible...his skating seems to be getting better. His balance needs to be worked on though, he falls down way too often even when he is being the aggressor.

People behind the scenes need to get a clue with this team. Watch the game film, and do your jobs.

I'm happy though :) The Wings looked like a two man team tonight minus those two superstar players.

Erick*

Always great to see the Panthers beat a team like the Wings, even if they were missing a couple top players. On paper they're still better than the Panthers, so putting them down is very satisfying.:yo:

Don't get the Weiss hate of a few posts, though. Even if you don't think much of his talent, the guy was a warrior for this team. Maybe would have been better for both if he'd been less so, since he played hurt most of the last 5 years :laugh: But he still exemplifies what you want in a player, and the team was always better with him in the lineup than without.

Yeah, I don't get it either.

Lundell4Prez

Yandle = Bad
Jul 5, 2008

+1 on not getting the Weiss hate. I loved him here... He's one of the few ex panthers I cheer for.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013

Agree. Nothing but respect for him and his time here. Although with our young talent I can't say I miss him.

bishop12

Ovyously
Dec 1, 2006
Kulikov has looked solid ever since that healthy scratch..which I hear now was because of a deal that FLA had in place with the Avs.

Sykwitit

Mar 2, 2013
That could have easily been 4 or 5-1 with a little more puck luck in the 2nd and if this team learns to finish plays after working hard.

A drill this team should do near beginning of every practice:

-Hard skate (to simulate game experience)
-No water
-Followed by bags of pucks dumped in front of crease area: players finishing into empty net while fatigued for 2-5 minutes.
-Water break
-Practice now starts

Guds:

-Needs to work on balance board in off-season with core drills and resistance training. His balance is beyond horrible...his skating seems to be getting better. His balance needs to be worked on though, he falls down way too often even when he is being the aggressor.

People behind the scenes need to get a clue with this team. Watch the game film, and do your jobs.

I'm happy though :) The Wings looked like a two man team tonight minus those two superstar players.

Ever hear of the NHLPA? ;)

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
Weiss will always be one of my all-time former Panthers. I hate to see him struggling anywhere as he provided so much for this organization since being drafted here. I'm hoping he picks it up soon because I barely noticed him tonight at all.

As for the game, another great overall 60 minute effort. The Panthers deserved to get the two points by far. Great to see Huberdeau score. That should boost his confidence and hopefully get him back on track. Again, I am loving the trade for Hayes and Olsen. Both play with so much effort and intensity. Definitely Tallon type of players that might have a long future here.

I don't expect to get a win tomorrow, but you never know with this team which one is going to come out. Some nights they can beat anyone. Other games, anyone can beat them.

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
Who was this team tonight ?

Winning battles for lose pucks, playing a simple game...while crashing the net.

Good win.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado

The organization definitely got Weiss' best years. He's a good player. I don't really have much more to say about the guy.

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
The Joe was dead tonight. Very surprised considering a full house. Our kids out cheered the wings fans in the wings shoot twice end.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Just finished watching the game, didn't get a chance to watch it live since I've been busy with Xmas stuff coming up.

We played a great game. 1st period was pretty even but after that it was all us. Our 2nd period was very impressive, shame we couldn't get more scoring. Team continues to struggle finishing chances. It's a team-wide problem.

Kulikov looks a lot better since sitting a couple of games ago, actually hit the net with some shots and looks much more composed out there.

Guds is killing it. Olsen and Hayes have been solid pickups. Very happy with their play so far.

Tomorrow night is going to be a tough one. Chicago will want to win, let's hope we bring it.

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida
Oh Lindsay

Ba8S2i-CcAIt9j8.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/LindsayBHockey/status/409566819603587073

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad