GDT: 12/6/18 - 7:30PM EDT - Boston vs Tampa Bay

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
If nothing else, and actually a lot more than nothing because were winning, we are developing a resilient and very experienced #2. I know he played a lot of games for the Yotes but he was getting shelled behind a porous D and I'm not sure you do much developing under those circumstances. These kinds of games give him confidence I don't think he has had before.

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
I think it was his best game in a while, but not his best of the year. He was fine tonight. We can win consistently if we're getting that performance from him.
Yeah, I can't remember them all but I know this one was up there.

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
AVs scored 5 to wn tonight and back to the 4th in the standing.
gonna be tested yet again next game

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Great game but that cooper shell at the end of games is really bothersome. We give up way too many goals at the end of periods and right after we score.

Go bolts!

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
It was brought up earlier in the game, but this is damn hard team to beat with the production we're getting from the bottom 6 guys. On cue, big 3rd period goals from Joseph and Cirelli.

Joseph's getting better as the season goes along.

I think Cirelli is what he is. Kind of a poor man's Johnson. .... .....

Cernak was up and down tonight. Made a couple of terrible giveaways, but showed his skillset off too. Still feeling good about his future with us. He's tough to play against.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Innnnterestingggg defensemen TOI tonight. Still spreading out the minutes pretty evenly aside from Mac. I know there was only one Lightning PP, but McDonagh took half of it instead of Sergachev and he also had more total TOI than Hedman. o_O

McDonagh 23:54 (1:10 PP, 2:14 SH)
Hedman 20:58 (0:50 PP, 0:51 SH )
Cernak 20:00 (1:56 SH)
Girardi 19:40 (2:04 SH)
Sergachev 18:17 no PP or PK
Coburn 15:55 (0:55 SH)

Cernak made some rookie mistakes, but is still looking pretty dang good.

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
Innnnterestingggg defensemen TOI tonight. Still spreading out the minutes pretty evenly aside from Mac. I know there was only one Lightning PP, but McDonagh took half of it instead of Sergachev and he also had more total TOI than Hedman. o_O

McDonagh 23:54 (1:10 PP, 2:14 SH)
Hedman 20:58 (0:50 PP, 0:51 SH )
Cernak 20:00 (1:56 SH)
Girardi 19:40 (2:04 SH)
Sergachev 18:17 no PP or PK
Coburn 15:55 (0:55 SH)

Cernak made some rookie mistakes, but is still looking pretty dang good.
They changed Dparis quite a bit at certain point in the game
saw Mcd-Serg Heddy-Cernak(Serg) maybe? though I think G was always stapled to Heddy at ES.

And yeah, looking at the TOI for the last few games Cernak won more trust than Serg already?

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
Great game but that cooper shell at the end of games is really bothersome. We give up way too many goals at the end of periods and right after we score.

Go bolts!
While I sort of agree with your general premise, the cam angle from right behind the net showed pretty clearly that that 2nd B's goal was an LD softie.

I do think though that we have been better than last year in both areas you mentioned. Not great, but better. Last year it was almost guaranteed uninterrupted O zone time for our opponent in the last two minutes of game where we were up by one or two with lots of high danger shots and as often as not a goal. We're not seeing that level of "shell" game ineptitude this year.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
They changed Dparis quite a bit at certain point in the game
saw Mcd-Serg Heddy-Cernak maybe? though I think G was alwasy stapled to Heddy at ES.

And yeah, looking at the TOI for the last few games Cernak won more trust than Serg already?

It certainly looks like Cernak is trusted more at the moment, But yeah, the pairs did change a bit. You're right though that Girardi was always with Hedman except for being with Mac during part of the PK time.

It's actually Hedman I'm a bit more worried about right now. He'll show flashes of his awesome beastly talent but then be rather pedestrian/average the rest of the time. o_O

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
It certainly looks like Cernak is trusted more at the moment, But yeah, the pairs did change a bit. You're right though that Girardi was always with Hedman except for being with Mac during part of the PK time.

It's actually Hedman I'm a bit more worried about right now. He'll show flashes of his awesome beastly talent but then be rather pedestrian/average the rest of the time. o_O
Yea that kind of too "takin' it easy" attitude of him can be fixed..that was seen in early Kuch also. Not really helpful when you got Dom who needs every help from the players in front of him.

Last edited:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
If nothing else, and actually a lot more than nothing because were winning, we are developing a resilient and very experienced #2. I know he played a lot of games for the Yotes but he was getting shelled behind a porous D and I'm not sure you do much developing under those circumstances. These kinds of games give him confidence I don't think he has had before.

I wouldn't take it that far. His rebound control is still awful, but he can make saves. I don't see him developing into more than an average back-up. He'll have some solid games, and some great games, like every other average back-up. But he wasn't fundamentally a whole lot better in this one. He gave up fewer weak goals, but still gave up a weak goal, and spit rebounds out like candy.

We're just good enough to overcome that now. In years past, those rebounds would have turned into long stretches in our zone. We get the puck up ice better now.

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
2 points.
We scored 3 goals, so Domingue could make only 2 mistakes. He did them, but no more which is nice.
Hey I forgot to tell you this during the game but did you happen to catch the commentator kindly reminding us that Killer is a Harvard graduate Hint1k?

They should be promoting Killer for All-Star Game to bring the high level of hockey already.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00