GDT: 12/6/18 - 7:30PM EDT - Boston vs Tampa Bay

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Well they did touch it, but they didn't handle it. I maintain that Stamkos was robbed.

Haha, yeah. I'm not sure what the rule is there, but the Bruin did enough for it to not be blown dead. Not sure if you need possession, or just a touch, like with a high stick. I have a feeling if the entire play had happened in the offensive zone, we might not have been given the goal. But where Stamkos was just trying to clear the puck, it worked out.

Reactions: Master P

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
I wouldn't take it that far. His rebound control is still awful, but he can make saves. I don't see him developing into more than an average back-up. He'll have some solid games, and some great games, like every other average back-up. But he wasn't fundamentally a whole lot better in this one. He gave up fewer weak goals, but still gave up a weak goal, and spit rebounds out like candy.

We're just good enough to overcome that now. In years past, those rebounds would have turned into long stretches in our zone. We get the puck up ice better now.
Agreed on all points save one, you know as well as I do that a goalies confidence is as important as his stick and a confident LD is an exponentially better than a dear-in-the-headlights LD. You can see it by his body language and movement alone. That was my only point.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Agreed on all points save one, you know as well as I do that a goalies confidence is as important as his stick and a confident LD is an exponentially better than a dear-in-the-headlights LD. You can see it by his body language and movement alone. That was my only point.

Yeah, but you're basically saying, "He's not awful," which is different than saying, "He's good." I think he's more/less adequate. Not nearly as good as we'd hoped he might be, but not nearly as bad as he was on his worst nights.

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
Yeah, but you're basically saying, "He's not awful," which is different than saying, "He's good." I think he's more/less adequate. Not nearly as good as we'd hoped he might be, but not nearly as bad as he was on his worst nights.
Clearly we had different expectations of what LD was going to be.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Just realized Cernak had his second straight 20 minute game. Had some memorable flubs, but it's good to see the staff showing faith in him against a legit opponent in a competitive game.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->